NEW to the site - Partial Hyst in Dec | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

NEW to the site - Partial Hyst in Dec NEW to the site - Partial Hyst in Dec

Unread 03-05-2004, 06:18 PM
NEW to the site - Partial Hyst in Dec

Hi - I had a partial hyst in december of last year (i have both ovaries). I feel much better because I'm not bleeding all the time, but I'm ready to jump out of my skin! I am not on hormones at the present time, but I'm considering it. I just took a saliva hormone test and i'm lost with the results!! When I tried to look for help on the web, I found this site. i'm hoping someone can help! My estradiol level result was 4.57, with a range of 2.0-5.0. I'm having trouble with the range..it seems low to me compared to what i've seen on this site. My progesterone level is 1.69 with a range of .1 - .5. What does it mean if i'm over this range, and again, not even sure i understand the range! my testosterone is 59.42 with a range of 50-100. If anyone can help me I'd truly appreciate it! jl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2004, 10:01 AM

Jean,
I have a hard time trying in interpret the tests also. If the ranges you posted were what is considered *normal* than I would guess that your estrogen looks to be okay, progesterone a little high and testosterone on the low side. I would suggest that you bring the results into your doctor or talk with a compounding pharmacist.

Does the test say what the range means? Most of the tests I've seen will have different ranges and than will give explanations for the different ranges.

Keep in mind that tests should be used as a tool to go along with any symptoms you are having. You may fall in a certain range with your results, but that doesn't mean that it's normal for you. We are all different and there really isn't one set range where we will all feel the same.

Good luck Jean! I hope you can find some answers soon.
Unread 03-06-2004, 10:12 AM

THANK YOU for responding Kim!! The report says nothing about the ranges used...I probably should contact them directly....I've been searching for a doctor today, and also sent e-mails to 2 compounding pharmacies (its amazing how i'm picking up the lingo already!!) to get their opinion...and to also see if there are doctors in the area...my GYN told me he'd see me in a year after my 6 week check (he also told me my libido would get BETTER - LOL )- so i'm not going back to him. I talked to many women before my surgery who say they feel GREAT - so i wasn't prepared to feel this awful...thanks for your time and this website is great...i've been on it all day gathering information....jean

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register