Trying to decide what to do | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trying to decide what to do Trying to decide what to do

Unread 09-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Trying to decide what to do

My dr has told me I have so many fibroids that she cant count them all. I saw the ultra sound and yes there are a lot. In april she gave me the depo shot to stop my periods so the fibroids cant grow. It worked for the first shot. My second shot was in July and I was bleeding so heavy that she put me on BC the end of Aug to stop the bleeding. That worked I did stop. Now I have lots of pressure and almost like a tugging feeling. The doctor has suggested a partial hyster. my ovaries are fine. My last pap came back as she put it very slightly abnormal. Now she wants to do a leap test. I am confused. I have to go back on the 25th of sept for another shot. I dont want the shot.
I am 47 i already have 3 kids. Had my tubes tied years ago. and I have the nasty habit of smoking. I should not be on bc. scares me to death. I am very petite. 5'1" and I have put on about 15 pounds from the depo shot. On other forums I keep reading about how much weight people put on after a hysterctomy even partials. Is this really a concern. If so I would rather go off the shot and work out like crazy and loose the weight before. My doctor isnt really that great about answering questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Re: Trying to decide what to do

Mine feels like it is twisting (picture a towel being wrung to get water out) and stabbing feeling. Are you eating well? Or are you stress eating? I plan on drinking green smoothies and eating super good when I get out of surgery. I already eat vegan. But I'll see. I'm hoping for me to not gain too much weight. I already have enough of that from a bummer thyroid. Hang in there!
Unread 09-12-2012, 01:58 PM

I eat healthy and just got back into working out hard. I love lifting weights. I would like to know if others have gained weight or no. I know several people that have had hysterectomys and some have gain tons of weight and others havent. My mom and sister are both obese. I have always been small. After 3 kids and having my tubes tied I was still wearing a size 3. After the depo shot I am now a size 5 and dont want to go any higher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2012, 02:16 PM

I have gained a few pounds - mainly because having two surgeries in quick succession (as was my case) doesn't do much for your energy level and exercise tires me out easily. I'm certainly not obese by any means and think I should be able to lose my extra weight once I feel up to exercising more again. Just continue to eat healthily and I imagine you'll be ok!
Unread 09-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Re: Pelvic Congestion Syndrome

My doctor has recommended a Myomectomy, and a leep proceedure. then she said nope hysterectomy. I said I am gonna go have a second opinion. I faxed her office a letter asking my files get sent to a doctor I chose. Next day I get a letter saying she can no longer provide me with service because I chose a doctor that she did not recommend. I thought that was the point of a second opinion. Today is my appt and I find out that they did not fax my records over. I called her office and now they cant find my file. HMMMMM
Unread 09-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Re: Pelvic Congestion Syndrome

That doesn't sound good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register