Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 19-Jul 25,2021 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 19-Jul 25,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 19-Jul 25,2021

Unread 07-26-2021, 11:16 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 19-Jul 25,2021

Hyster Recovery Time

These are just guidelines. You will all need to check with your own doctors about returning to work safely. Don’t underestimate sitting at a desk please either. When the time comes, please give your doctor a detailed job description - how many hours you sit, stand on your feet, lift, walk, etc.

Recovery is unique to us all and depends upon our type of surgery, prior conditions, skill of the surgeon, hereditary factors, level of exercise prior to surgery, smoking, etc. Alas, no one size fits all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2021, 11:18 AM

Returning to Work
Unread 07-26-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat1 View Post
My first post here:
53 y/o
Always in great shape
7/21 abdominal hysterectomy that started out as laparoscopic but due to kinked bowels and size of fibroids it turned into an abdominal cut.
Removed ovaries and cervix.
Came home yesterday, 7/24 but wondering if I left the hospital too soon.
A lot of gas, but no BM yet even with colace and a laxative 2x daily. Probably not drinking as much water as I should but will increase my intake this afternoon.
The pain is frightening but the 800mg Advil does take the edge off.
I live alone, so back and forth to the bathroom and freezer for ice compress and hot water bottle to alternate hot/cold therapy, wondering if I’ve over done it already.
I need to know how long this pain will last? Is it the first week that’s the worst or does this continue for 2-3 weeks after surgery? Will it subside once I have a BM?
Thanks for the help, I look forward to reading your replies.
Living Alone Recovery Tips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2021, 11:23 AM

How Long Will Pain Last?

Just a heads up - recovery can be tricky. You may be pain free one day and the next day feel really achy and tired. Don’t be discouraged!
Unread 07-26-2021, 11:26 AM

Welcome to All just joining. Thank you fir sharing.

If your Discharge Papers are sketchy, always err on the side of caution.

Keep this in mind :
When To Call The Doctor

Communicating Pain

Don’t suffer and worry. Always call with any concerns!
Unread 07-26-2021, 06:10 PM

Hi ! Day 5 update. I slept on my side last night! So much easier getting in and out of bed. I haven’t needed to take any pain killers today (was on 600mg Ibuprofen). Im taking arnica and started back on my supplements today. I’m eating more, hydrating more. Yesterday I went up and down stairs maybe for times and sat outside for a while, was wired and didn’t nap. Today I want to nap and lay around. I feel the “void”. Not bad, just different. Just embracing it. Intestines still feel like they slosh around. Overall, my recovery seems graceful and I’m glad I finally chose to get this done and move forward with my life free of fibroids, heavy bleeding, anemia, and pain! It truly feels better to have space and be lighter.
Unread 07-26-2021, 06:19 PM

5 days post op I definitely did more today than I have any other day. Did 3 loads of laundry (my oldest loading and unloading I just folded) cooked dinner (box Mac n chz,) drove to Dunkin (up the Rd) wiped down the counter...and played Xbox with my oldest. Just that little bit has me EXHAUSTED! I am hoping the fatigue subsides by the time I go back to work.
Unread 07-26-2021, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyoutiful19 View Post
5 days post op I definitely did more today than I have any other day. Did 3 loads of laundry (my oldest loading and unloading I just folded) cooked dinner (box Mac n chz,) drove to Dunkin (up the Rd) wiped down the counter...and played Xbox with my oldest. Just that little bit has me EXHAUSTED! I am hoping the fatigue subsides by the time I go back to work.
Just my humble opinion, but that is rather an ambitious schedule for 5 days after recovery. I know it may not seems as if it was a lot, but you really need to rest. Fatigue is very common after surgery, and may linger for months after surgery. Please pace yourself a bit

I’d try taking it a bit easier tomorrow and try to relax tonight with your feet up
Unread 07-26-2021, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaliSpirit View Post
Hi ! Day 5 update. I slept on my side last night! So much easier getting in and out of bed. I haven’t needed to take any pain killers today (was on 600mg Ibuprofen). Im taking arnica and started back on my supplements today. I’m eating more, hydrating more. Yesterday I went up and down stairs maybe for times and sat outside for a while, was wired and didn’t nap. Today I want to nap and lay around. I feel the “void”. Not bad, just different. Just embracing it. Intestines still feel like they slosh around. Overall, my recovery seems graceful and I’m glad I finally chose to get this done and move forward with my life free of fibroids, heavy bleeding, anemia, and pain! It truly feels better to have space and be lighter.
Thanks for the update!

You might enjoy a long side sleeping pillow - they run about ten dollars. I loved mine!
Unread 07-26-2021, 06:41 PM

Do This - Not That

Recovery No No’s

Err on the side of caution. When in doubt don’t. Try not to overdo.

How Important is Resting?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register