Hopes, Goals and Dreams for 2009! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hopes, Goals and Dreams for 2009! Hopes, Goals and Dreams for 2009!

Unread 12-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Hopes, Goals and Dreams for 2009!

Hello Sista's!

Reflecting on 08 and looking forward to 09... I'm curious to know what you have learned in the past year and what are you looking forward to in the next?

I'll go first .... 08 was a good and yet challenging year for us. My DH of 19 years and I got back together after a break and are diligently working on our marriage, our oldest daughter moved out, which has been good and hard at the same time, my health has been very challenging as well as a new job...

I've learned so much... SOME of the things are...to be patient with myself, and to let my daughter live the life she desires and to not be too 'motherly'. To respect her as an adult and trust in her judgement... Also, to appreciate the people in my life that love me, and to not allow toxic people in. To be myself, and to communicate and open up.

For 09, I'm so excited to see where my DH and I go relationally, we are doing great and falling in love all over again. I'm excited to see my career develop and grow, and learn more about the fitness industry. My physical goals are to recover successfully, run a 5k, a 10 mile, a marathon, and do a Olympic distance triathlon. I am very hopeful and thankful for a new year and a new me!!!

o.k. your turn...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2008, 06:48 AM

2008 was a very dramatic year for me. I live on the Texas Gulf Coast and Hurricane Ike really made an impact. We suffered some damage at our home ( still under repair ) and our house on Crystal Beach is just ..... gone. In fact much of the land is too. Now, instead of being the 4th lot back from the beach, we're the 2nd and it's kind of a water filled ditch or pond. Still waiting for final insurance payment - 3 1/2 months later.

On a good note, I also learned that I'm gonna be a grandma in March First one

For 2009, I'd like to get all the hurricane stuff cleared up ( finally ) and make some improvements on our home. After that, I plan to love & enjoy my grandbaby as much as possib;e
Unread 12-31-2008, 10:07 AM

Jean - so sorry about your losses!! Oh, my!!! I wish you the best with the repairs!! And Congrats on your Grandbaby!!! What a fantastic way to bring in the New Year!!

Thanks for replying to this thread, I hope more ladies see it!! I love to hear what everyone is hopeful about in 09!!

The Best to you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2008, 10:33 AM

2008 was a very hard year for me. My husband lost his job for the second time in 13 months (one due to layoffs and the other due to some strange corporate restructuring), our finances were in the pits, I was depressed, I was in frequent and severe pelvic pain, I was not doing well in any aspect of my job, and it was just too much for me at times.

There were some good things that happened, though: my husband found a new job that was a much better fit for him in every respect, I finally accepted that I was experiencing depression and am benefitting from medication to help me cope with everything, we were able to refinance the house, and I made a decision to have a hysterectomy and hopefully end the pelvic pain issues. Everything is feeling better. Amidst all this, our three teenagers continue to be healthy and generally happy people, my husband is much happier than he's been in several years, my surgery went smoothly, and three days before Christmas we got an unexpected check that allowed us to have a much better Christmas than we had expected. We did not suffer from the severe flooding that affected so many others in our area in June, we did not lose any family members this year, and I have been surrounded and supported by friends who truly care about me. I am a blessed woman.

We will begin 2009 full of hope and joy instead of the sadness and worry we felt through most of this year. We are so very grateful for the upward trend in our lives and for the people who have been given to us in all areas of our lives.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register