Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-16-2008, 08:10 AM
Post-Surgery Day 6

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Stamped some and watched a couple of movies. It rained all day and UK lost their SEC tournament game. I didn't even shower. Just did stuff on the computer and I wasn't even tired enough to take a nap.

I told my DH he was going to have to get me out of here today. My back is killing me from being on it so much. I am in desperate need of a manicure so I think that's what I'll do. DH can take me and drop me off, then come get me when I'm done. It will take a while b/c they are in bad shape.

I counted last night and I have 26 staples. Can't wait to get them out, I think they are causing me the most discomfort. My surgeon was supposed to straighten up my c-section scar and give me a mini-tuck but it looks to me that it is more crooked and the tuck didn't happen. I am hoping it will look much different once it is fully healed and the swelling is gone.

Everyone is talking about being really tired just from daily activity like walking around the house and taking a shower but that is not happening with me. Before my surgery I was working out and I think that has helped with my stamina.

I do have some weird twingy pains in my abdomen in different places but that is to be expected since nerves were cut and someone was in there moving your guts around. I know it will settle down after a while but each pain makes me wonder if something has come loose or has gone wrong.

Overall my experience has been pretty positive. Being goal oriented I am looking forward to being back to my old self only ten times better!! Just have to combat boredom at this point.

Hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

HI there. I'm not sure what My Dr. meant by not traveling as well. I did have to go with Daughter to a soccer game that was 1 hour away. The game took 1 hour & the hour trip back... We also made a trip into Pets Mart to pick up stuff for the critters for the next 3 weeks. I was in pain... I did lay my seat back in the car but it didn't help. I also got really gassy. The total time I was up & about was 4 hours. When we got home I slept for the rest of the day & night. I am hurting more today as well. I have been trying to cut down on the pain killers but I'm back to every 4 hour again.
Good luck in your decision. I hope I've help in some way.
Jean
Unread 03-16-2008, 11:25 AM

Hi everyone! I had TAH on 2-28 came home on 3-2. I was fine in the hospital I did take the medicine as recommended. It was all good until 3-5 I had 102.1 fever and returned to the hospital for a hemotoma. That is a non traveling blood clot. I stayed for 5 days and then was sent home on bed rest. I am sure that this was the worst. I am so glad that all is good now. Yesterday I was given the ok to drive alittle to get me out of the house. I was also allowed to go grocerys with my husband.
My insition is coming allong wonderfully. I could say that this was bad but all is coming allong wonderfully.

L
15 days away from 30. TAH on 2-29-08 everything gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 12:59 PM

HI, Joan I had mine the same day you had yours...and it was done vaginally they took everything, My days are weird some are up and some are down, i might fee great, then a few hours later crash out of no where. I'm trying to not take meds, The whole BM thing was my biggest nightmare,and my most pain. The gas OMG i thought would be the death of me and still kicks me in the butt. My activity is low i move around and do little things here and there but get winded pretty fast. As far as the vaginal area is concerned, i've been trying to figure out whats normal and not, the swelling finally went down so shes semi normal so to speak, the pain to me is a little worse internally now. I guess more like a raw feeling, with more discharge,some times more blood i have a appt in 2 days and actually cant wait just to make sure nothing is wrong, i dont want to get into to much detail not to gross anyone out. I did have 4 incisions insted of 3.
Unread 03-16-2008, 01:08 PM

Todays recovery...weird..I can say i had the best 5 hours sleep last night!!!!Just so excited about that, finally i didnt get up every 20-30 mins to pee, which takes 20-30 to get there and back so i feel like its a hour process for each pee!!! between getting up and redeeming your comfortable spot you took forever to find LOL, I know some of you can relate to that one. But i woke at 8:30am to this god forsaking itching on one of my incisions, which is in my pelvic area just below my c-cut from the last surgery,all of a sudden the two decided to have a field day of nerves..you cant scratch, and rubbing feels good for a minute but does irratate, i sqeezeed the pillow i scratched something else to distract myself..finally i took a washcloth with cold water and layed it on there just to cool it down. much better for a bit,but then other feelings kicked in,so far a day of boredom,loneness,making me teary eyed. Just want someone to talk to,i'm by myself for like 12 hours and i'm used to working 12 or 13 hour days, can some one please tell me when is a good time frame to leave the house??So spent like 2 hours looking at puppies online..geez must be looking to bond with something i just should send someone to go by me a fish LOL. I hope you ladies are having better days
Unread 03-16-2008, 02:41 PM

