Nausea during bowel prep?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nausea during bowel prep?? Nausea during bowel prep??

Unread 08-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Nausea during bowel prep??

I just finished my two laxatives and full bottle of magnesium citrate. Rather than feeling like I am cleaning my bowels, I feel very much like I could throw up at any moment. Is this normal? And since I'm on a liquid diet I can't eat anything to subside my stomach. This is terrible. I'll be so glad when this is over tomorrow....and I am not looking forward to the enema before bed either!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2011, 11:43 AM
Re: Nausea during bowel prep??

I also got nauseated with the MC. It took awhile for my stomach to settle and a little jello helped. Once I started going to the bathroom I didn't feel like eating anyway and just kept drinking water (which seemed to come out shortly thereafter!), but the nausea eased. Hopefully your nausea will subside after a bit and maybe you can get some broth or jello down. Good luck today and in your surgery!
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:11 PM

I am feeling the same way!!! I was told to drink 2 bottles of the magnesium citrate one at noon and one at 6... I seriously doubt I can drink another bottle I barely got the first one down ... Sipping on tea has helped with the sick to my tummy feeling! I'm hoping I don't have to do an enema! Good luck on your surgery tomorrow I will be going thru mine tomorrow as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Nausea during bowel prep??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summie1013 View Post
I am feeling the same way!!! I was told to drink 2 bottles of the magnesium citrate one at noon and one at 6... I seriously doubt I can drink another bottle I barely got the first one down ... Sipping on tea has helped with the sick to my tummy feeling! I'm hoping I don't have to do an enema! Good luck on your surgery tomorrow I will be going thru mine tomorrow as well!
Ill be praying for you tomorrow. Sprite has settled my tummy a little.
I must admit im a little jealous, the enema isn't optional for me. That's my bedtime party. I will see you on the other side.
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:42 PM

Heather & Summie I will say a prayer for your surgeries tomorrow. I was felt the same way too the day prior. Popsicles helped me; things did improved later in the day. Hang in there!
Unread 08-22-2011, 01:55 PM

Ahh ladies...I felt the same way! I was in tears when my husband came home the evening before my surgery. Chicken broth helped my tummy settle and the warmth of it made me feel better all over. Good luck tomorrow, you will be in my prayers!
Unread 08-22-2011, 02:22 PM

Heather, I only had to drinnk one bottle and I am nauseated so I cant imagine 2 bottles. I agree with calnative, jello has helped ease it some. I was surprised that it did not taste as bad as I was expecting. My tummy is gurggling ALOT, but not much action. Good luck on your surgery, I have mine tomorrow as well.
Unread 08-22-2011, 03:48 PM

Good luck tomorrow! I start my bowel prep Wednesday. Have to do the Mag Citrate at 6 pm Wednesday, then liquid diet Thursday and 8 servings of Miralax Thursday at 6 pm. I was worried about nausea during the bowel prep...I get nauseous pretty easily these days...fantastic...I have been anxious about the liquid diet and being too hungry, but, I'm thinking I'll feel too crappy (no pun intended) to care!
Unread 08-22-2011, 04:29 PM

Heather~ oh I do feel for ya! The whole prep thing is the pits!!! And I'm glad your feeling a Lil better!!!
Aeol2005~ thank you so much for the support and prayers! Popsicles sound yummy!!!
Soccerlove13~ I am with you I don't think I could down 2 bottles I hope everything goes well with your surgery too!!!
Constanz2~ good luck with your surgery!!! I hope everything is good for you too and you don't feel to crappy either!
To all the ladies going through this... Is yalls back side a little on the tender side? What has helped? My friend told me about DrSmiths butt paste! Anyone else know any tricks to ease the pain and tenderness?
Unread 08-22-2011, 04:33 PM

Summie~ I haven't started my bowel prep, but I did read on another thread that it is helpful to put vaseline around the anal area before you start the prep, and also to use wet wipes or baby wipes, not TP. I actually have some Desitin (diaper rash ointment) put aside in case I need it, as well as some Prep H wipes! Hope they help! Best wishes to you for your surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register