Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Don't let them make you feel like that. It all depends on the doc.

Mine has been throwing pain meds at me. Truth is the type of surgery that I have I'd have to be unconscious 24-7 to be 100% out of pain. They have me on Percocet every 4 hours, OxyContin every 12 hours, and 800 mg. of Motrin in between doses of Percocet. I still feel some pain. My doc keeps saying she wished there was something more she can give me. For the most part.....my pain management is very good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Wound Care

Ok ladies. My specific question of the day:

I had laparoscopic surgery and thus have two port holes on either side of the abdomen and one through the belly button. These were not closed with stitches, just with the adhesive wound liquid. I am 11 days post surgery and the adhesive is wearing off. In one case it has come off completely and left a round opening rather than a thin healing line like I'd like.

When should I remove the adhesive? Should I just continue to let it fall of. I have more and can reseal a wound, should I do that with the open one?

Should I clean them? Hydrogen peroxide, etc.? I really did not get any instructions for this and my MD isn't back in until Friday. I should have asked sooner, but I figure some of you have been given basic instructions.

Please share what you've got.

Thanks a bunch!
Unread 03-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Whew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonniejo
Candace,
Thanks for your reply, The Dr. gave me oral phenergan, but they wouldn't stay down so she gave me the trusted suppository so now I go back and forth between the 2 today has been a good day, so far the oral is doing the trick and the back door seems to be slowing down.
Hopefully this means you won't end up in the hospital after all. They have orally dissolving Zofran for when things don't like to stay down, but as far as I am concerned even suppository is fabulous as long as it works. Thank goodness she took care of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 04:08 PM

I had the laproscopic to & you described my belly but my adhesive is still on,they told me not to wash rub or peel them let water run over them when you shower & pat dry.So call the doc about putting anything on there.One of mine looks like a hole with clear nail polish on it.also my belly button is covered in the clear stuff
Unread 03-25-2008, 05:27 PM

day 13 post-op
almost at the 2 week mark; time is a funny thing, seems like forever ago and yet like yesterday, where have the weeks gone???
My DD took me out briefly yesterday to my first outing to the store. We were quite the pair. She is expecting her 1st child in 2 months and is at the point of tired, slow and waddling. Normally she and I are both active and briskly moving people. So there we were both slowly waddling through the store hanging onto the cart and laughing at how funny we seemed to each other. I really felt bad, I needed a gallon of milk and it was on the bottom of the shelf and I had to ask her if she could pick it up for me and put it in the cart. Not thinking it would look as though I was being totally unreasonable asking a woman in her state to do such a thing, she gladly did it, and boy! did I get the negative looks from the others watching on!! I told my daughter that I ought to have put a sign on my front that said, "recovering from major surgery!". We laughed as we both slowly waddled away to finish our shopping. We really had a good time together glad that we each were moving at the same speed together.
One thing that has been bothering me that I have wondered if others are having is nausea. I just never have that problem! But off and on the last week I have had problems with it. And today especially I have the whole nausea thing! I have not had problems with too much pain and just take an occasional Tylenol but the nausea will just come on from nowhere! Sometimes it helps to eat a little or to drink some peppermint tea. Oh the yukky feeling! Can't figure out why that would be a problem at this stage of the game.
Glad to hear how everyone else is doing.
Unread 03-25-2008, 05:48 PM

Hi LuBeeMay

I get nausea only when I take pain meds, whether its Ibuprofin or Percocet, on an empty stomach.

I am takint more pain meds now than I did last week because I am much more active and by evening my belly is hurting.
Unread 03-25-2008, 05:59 PM

I am with everyone about the nausea. I feel awful and queezy. I think that the vicodin that they put me on is doing it. When I was on percoset it did not seem so bad. The doctor could not call in percocet but could vicodin so that is what I got.
Unread 03-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Nausea

The little bit of nausea that I am having is due to the hormonal change....at least that is what the DR told me. Of course, they took both of my ovaries and I am unable to take any form of HRT due to Protein C deficiency...so maybe the hormone adjustment with the pain meds and not eating so much is contributing to the nausea?
Unread 03-25-2008, 07:12 PM

Also...if you are taking Ibuprofen and Percocet, you will notice that the Percocets have 325mg of Acetaminophen in them....so if you are taking these together, you are getting the 400, 600, 800mg of Aspirin, plus the Codeine, plus the Tyelonol equivalent....so that is A LOT on already queasy stomachs....
Unread 03-25-2008, 07:20 PM

Time again for the daily check in.

Shoot me now it is only tuesday. My boss called to see if I could come back to work-they would prop me up in a wheelchair and I can do psychiatric evaluations for admission to the hospital. Can you see it now....they are drooling...I am drooling but for different reasons.

Girls I am not myself...I didn't even go to the mailbox. Oh well...I need a day off I am exhausted teehee.

Anyone notice when you turn too quickly that things feel like elastic bands are attached and snapping inside.

I have my follow up with dr next monday...I cannot wait.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register