Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 01-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

(((Hugs))) I hope it goes away soon. Have you tried ice on your neck> That helps me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 06:37 PM

hey ladies i posted ealier but it was on a different thread i am doing pretty good sore but ok. i did bend the wrong way today and i am paying for it. other wise i am just tired and bored and sore i have a little discharge i dont know if this is normal or not but it never the less is there and im dealing with it. i go to the doctor on the 17th and i hope he clears me to bowl that is something i am missing and i have a huge tounement that weekend so i hope he clears me a week ealier than he normally does. any way that is what is going on here ill be back on tomorrow everyone take care kelly.
Unread 01-08-2008, 06:39 PM

man i hope those head aches go away soon those are horrible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 07:51 PM

I've been having insomnia and headache issues too. Blah. I think the headache is hormone related...I've always had a touch of insomnia, but this is crazy! I had my first hot flash yesterday. wasn't that exciting! haha.

I'm doing okay. Taking it easy. I took a walk around the grocery store today with hubby and the kids and when I got home I was exhausted, but needed to get out and walk. If it's semi nice tomorrow I think I'll take a walk around the block. I need to pick up some energy somewhere.

I stopped taking my iron. It was tearing me up with constipation. I think I'm more regular now...at least not bloaty like I was. I ate a hamburger tonight, the first red meat I've had for over a month. (we don't eat it often). My mom is threatening to fry liver and onions...someone help me.
Unread 01-08-2008, 09:34 PM

cmw1973 and ladies.....
Sorry I have not written for the past couple of days. I am feeling good-I think for what I have gone through. The body is pretty amazing. I have not taken any pain meds for about four days...so that is good. I am lucky to have regular BMs, which is also great. I do get EXTREMELY sad though during the day. I am home by myself, daughter at school and fiance at work and I feel so lonely and sad. I cry a lot and rest. I feel like there is a huge loss associated with losing all of your womanly organs. I think it is something that some people are alright with and others (like myself) have difficulties. I guess I feel like the choice for me to have another child has been taken away.....and then there are the hot flashes. I am on 2mg of estridiol and I am getting hot flashes that make me sweat like a pig!! They comee out of nowhere....is anyone else experiencing this while taking Estrogen replacement? My Dr. said that she is giving me double the normal dosage because of my age, but I am not sure if that is enough. I am so happy to hear that everyone seems to be doing relatively well. We are all having some of the same problems which is a relief to me. I have been taking short walks around the block in the afternoons and have gone to the grocery store the past two days by myself. I do not carry a basket or push a cart. I only get a couple of things at a time so I do not lift or push anything. It makes me feel a little bit better to take a shower in the afternoon and put on some makeup and venture to the store-I feel just a little bit more normal. This has become my routine!! I will touch base tomorrow-I too am having a horrible time sleeping, so I have rented some movies to keep me busy tonight!! Kisses to all!! Pamper yourselves ladies, you deserve it!

Elizabeth
Unread 01-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Better late than never i guess

Hi Ladies

I went to my first post op DR visit today, to have my staples removed. Everything is fine, except I can't sleep either. Not even with the pain meds which usually knock me out. I hope this gets better, for me and everybody else. My surgery was pretty much uneventful except for a temp of 101 on the night after, which prompted chest x rays and catherization to determine the cause. The next day the temp went back down thanks to antibiotics, but I had to stay a day longer in hosp. because of it. I didn't get to come home until Sat. My pain hasn't been too bad but I just can't get comfortable enough to sleep more than an hour at a time, no matter how hard I try. When I read some of the other ladies posts I feel fortunate and pray that things get better for each of you in the days to come, my prayers are with you all.
Unread 01-08-2008, 10:59 PM

It sounds like we are all having sleep issues! My arm where they screwed up my IV is still really really sore. I have ice on it right now. I hope they didnt permanently damage my vein??? I am missing my husband. I know he is right here but knowing that we cant do anything right now is making me feel less close to him, but more clingy, if that makes any sense. I think I am being over emotional right now too.
Unread 01-08-2008, 11:11 PM

I'm definitely talking to my dr about my sleep issues, but may need to go and see my regular dr for that. I've got anxiety issues and I've noticed an increase in my panic/anxiety as well. ::sigh:: I too have some serious black and blues up and down my arms. Due to blood loss my veins kept on collapsing. I'm also noticing bruising coming to surface around my lapro incisions. Blah. Otherwise all is good.
Unread 01-08-2008, 11:13 PM

Della I have bruises coming out now too. I also have panic/anxiety but so far have been ok. I take Lexapro and I would be lost without it.
Unread 01-08-2008, 11:19 PM

I'm a long time user of zoloft...since I was 18. It just tends to work for me. My dr tried to switch me to Celexa and I wanted to crawl out of my skin. For break through anxiety I use Xanax, but I've been staying away from it due to pain meds. I don't need to be a zombie. I'm finding that chamomile tea is settling, but I just can't wait to get back into routine for everything to settle.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register