Weird feeling down there! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weird feeling down there! Weird feeling down there!

Unread 03-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Re: Weird feeling down there!

I had fibroids. But I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have heavy bleeding. I actually haven't had a flow for almost 3 years..... and I'm only 38yrs old. I even got tested to see if I was going through menopause, turned out I wasn't. Before my surgery I had extreme pain and pressure in my pelvic region along with lower back pain and the shooting nerve pain in the vaginal area and in my upper thighs. But all that is gone other than swelly belly and a little bit of tenderness.

I wish everyone's recovery is as smooth as mine, based on my recovery so far that is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi48 View Post
My TAH is April 8th. I've got fibroids, 6 month size uterous and suspicuois growth on one ovary. I have lots of bleeding, clots, pressure and pain. Newest symptom is a slight vibration or buzzing type feeling in my vaginal area. It's insane! Has anyone experiemced this crazy symptom?
Definitely check with your doctor on that one and quickly!!!!!
Unread 03-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Weird feeling down there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug21 View Post
I had fibroids. But I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have heavy bleeding. I actually haven't had a flow for almost 3 years..... and I'm only 38yrs old. I even got tested to see if I was going through menopause, turned out I wasn't. Before my surgery I had extreme pain and pressure in my pelvic region along with lower back pain and the shooting nerve pain in the vaginal area and in my upper thighs. But all that is gone other than swelly belly and a little bit of tenderness.

I wish everyone's recovery is as smooth as mine, based on my recovery so far that is!
Oh okay. I too have fibroids along with the pelvic pain, pressure, bloating, shooting pains, headaches, bleeding, etc., etc., etc. I am having my period right now and though, I'm emotional about losing my uterus, there's a huge part of me that is looking forward to the RELIEF this surgery will bring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2013, 08:36 AM

Me too! I had that same buzzing/vibration type sound over the last two years since my ablation in Dec 2010. Glad to know it wasn't all in my head and you had the same experience. 24 hours ago I had a LAVH where they removed one grapefruit size fibroid outside and on top of my uterus that was smashed against my bladder. 3 more orange size fibroids within my uterus were also removed. Stayed overnight in the hospital And I am doing great!
Unread 03-21-2013, 09:46 AM

I have been having the same issues, also sharp shooting pains down my right leg, and when stretching it feels like something is tearing around my ovarys, but he said my uterus was big and us putting pressure on styff! my surgery is April 15.
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:59 PM

Funny you said this. I have had weird buzzing feeling for a long time and in the past 12 days (since surgery) I haven't had that feeling. Wonder if it was the fibroids? interesting theory.
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:04 PM

Yes that's what I'm thinking. Perhaps pressing on nerves or something. Glad to hear it stopped after surgery. How are you feeling otherwise ?
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkrtr View Post
I total know what you mean! I have been experiencing it a lot over the past few weeks. It is mostly after sex or sometimes after a bowel movement as I have a rectocele along with the uterus and bladder prolapse. It is not total but I thing enough to cause the pressure which gives that weird sensation! Sorry but glad to hear I'm not the only one! I am soooooo looking forward to my surgery date and really hope things feel 'normal' down there after
You are not alone!! I have that feeling as well. They told me it was a cyst pressing in nerves that caused it. Hopefully after surgery we will all feel normal again. Good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register