Crazy Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Crazy Question Crazy Question

Unread 04-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Crazy Question

This may be a crazy question, but I'm going to ask anyway.

I have an enlarged uterus, but the Dr didn't say anything about fibroids this time. I've been tested for them before and he said I did not have them, but my uterus is still large. I'm finding out that the large uterus could be part of my low back pain, but will it cause and awlful pain in my tailbone? Especially when I sit for a while.

I'm noticing when my back, lower stomach aches more so does my tailbone. I work at a desk, so of course I sit most of the day and that doesn't do miracles for me either!

Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has this problem. It REALLY hurts when I try to stand up.

Ahh, I can't wait til this is all over. My Dr wanted to do my surgery this month, but my work wanted me to wait through out busy time. So the end of May is me! I just want to be done with all of this. I hurt sooooo bad, and my dh doesn't understand at all!

Okay, I'll stop or I'll get into a looooong vent section!

Thanks ladies, you all are wonderful!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Crazy Question

Its not a crazy question at all. I to have extreme back pains. This is how everything started. I went to the dr's for pain in my lower back and they sent me for a cat scan and that is when they found a tumor on my ovary. I am scheduled for an internal sonogram tommorow to see if its attached itself to anything else. So I am not sure if that is exactly whats causing the back pains but the dr will know when he goes in and takes a look around. He has already removed one ovary and tube due to a tumor on that and now the other one has the same thing. This time its a total Hyst.
So good luck and let me know if that is what was causing your back pain.... (getting out of bed in the morning was a killer... practically had to roll off the bed onto my knees on the floor to get up) Good luck!!!!
Unread 04-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Crazy Question

Oh definately! I have that feeling too, though I don't sit at a desk, and I asked my sister (She is 6 mos post op hyster, she had a *very* enlarged U) and she says all that pain and pressure on her loeer abdomen, tail bone and lower back were gone immediately. Also her baldder leaking and constipation are relieved too. I'm hoping for the same!
Puppet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Crazy Question

I have this too, low back and sacral pain, and radiating into right hip and into thigh. It feels like gnawing rodents and keeps me up at night. The gyn says to see an orthopod, that this cant be related to my gyn condition, but I'm thinking (1) let's just go through one thing at a time and (2) an orange, a pineapple, endo, and an ovarian cyst HAVE to be taking up some room in there, and crowding something out and (3) just getting some energy back will allow me to go back to working out, and strong tummy = healthier back.

I can't see how the back wouldn't be affected by what's in the abdomen. If it still hurts after the TAH, I'll go from there.

Just my
akita
Unread 04-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Crazy Question

I was living with a constant lower backache. I'd had it so long I didn't really think much of it--thought I was just getting old (just turned 40). After the surgery, the doctor told my family that I had a huge endometrioma (10 cm) that was pressing on my right kidney, and my uterus was enlarged and tilted backwards so that it was laying on the bowel and tailbone. Both were causing back pain and he commented that I must have a really high pain tolerance. I am amazed at how much better I feel since the surgery--no pain--I am a new woman!
Unread 04-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Crazy Question

yipee! that's what i'm hoping for!
akita
Unread 04-06-2004, 06:23 AM
Crazy Question

Nancyaw -
Thank you ...... I am hoping to feel like a new woman too....
the last week I have started feeling like I have no energy what so ever and I am uncomfortable most of the time.
I am pleased to say that I am not in any great pain - just uncomfortable....

and as Akita says - that huge growth in my abdomen must be pushing other important organs and things out of the way & looking forward to having a good work out in the gym -

Big hugs XX
Sue x
Unread 04-06-2004, 06:36 AM
Crazy Question

Ladies
thank you thank you thank you!!!!

I've found the answers to my biggest question!
All I want to know is that I will get some relief from this constant nagging pain in my back once my hyster is over.

I thought I was the only one who had trouble getting out of bed in the morning!!!! The pain seems to be worst in the morning.

Could the pain be due to the fact that my pelvic organs (bowel, uterus, pelvic wall) are all fused together by adhesions??? I too thought the back pain was due to getting "older" or from an old injury. Now that I know I'm full of endo, adeno, and adhesions, I feel justified in my back hurting.

i'm so glad you asked this question, and am thankful for all the answers!

Looking forward to pain free days, and exercising again!!!!

Tam
Unread 04-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Thanks!

Thanks ladies! You just made me more anxious to get this over with.

I too just thought maybe its old age, but I'm 29.

I know my last, no maybe it was the next to last lap that I had, anyway one ovary had attached itself to my uterus and was causing me problems. Who knows, there's no telling what has attached itself to what in there!

I keep trying to remember that its almost all over. I hope to feel like a new woman too! I can't wait!!

Thanks again!
Unread 04-06-2004, 09:08 AM
Re: Crazy Question

Hi Angel I can sympathize with you and all of the other ladies that posted messages here about severe back pain etc... I had a very enlarged, tilted, prolapsed uterus. I didn't notice anything unusual except I looked to be about 4 month's pregnant and my periods was hellacious. When autumn arrived (2003) so did my pain. I suffered horrorable lower back, tailbone, lower abdominal, and upper thigh pain. The pain was similiar to the middle stage of labor. I do alot of computer art graphics and setting for long periods of time only seemed to increase the intensity of the pain. As the days passed one by one the pain got worse and worse. I was almost completely bedridden before my surgery and if I had to walk I was usually doubled over. I had my TVH on 1-19-04 when I woke up in recovery my surgery pain was very minimal...felt more like a soreness and on a scale of 1 to 10 it might have been a 2 if that!!!! My post op pain was nothing compared to the awful pain I had experienced before. I noticed immediantly that my lower back, tailbone, lower abdominal, and upper thigh pain was gone FOREVER!!!! A DEFINANTE + PLUS!!!! My Best Wishes to you on an uneventual surgery, speedy recovery, and healthier life.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register