Ablation 1 year ago and problems since! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ablation 1 year ago and problems since! Ablation 1 year ago and problems since!

Unread 02-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Re: Ablation 1 year ago and problems since!

I've heard 3-6 months to feel good again, and I am believing it finally ... Hard to slow your life down that long, but necessary. I am not one to push too hard too fast. I am afraid of permanent damage, so will take it slow and easy as required!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 09:13 AM

I am sorry all you ladies have had such problems since your ablation.

I was much more fortunate. I had been having increasingly heavy periods for years, but hoped they would stop once I got through the menopause.
I was diagnosed with fibroids and had an ablation. My uterous was at the maximum size this procedure could be used for, and unfortunately I was in the 98% of women for whom it does not work.

The gaps between the periods increased, but I still had major flooding issues. The fibroids continued to grow. That is why I opted for a hysterectomy.

Where I was fortunate is that, in all this time I never have suffered the pain that you poor ladies seem to be going through.
My heart goes out to you, and I hope you will all come through this and be well.
Unread 02-15-2012, 09:19 AM

THANK YOU THANK YOU, ladies!! I thought I was going crazy! I'm so glad you all shared your experiences with me. This gives me so much to think about before my appointment March1st. Based on what most of you have said, a hyster sounds like the best way to go. With the pain increasing every month (and causing me to use up my sick time and stay curled in bed with my best friend Mr. Heating Pad) I don't think I can keep doing this! I'm definitely going to talk to my ob/gyn and see if a partial hysterectomy might not be a bad option....plus my hubby will be happy once the devil mood swings stop again!
Unread 02-16-2012, 07:12 AM

Looking forward to how I will feel at 8 weeks! I feel about half normal ... And I am 4 weeks.
Unread 02-19-2012, 03:25 PM

I had a Novosure Ablation in Sept 2009. In Dec 2010, I started having cramping which became more intense and more frequent over the next year. I did get a short break in May when my doctor "drained" all the built up blood in the office, but the relief was short lived. By November, it was unbearable and pretty much constant. I was spending over half of each day curled in the fetal position with heating pads to my lower back, lower abdomen, thighs. Pain medication didn't touch the pain. I had my hysterectomy in Dec and it was honestly the best decision I ever made. I'm so thankful that all that is behind me and that I have my life back!!

For those of you struggling with this right now, I am so sorry. I pray that relief comes soon and that everything goes well for you.
Unread 02-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Ablation 1 year ago and problems since!

I had fibroids which I named the Jones's (hehehe) that caused heavy bleeding. My Doc suggested an ablation so I had a hydrothermal done in June last year. Appearantly it offended the Jones's because the bleeding and cramping got worse.

I had decided after talking to my doctor that hysterectomy was my only option. Please consider that if you choose that path that you will have a long recovery. I've had other surgeries and bounced back quickly but I'm on week 3 and still hardly any energy.

The positive side: Yes I have discomfort stemming from surgery but I don't have the other symptoms I used to have.
Unread 02-19-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie74 View Post
I had fibroids which I named the Jones's (hehehe) that caused heavy bleeding. My Doc suggested an ablation so I had a hydrothermal done in June last year. Appearantly it offended the Jones's because the bleeding and cramping got worse.

I had decided after talking to my doctor that hysterectomy was my only option. Please consider that if you choose that path that you will have a long recovery. I've had other surgeries and bounced back quickly but I'm on week 3 and still hardly any energy.

The positive side: Yes I have discomfort stemming from surgery but I don't have the other symptoms I used to have.
i am 3 months post and the difference in how i feel now and 3 weeks is amazing!i hope you a most speedy recovery.but you are right it is a long recovery.
Unread 02-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Ablation 1 year ago and problems since!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinatas View Post
i am 3 months post and the difference in how i feel now and 3 weeks is amazing!i hope you a most speedy recovery.but you are right it is a long recovery.

I know I'd be in for a long recovery but I keep thinking that a 3 to 6 month recovery period to be rid of the intense pain every month would be worth it. I just wish my appointment was sooner. This waiting until then to talk to my Dr abouit is awful. Come on March 1st.
Unread 02-19-2012, 06:54 PM

yeah its worth it if you thinking like that.to not hurt all the time is just amazing.my ovulation is still killing me for 3 days a month BUT the whole month pain is gone.my ovulation never hurt me before surgery...
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:09 PM

I just had ultrasounds today and the fibroid is still there. The tech said it wouldn't have been affected by the ablasion becuase it is in the wall of my uterus. I also have a small cyst on my left ovary. Now i get to schedule an appt with the ob/gyn to discuss this. I'm thinking she'll probably put me on the lupron shots for a while. Any of you ladies have these shots and did they stop the pain?

It's just weird to me because the pain starts in the back and radiates around to the front. I just don't see how this could be fibroid related as I never had this pain before the ablation! It's weird! I'm just so ready for all this to stop. I feel like the doctor looks at me like I'm crazy!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register