Hope you are all recovering well. I had LAVH on 3/3 and stayed in the hospital one night (miserable night as I couldn't sleep). Sent home with Percocet. I have been taking mostly Ibuprofen since about day 3 though. My back has been bothing me from sitting/reclining so much. My pain level has been at about 2-3 most days - very controllable. Friday I overdid it and went to an arena football game and have been very tired since. Then today I went to church for the first time and forgot to take any analgesics (I was fine when I had just awoken!). UGH - pain shot up to a 6 by the time I came home. Went straight to the Percocet and a nap. Here I was thinking I'd be ready to go back to work in a week. I don't know! Overall I have had a good recovery. I see my doc on Tuesday for my follow-up, so we'll see what she says.

Hang in there ladies. I'm glad of this forum.
- Marie
Unread 03-16-2008, 02:44 PM

hey sweetpea, I sure can sympathize with you on the itching. That's about to drive me crazy. About talking to someone, talk away, i think we all feel the same way, it's good to be able to get your feelings out on here, to people that understand. hang in there. as far as 1st outtings. i had a really good day yesterday so i went to get my nails done, and my daughter begged me to take her to the mall, we went for 30min and i told her we had to go, had a miserable night last night for it and resorted to a pain pill, which i hadn't taken in about 4 days, and today i'm exhausted and sore. so, take it very slow and listen to your body.
Unread 03-16-2008, 03:16 PM

It is good to hear everyone discuss their activity level. Had my TAH on 3/7. If I could I would be walking all day I would, my body is exhausted from sitting around, my mind is numb from reading and sleeping. I have been to a friends for a glass of wine for 1 1/2 hours on day 7, it went well although I find the sitting position least comforatble. I prefer standing or lying down. I went to a store and Dairy Queen and was fine after that. My doctor said I can drive but I am not comfortable doing that yet, anyone driven yet? I am not itchy so now I know I can anticipate that!!! I put an ice pack on the swelly part for 1 hour each morning. I am also taking 150ch of Arnica 3X a day, a homeopathic medicine that promotes healing and mending of sore muscles. I figure it can't hurt. I am not on any pain killers since day 5. I am less gassy but those BM makes me whimper. The incision site burns a bit and feels like one big bruise not to mention a few bruises on my left hip (?) I hope everyone has a great day, I will think of you while I sit and sit and sit!
Unread 03-16-2008, 04:03 PM

(((ladies)))

Just a gentle reminder ~ if you have any questions about your recovery, please start a new thread so that all our post-op members can see it and have the opportunity to respond ~ particularly those who are further out in their recoveries and have more experience to share. This is the best way to get support ~ in the true tradition of HysterSisters!

Please note this thread is intended for progress reports only ~ check out Princess Bea Well's introductory post for further information on how to use the thread.

Sending all good wishes for your recoveries and thanks for your understanding!

Unread 03-16-2008, 04:50 PM
feel great 11 days out of surgery

My recovery is going very well. Aside from a few pains and this swelly belly that gets worse at night. I have not been out of the house since the day after my surgery, the car ride home. It's pretty bad when you get excited about going to the doctor . My follow up is tomorrow and can't wait to get out of the house. I am soooo bored. Thank goodness I found this site because it has answered a lot of my questions. It is very helpful to know that there are women out there experiencing the exact same thing that I am. I am also going to try to go Wal-mart tomorrow, If I can convince my DH that I'm okay. I hate wearing sweats in public, but I am going to have to because I can't get jeans on over this darn belly. it is so uncomfortable.
Thank you all for your helpful posts
Pam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register