Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 108 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Seems like everyone is back at work, but me. I mean, even if it is just a little bit. I chose to stay away entirely. My people would be all over me if I went in for a couple of hrs. I have 2 great supervisors and I work in the Dept. of Instruction, Math/language Arts........Gr. 6-12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 12:35 PM

Jennice,
Trust me, I wish I wasn't here (at work). You are the smart one! As I sit here I have pain "shooting" down there. I would really love to just lay down right now, but I can't.
I almost lifted a box today but I stepped away , got my boss and he gladly moved it for me.
I guess I feel like "it's been a month now, I'm fine". But, I know I'm not. My body keeps reminding me. I'm just afraid of looking like a "wuss". Because I know people around here are thinking that. But oh well.
So anyways, just remember youre the smart one. I should have chose to stay home at least another week or two.

It's not just the physical feelings either, I mean, emotionally, I'm a wreck here. I've about flipped out on two co-workers and I did get a little snippy w/ a customer. Whoa! I need to watch out. I walked away for awhile to cool down but, man, I feel like a ***** on wheels here!
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:35 PM

That's okay, Jennice. I can understand you staying away. Someone at my college who had TVH made sure she did not set foot in there for a good 6-7 weeks, so that's okay. Your job is of a different nature where you say it's open 12 mo. a year and the co-worker I mentioned has a 12-month job, too...... for teaching it's a bit different. I can kind of sneak in there and be in my office and get a bit of work done, clean up/try to organize my brain and the contract says I'm still on 'break' so it's different. Enjoy that time away while you heal and don't let it bug you in the least! Enjoy, heal, enjoy, heal!

E.

55/TVH/CIN3/CIS clean path report
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 12:37 PM

Yeah I told a couple of people today that I feel like my brain has altered from the anesthesia and that i do not feel like my old self. And my body twinges everywhere, probably from opening/closing doors/more driving, etc. I never know when 'zing' owie..something twinges. And it could be ANYwhere, my booty, my chest, my abdominal wall...it's so weird.

Okay, gotta drive a bunch of teens everywhere on earth. Adios for now.

E.

55/TVH/CIN3/CIS good path report
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:48 PM

Hey Jennice, I remember you from the "praying hands" they always make me feel good. