Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 11-Apr 17,2011 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 11-Apr 17,2011 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 11-Apr 17,2011

Unread 04-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 11-Apr 17,2011

Hi ladies,
I had my TAH surgery on April, 11. It took 3 x longer than expected because my fibroid was so huge ( I was told it was the size of a rugby ball) that it was compressing against other organs. Due to this my cervix had to be removed but my ovaries were left intact so I won't be going through an early menopause. It may sound weird but I woke up feeling great - the fibroid must have been draining me of energy for years. I only used the PCA morphine pump minimally before being given dihydrocodeine and paracetamol for pain relief. The catheter and blood drain came out the day after my operation and I was up walking and showering by myself on the same day. Everyone was so impressed by my recovery that I was allowed home thursday morning after initially being told Friday, or Saturday, because of my large/deep abdominal incision. I have no Post Op bleeding as of yet and am only taking paracetamol for any pain. Bladder function improved immediately and even though I am drinking copious amounts of water, the urge to frequent the toilet every 15 mins has gone. Yay! Bowel movements and appetite are both fine. Honestly, I feel like a completely different woman. I can't wait to be able to resume exercise but for now I am intending to rest as much as possible to aid a speedy recovery. Best of luck to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2011, 08:26 PM

ok so I have a question...when I awoke from lavh surgery on monday I had ALOT of pain on my left side..this pain was awful and only on the left side...doctor didn't understand why I had so much pain there... so since tuesday the pain is in the same spot but in the back also...i don't understand...my bf says that i'm probably constipated but i have felt the pain in the front since surgery and the pain in the same spot but in the back since tuesday when i wasn't constipated...i have 2 little incisions one on the left near this deep pain and one on the right and my belly button...are there any of you that has this same pain? just worried that maybe something was nicked in there if i don't feel better by monday then i am going to call the doctor!!!
Unread 04-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 11-Apr 17,2011

Thank you for the tips.. Just tried going again, no luck. I'm going to keep drinking more water! When I read the reply, it helped to know I'm not the only one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2011, 10:23 AM

Well I just got home from the castle. Had to stay an extra day because I was super sick. Not in a terriable amount of pain but super tired. Will post more later.
Unread 04-16-2011, 12:04 PM

MickiC,
My doctor said not to worry unless I hadn't had a BM on the 4th day post-op. You're still safe. Just keep the fiber foods in large supply and try that Smooth Move tea - it's pretty yummy. apples are loaded with fiber too! rest, take care and keep us posted.

truckerswifey- just rest. it's the best thing for you now. *hugs*

tchalbeck - I think we just need to remember we just had major surgery. I had a similar pain deep inside just to the right of my belly button. it's gone today, but I'm sure that's b/c the Percaset is working. Don't be a hero and do too much. rest. who cares what anyone else thinks... it's our bodies not theirs, right?
Unread 04-16-2011, 05:16 PM

I had my LAVH on Tuesday 4-12-11. I had the complete removal of my uterus, tubes and ovaries along with the grapefruit sized cyst in my right ovary. I had little to no complications from the actual surgery, but now I have extreme bruising across my abdomen. I am not in a lot of pain, but in discomfort from the swelly belly. I can say that overall I feel 100% better.
Unread 04-16-2011, 07:40 PM

Hi. I had my surgery on 4/14/2011. I had my uterus removed along with a fibroid as big as a grapefruit. My ovaries looked good so they were saved. I had to have it done abdominally so I have about a 4 in horizontal incision that is very low. My doctor said everything went well. I waited all day today to be discharged. I was supposed to be discharged in the morning but I think the doctor filling in for my doctor forgot about me. After stating that I may not have a ride home the nurse finally made a call to my doctor and she discharged me right away. I'll know better next time to speak up sooner. My biggest problem right now is the gas and swelling. The pain isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was also told not to drive for 4 weeks- that is going to be hard to do.
Unread 04-16-2011, 08:20 PM

It is three days post-op from my RALH (leaving ovaries). My surgery lasted one hour and went well. (Other than my doctor calling 30 minutes before surgery telling me she was very ill..so her office partner did it..made my BP raise a little) I was in recovery 2 hours. I had a hard time waking up...the figured with three young children at home I needed the sleep...lol. Went to my room and for the first time ever after surgery I did not vomit. The anesth....wins an award for that alone :-) I had some minor pain well actually it was like bad menstrual cramps...much like what I was used to having before. The gave my clear liquid diet right after surgery and it was awful...I was on clear liquid diet with bowel cleanse day b4 surgery so I wanted real food...lol. Ate what I needed too then they brought me a sandwich..,,,I was so excited but it did not taste good either :-) I had wonderful nurses. It was a day for the college nursing students so I almost cracked up at how they were begging to give me my drugs and take out my cath. The took out my cath. and told me it would take awhile for me to be able to pee....not so I took care of it in about 45 minutes :-) I slept good other than the being woke up for blood to be taken. I woke up in the am saw my doc at 7:30. Said everything looked great and asked if I wanted to go home. I said YES. I was gone my 8:30. Fastes ever.
At home things have been going well. I have some cramping from gas that has not been moving very well. I also have back pain but I think that was from hospital bed. Day three was prob. my worst but I am just tired and the stitches are driving me crazy just bc they are there and I can see them...lol.
I need out of the house tomorrow!! So I am planning a small trip to the grocery store...wohoo. I never thought I would be excited about this :-)
Unread 04-16-2011, 08:28 PM

Hello everyone, well I went in on 4/14 for a TVH and came out with a TAH Dr. said my uterus was weird shaped and too large to do it Vaginally. I came home yesterday evening (4/15) I was supposed to come home today but I was doing really good so got to come home last night. The only problems I'm having are really sore stomach muscles and bad gas pains I was actually able to have a BM at the hospital before I came home which I thought was great, now if I could only get rid of the gas :-) So over all it was an ok experience.
Unread 04-18-2011, 02:55 AM

Hi Everyone

I had my hyster and back and front repairs last Wednesday. I think it was TVH not used to this yet. Welli t was all through the vagina. I did really well and hit a bit of a wall on day 3.
I had a rather unspectacular bowel movement a few small pebbles ( i call them) . Needless to say day 3 and day 4 post op up until 2pm I was in alot of discomfort. I was given 2 lots of laxative and stool softener. Which ended up causing me to have bowel leakage.
Thank goodness this finally all moved along so to speak. It was extremely painful and embarassing.
So my first 2 days were good and from 2pm day 4 things have been very good. I left hospital on Sunday morning and have been chilling out at home since.

I was given some antibiotics today for a bladder infection which was detected.

Cheers to everyone Sheri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register