My castle catastrophe - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My castle catastrophe My castle catastrophe

Unread 02-14-2006, 07:18 PM
My castle catastrophe

Boop,

Hang in there and let the peace of the Lord Jesus comfort you! I'm serious, I know it's tough, but keep your mind on Him, and just keep confessing - "This too shall pass." My prayers are with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2006, 07:23 PM
My castle catastrophe

I am sorry that You had such a bad day. Take comfort in the fact that It would have been worse if you had to stay on a ventilator because You couldn't breath. It is so frustrating when doctors don't listen. I would take those x rays to the dr and give him...
You think he would know that You were haviing surgery and would have listened a little closer. I hope You get a new date soon I hope You feel better
Good luck , God bless I will pray for You
Celticd
Unread 02-14-2006, 07:26 PM
My castle catastrophe

Hi boop its celtic d again. How come they didnt keep You and give You IV fluids Being that You fasted all night?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2006, 08:22 PM
My castle catastrophe

Celtic d I'm not sure I understand the question. They gave me a gram of some kind of antibiotic in my IV because they thought they were doing the surgery. The pneumonia was considered "walking" which I'm not totally sure what that means but he said someone older or very young or a person that isn't as healthy wouldn't be able to tolerate it as well. But they didn't think I needed to be hospitalized for it, just need to be on antibiotics for awhile.
Thank you to all of you for your prayers and well wishes! I appreciate each and every one of you!
Betty
Unread 02-14-2006, 09:28 PM
My castle catastrophe

Did they take some kind of culture from you to determine if it was a viral or bacterial pneumonia? I think if it's viral, antibiotics would not help, but they may just start the antibiotics on the assumption that it's bacterial. So sorry to hear you have to wait, all you can do now is try to find some patience. Good luck to you.
Unread 02-14-2006, 09:28 PM
My castle catastrophe

Boop, I feel so bad for you. Sometimes I think doctors just forget how to listen to their patients. I am also sending many hugs and prayers your way. Rest up and drink plenty of fluids so your body can heal and be healthy for the trip to the castle. Keep your chin up Boop. This will be a fading memory soon enough.
s
Lynn
Unread 02-15-2006, 06:10 AM
My castle catastrophe

Betty,
So sorry to hear what you had to go through. Hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs
Marie 10
Unread 02-15-2006, 06:22 AM
sending you a (((HUG)))

Oh Boop I`m so sorry you had to go through all that but on the bright side , at least u didn`t find out you had pnumonia after and have complications from surgery AND that.......it would have been SOOOOOOO hard on your body to try to recover from both..............maybe this is a blessing in disguise I hope everything is smooth sailing for u from here on in!!!!
Unread 02-15-2006, 06:29 AM
My castle catastrophe

((( Betty ))), I'm sorry that you've been through so much
Now, get lots of rest and take really good care of yourself. You may not feel that way right now, but I think that it's good that your surgery has been psotponed until you can get well. I can only imagine how difficult recovery would be with you soooo ill.

I'm sending gentle hugs and lots of prayers your way.

S
Unread 02-15-2006, 06:38 AM
My castle catastrophe

Hi Betty, so sorry about what you had to go through yesterday and am mad at your Dr. for not listening to you. Make sure you are on bed rest, pneumonia is serious (been there before). Take care. Hugs......Frenchie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register