Finally Scheduled!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally Scheduled!!! Finally Scheduled!!!

Unread 08-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Finally Scheduled!!!

Well my TAVH LSO is scheduled for Sept 11th. I wasn't nervous at all until I actually got the date. It's a lot sooner than I thought!!!

My pre-op is Sept 4th. Until then I am not sure if I will have to do a bowel prep or anything. I do know my surgery is not until 1:15 pm, it is going to stink to wait that long without eating!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Finally Scheduled!!!

Congrats on your surgery date! I have mine scheduled for Sept 26th. My preop is on Sept 16th. Having my surgery actually on the schedule was a big relief to me. Make sure to make a list of questions to ask your DR on your preop appt. I have one started. I know I will have to do the bowel prep, but I have had them before and am not concerned about that. Sometimes when you have surgery later in the afternoon, they don't make you start nothing by mouth at midnight, but maybe at 6 am instead. Ask your doctor abut that.
Unread 08-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Finally Scheduled!!!

I hope so. I am really nervous and my hubby will not be able to be there before or during the surgery. He will get off work at 3:30 and come to the hospital. He doesn't have enough vacation to take to be with me more than a day, so he is going to be off the next day. I have to take my dad and I really want my hubby there. Will the doc give me something to help with nerves?

I am terrified of being put to sleep and hate that breathing tube. I always wake up when they take it out.

Does anyone have trouble with pain meds? They work for me, but they keep me awake. I cannot sleep when I take them. Will the doc help with that?

Sorry to ask so many questions! Thank you in advance for your answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2008, 06:03 AM
Finally Scheduled!!!

Once when I had a surgery scheduled for the afternoon, I was allowed a small breakfast, as long as it was at least 8 hours prior to the surgery. Do ask your dr about it

I get nervous too, and am usually given something to calm my nerves ahead of time.

I hvae problems with some pain meds and the dr is always willing to work with me about that. I'm sure that your's will be too.

I have found that if I make a list of my questions and take it with me to pre-op visits, I don't forget any.

Best wishes.

S
Unread 08-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Finally Scheduled!!!

I'm so happy they got you on the schedule! It made it easier for me to wait knowing I had a date for surgery and pre-op. The waiting is still driving me nuts, though!!!!

I'm scared of anesthesia, too. I've had some really nasty reactions to the anesthesia before, and I am talking to my doctor about doing a spinal and sedation with surgery. I'm having a TAH/BSO. I don't know if they can do a spinal with a LAVH, but you could ask. That way you aren't so groggy when you wake up and usually they don't put a tube down your throat. They just give you meds to relax you.

THey have always given me Versed before surgery to help relax me. A lot of people don't even remember past that point, but I usually have some memories of going into the operating room.

Pain meds also keep me awake. Where a lot of people lay down and pass out, I am up buzzing around like crazy. When I had surgery for an ectopic pregnancy, I was brought out of surgery and my hubby was told I would probably sleep the rest of the day. I was up and could not sleep the whole time I was there. They ended up giving me something to help me sleep, but I don't remember what it was. I know they can work with different pain meds, too, to hopefully find one that won't keep you awake.

Congrats on getting a date set! I'm going on 9/15. I am SOOO ready to do it! The time so far is passing quickly. I have a feeling that my last week will crawl by, though.
Unread 08-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Finally Scheduled!!!

I feel your pain of waiting... I want this to be over with! "Aunt Flo" came for her worst visit ever this week! I guess I'm going out with a bang. I go for my pre-op clearance with my primary care DR tomorrow, I'm hoping everything will check out fine. I'm a little worried about my heart rate, I tend to run on the fast side anyway, and now with stress (hubby has been unemployed for 2 months now) and busy getting ready for surgery, I'm hoping they don't say it is too high.

I get very sick with anesthesia, wake up puking. This last time, I told them before hand and Dr. Feelgood gave me some magic potion and I wasn't sick at all. I'm going to ask him to look in my medical records and do the same thing for this one. Good luck my sistahs!
Unread 08-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Finally Scheduled!!!

Well get this!!! I stood up today and got this really bad pain above my belly button and went to the doc and I have a hernia!!!! So now that doc wants to do surgery and I have my hyst in two weeks!!!! What do I do?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register