Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 202 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

JesusCrew- How was your movie ? Sorry to read you were feeling down.
Didn’t get the booklet yet. Am waiting patiently. I feel as tho I had all possible
menopause symptoms in five weeks. I didn’t expect that.

RedMalibu- I feel for you. I feel so lucky not to have to go back quite yet.
Hope you are not having to lift anything too heavy. Hope you can get some
badly needed sleep.

Maetigger-Yes Norman Vincent Peale is excellent too.

Teach- Hope your day goes better then you expect.

Shelly-There’s so much to look at on this site. Do you remember how to get to this ? friends without faces thread

well, hope everyone is sleeping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2008, 05:43 AM

Hey guys
Just have a few minutes - the sleep thing might plague us for a long time.

Melatonin helps me but I still have not had a full nights sleep. Sheesh. No wonder menopause women are known to be *****y - we're sleep deprived.

Reading a few posts I again encourage you guys to take it easy and look after your recovery - no matter how long it takes - it's not a competition.

I'm back at work but I am the owner and the boss so I have the luxury of only doing what I have to do. It's nice to be back.

Some people are idiots - other are so kind. I ran into someone yesterday and said I was 7 weeks post op and she looked at me tenderly and said 'Even though you are feeling well - don't push it - it really will take 3 months to recover'

I feel that she is saying that to all of us. We need more people like that in our lives.

Tuna it's good to be frugal - but it's not good to be cheap when it comes to you. Sounds like you learned that lesson. We all digress - that's why we need each other.

I too am worried about Denise - I will check in later.

Have a great day ladies.

Oh - I ordered a chillow - anyone have one?
Unread 05-01-2008, 08:06 AM

[quote=booklvr]Shelly-There’s so much to look at on this site. Do you remember how to get to this ? friends without faces threadQUOTE]

Yes, click on the forums tab at the top right side of the page. Then scroll down until you find the section HysterSisters Connecting Friends. Then click Friends without Faces thread.

There is a whole otherside to hystersisters. I guess I was to dopped up before to notice . There are games, articles and so much more. This site just keeps giving and giving!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2008, 08:12 AM

I'm feeling pretty good today. We are going out of state to my in-law's ranch tomorrow for the weekend. Anyone try a 3 hour car ride yet? Sure hope I'm up to it. I'll bring Vin Deisel incase I need him. I haven't used him for awhile but I rather be safe than sorry.

I slept good the last 2 nights but last night I slept really bad! I was to hot! It was really windy here in CO so I couldn't open the window. I put a fan on but it didn't seem to help. Do any of you think maybe your to hot at night so your not sleeping as well? Just a thought...I've been trying to figure this insomia thing out. I don't want to take any sleep aids sometimes I like a glass of wine or two and I don't think you can mix the two. Also I don't want to become dependant on something. Has anyone had any problems when they tried to stop taking it? I haven't done any research so I don't know much about sleep aids.
Unread 05-01-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumblebee
Some people are idiots - other are so kind. I ran into someone yesterday and said I was 7 weeks post op and she looked at me tenderly and said 'Even though you are feeling well - don't push it - it really will take 3 months to recover'

I feel that she is saying that to all of us. We need more people like that in our lives.

One of my neighbors had a hyster several years ago and she keeps telling me it takes a year to recover. I sure hope it doesn't take that long! She keeps yelling at me that I'm doing to much. I feel like I'm not doing enough...were is the middle ground? I don't feel like I do enough so I do alot one day then I pay for it the next. How do we know when we're doing to much. I mean while we are doing it so we don't over do it? I guess listen to our bodies? Anyone any ideas?

Sorry I feel I might be a little talkative today It is sleeting outside so I'm stuck indoors today...poor sisters I'll post alot today.
Unread 05-01-2008, 08:42 AM

Okay, I walked too much and too quickly around the city last night, and now I am paying the price:

I woke at 3 am, with painful cramping and burning and it felt like a Uti. I tried a heating pad and ibuprofin and MORE Melatonin, nothing killed the pain or made me slep, until I resorted to a Percocet.

I plan on doing NOTHING today, just laying in bed studying. The road is long and bumpy, up one day, down the next. How will I make it through work next week?
Unread 05-01-2008, 09:44 AM

Hi,
I am glad to say I am finally back on the treadmill everyday, it feels really good to get some consistenacy back in my life. I walk 30min everyday before I start the day, that way it is out of the way.
I have been getting lightheaded the past few days and I just took my BP it seems really low, so I am going to monitor for a while and if it continues to be low I will call the Dr.
As for the sleeping aid, I too did not want to take them, however I did give in and start taking them, on the days I don't take them it is extrememly hard to sleep may 4 hrs at the most, I have a dr. appt next week with my GP and I am going to talk to her about it. The Gyn Dr. is willing to keep prescribing if needed, so I wil see, I am thinking once I get back to work all of this should end.
Well better go for now I will check in later today.
Karen
Unread 05-01-2008, 09:58 AM

I girls,looks like Denise is still Mia? Shelly you asked about dry skin,I've had that to but with thryroid problems that happens to so keep an eye on those stmptoms.Today I am sleepy & I slept good last night,I take one simply sleep on work nights & non work nights I have slept without it no problem.My lower back & bladder feel funny,can you juice away a uti or bladder infection by drinking cranberry juice? I dont wanna go to the dr
Unread 05-01-2008, 10:41 AM

I'm tired. I hate to say it but I think I'll be taking a nap today. Maetigger I don't know if you can juice away a bladder infection. I've had 2 so far and I took a prescription from my Dr. I know what you mean lower back pain and weird feeling. Hope you feel better
Unread 05-01-2008, 11:02 AM

I figure I will drink lots of juice today & if it doesnt feel better I will see if I can get in.Just dont wanna miss work.Today is such a sleepy day

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register