Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 210 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi everyone,
I've been doing ok. I see we're all in varying states of recovery. I keep thinking I'm completely recovered and then that swollen belly shows up in the middle of the afternoon. I have been exercising almost everyday and trying to work throught the pain. My dr. said at 5 weeks, I was ok to do anything. I didn't quite believe him, but I am pushing myself alot now. I have been having a lot of stomach aches, just like I had pre-surgery, so that is worrying me a lot. I thought all my cysts, endo, fibroids, scar tissue and adhesions were the cause of my constant pain, but now I am not sure. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 07:49 PM

Hi everyone, it's been awhile. I am still not doing well.I have pain and the itchies where I got my 6 injections. My HRT pill isn't working, (still not sleeping, sad, and moody, etc.).I have a ct scan tomorrrow I may have diverticulitis or appendix problems because I still have belly pain, the dr isn't sure.I had my brain MRI and was told I have pansinus disease with a polyp and the tumor is still on my pituitary gland.My 19 year old Dd had an ultrasound, she has polyps on her ovaries and my not be able to have children, she may have to go to a fertility center for more studies.I feel sooo bad for her and know it could be my fault (genes).I hope you all are doing good, I miss chatting with everyone. Take care, I'll talk to you soon.
Jayne
Unread 04-18-2007, 08:14 PM

Hi all,
On the couch - Ditto with what you said about having more pain but I am pushing myself more. I hope that you start feeling better.

Jayne, So sorry you are having pain and difficulties with HRT. Hope your ct scan goes well. Sorry to hear about your dd.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 08:30 PM

Hi everyone,
Bookah I am shocked I can hardly believe that tech was so unprofessional. I would write that letter so no one else has to experience what you went through with her. Unbelievable. I agree you deserve so much better!
"Girls get going" that sounds very interesting.
I am looking for some motivation.

Everyone that is having 10 week post op anniversary I will be 10 weeks on Monday!

I'm getting tired so I will close for now. Will talk later!
Unread 04-19-2007, 06:16 AM

Thank you for all your wonderful support ladies. I just don't know why she would choose that profession. I hope she was just having a really bad day. I will write a letter because I know how painful it is to have mammograms right after you lose your mom or your sister. I don't want anyone treated the way I was.

Congrats to everyone on your 10 week hysterversaries. Mine is today!!!! Woo Hoo! I feel like a million bucks (I wish I knew what that felt like )

The weather is beautiful here I hope you are all blessed with a wonderful day.
Unread 04-19-2007, 06:36 AM

Good morning !!

Hope all is well.
Today is the start of the big move!! So the computer will be down for about a week The new place is all clean now and ready to be filled with my things. My BIL and his girlfriend are coming tomorrow to help for the weekend. DH brought home a trailer last night. I cannot wait til this is over!
My mother fell on Sat. She is almost 83. She bruised her back and ribs and has been very sore. With all this moving stuff going on I have had to let my sister take care of her(she is 100 miles away from me/sis lives in same town as mom) If I wasn't moving I could have gone up and taken care of her. My sister is doing a great job, I just wish I could be there to help out.
I can't remember who wanted me to clean for them..if you were closer I would be there in a minute!! I actually like to clean.
I have not been sore at all from washing walls and ceilings. I was shocked..thought I would be in pain. Grateful I am not!!
So, ladies, this will probably be my last post for a while. See you all when I get back on-line.
Take care..don't do too much
Remember there is alot to think about, but nothing to worry about.
Love you all!!!

June
Unread 04-19-2007, 06:45 AM

Congrats on the new home June! I hope all goes smoothly and your mother feels well soon. Take care
Unread 04-19-2007, 06:50 AM

Hi June, you won't probably see this but wanted to say congratulations on moving. You should have great weather for it this weekend. I am sorry your mom fell and hopes she feels better soon. Try not to worry, I am sure your sister and mom both understand you are in the middle of moving. It is not something you can really postpone. I know you will go to see her as soon as you can. Glad to hear you had no pain. (I was one of the ones who said you could come do my spring cleaning)

Bookah -So sorry about your experience. It is terrible to be treated that way. I am glad you are going to write the letter. Congratulations on your 10 week anniversary.

I hope everyone has a great day today.

I think it is terrible that they keep showing the guy's picture who killed so many people. Why does the media have to make his face famous. I understand they consider this news and to talk about it by why make the crap's face famous. Sorry for the vent but it is such a terrible tragedy and to have this guy's picture posted constantly on the news is disgusting.

If everyone wants to go to a new site that is fine with me. I will try to check it out later.

Talk to everyone later.
Unread 04-19-2007, 06:57 AM

Best wishes on the move June! Jane, I'm going to take a guess that the pain with the big O is your bladder muscle. Cause I've experienced the same thing. I kind of forgot that WAS a muscle.... or it could be just other muscle tissue and incisions that are getting a bit of a "rub down" in the process and they're just complaining a little ! If the pain goes away and doesn't get worse as time goes on I'd say its just part of the recovery process. Hopefully it doesn't make things so unpleasant that playground visits stop!!!
Unread 04-19-2007, 07:05 AM

Hi cbrn. I'm doing okay. Still have a bit of pain in my butt where I fell, and two days ago I fell again going up some stairs in the house so now have a major bruise on one knee and a huge lump on the other shin. Falling is kind of common for me since I have paralysis in one leg... My core strength really got depleted during this whole experience and its taking a while to build itself back up so my balance is really reduced. But I"m hanging in there and just accepting the falls as part of my recovery! LOL bagpuss, sorry about that pain with sex. Glad to hear it isn't all the time. It just may BE when you're a bit friskier than usual. But that's not a bad thing! I think stretching and moving around helps... even if at the moment its uncomfortable. Hopefully you'll be bouncing around with the spring lambs and feeling no pain (or very reduced pain) soon! I've actually experienced a recent increase in sex drive. Anyone notice that? I'm at 10 weeks today so I'm wondering if my body (after the past few years of NOT feeling all that excited due to periods that lasted longer than a month at a time) is now realizing "Hey! This is fun again!!!!!! " Or if its hormone induced. I'm going to wait and see if it seems cyclical. I kept my ovaries so I know the hormones are back and working but we'll see I guess. The big O does cause some pain and discomfort but not enough to outweigh the "benefits"~ I do'nt have any more visit with my gyn but am planning to meet up with my pcp within the next few months for an early annual physical. I've found that my spine is really starting to bother me and I don't know if its the arthritis or the weak core muscles resulting in my back getting a bit strained. I'm feeling TONS better than before the surgery and definitely feel much improved from right after the surgery, but I know I still have a ways to go to be considered "healed".

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register