emotions out of control | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

emotions out of control emotions out of control

Unread 12-30-2007, 04:35 PM
emotions out of control

As my surgery dates gets closer, scheduled for the 18th.I am finding myself becoming more depressed and emotional. I thought I had come to terms with the fact I am having a TAH w/ BSO at the age of 34 with only having one child, but I guess not. All my husband and friends keep saying is you will feel so much better after this over..Night time is the worst all I do is toss and turn and worry.....
Wondering if anyone else is going through the same emotional roll a coaster......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2007, 04:54 PM
emotions out of control

Tina...YES YES YES. I'll be 32 in March and have 3 kids ages 14-4 and find myself getting more and more depressed also. I think a combination of the ailments are getting to me, the lack of sleep (We even bought a new bed so I can be more comfortable..got it yesterday YIPPEE) and the finality of it all is sometime too much to bear. We kind of decided that three was going to be it but some part of me always thought there might be a one in a million chance for #4, now that will not be the case.

Today we went to a family birthday party for my 2yo niece and two of my cousins are expecting babies. I really thought it would not bother me but it made a small part of me sad. I have no doubt that this surgery is what I need I just wish I didn't if you know what I mean.

Good luck and keep posting.
Unread 12-31-2007, 06:34 AM
emotions out of control

You sound mormal to me too. I was 54 at the time of my tah/bso and well pass having more children and still had emotions that flip flopped all over the place. I think a good bit of it is because of the unknowns involved. The "what if's " we think of can really be scary sometimes.

You might like to visit the Aching Hearts forum - it helps deal with the grief and loss involved with having this surgery.You can find it here:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Best wishes.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2007, 09:57 PM
emotions out of control

Sounds normal to me, it is a big deal and a lot to deal with. i only got to have one child and had my surgery in my 20's which was hard but keep a list of all the good things that will come out of the surgery and put it on your fridge and read it every night to help . stay busy helps too
hugs
lisa
Unread 01-14-2008, 04:27 PM
emotions out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina0525
As my surgery dates gets closer, scheduled for the 18th.I am finding myself becoming more depressed and emotional. I thought I had come to terms with the fact I am having a TAH w/ BSO at the age of 34 with only having one child, but I guess not. All my husband and friends keep saying is you will feel so much better after this over..Night time is the worst all I do is toss and turn and worry.....
Wondering if anyone else is going through the same emotional roll a coaster......

I am right there with you. My Boyfriend says the exact same thing....over and over and over. It's not helping. I do appreciate him trying but I feel like I am on an emotional rollercoaster right now. Not sleeping well either and stomach in knots.

Let me know how everything is going for you. I will be thinking about you and sending happy thoughts your way
Unread 01-14-2008, 04:39 PM
emotions out of control

I am only 30 and had my TAH on 01-08-08. I look at it this way. Thay found my tumor be mistake, maybe its gods way of saving my life later on it could have been cancer. so now i will be here to spend time with my 2 boys, hubby and step-grand kids.My sister is not able to have children she addopted a little boy and they have the best family life.He needed a mother and she needed him.
Unread 01-14-2008, 04:42 PM
emotions out of control

I thought I was going to have a panic attack the day of though. Just keep repeating a uterus does not make the women. You are a beautiful inteligent women.
Unread 01-14-2008, 04:45 PM
emotions out of control

Hi Tina

I think everyone has gone through this while waiting. It's a common thread we all share. Whether or not having a child is part of the grieving process, it's still the loss of a part of you, and we can all relate. Even though that part is causing more trouble than good, it's the idea that we're being betrayed by our bodies, that we're losing control for a little while, and something is being taken away.

In the end we hope the outcome is for the good. People who haven't walked in your shoes will say things like "you'll feel so much better after this is over" because that's what they wish for you. They can't identify with the feelings you're having and not even knowing where those feelings are coming from. What you're feeling is perfectly ok.

If it gets to be a real problem, try some Tylenol PM. If that doesn't work, ask your doctor for something to help with the anxiety. The more tired you are, the more emotional you will feel.

Soon it will be behind you and you'll be able to focus on concrete things instead of the unknown. That alone helps. I'm praying for you, and wishing you peace while you wait.

Hang in there.

Big s to you!
Unread 01-14-2008, 04:53 PM
emotions out of control

Tina,

I'm almost 50 and never had kids (not by choice) and thought I had made piece with this. I'm a week away from my surgery and 2 days ago I started falling apart. I'm easily choked up and crying a lot. On top of that, my mom is sick (and self absorbed) and I'm having trouble having this be my time to focus on me. I think I really down played how big a deal it is. I just signed up to this web site this morning (3 am when I couldn't sleep) and I'm realizing I'm not crazy thinking it is a big deal and feeling overwhelmed and scared.

Hang in there. Good luck!
Unread 01-14-2008, 05:16 PM
emotions out of control

I thought I was doing well but guess what my surgery id Friday and I have started to loose it and I have not thought of more children for a loooong time So I called my DR and had a prescription fo xanax waiting so now I can sleep the next three nights without thinking and hopefully the panic attacks will hold off as I cant take the xanax in the day time as I drive for a living this I think is something we all are going through or will I was calm cool and collected till today. Thought I was handleing major surgery with great ease boy did the emotional stuff come on and wake me up on top of that it is time for the monthly PMS so I am sure that has something to do with it also

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register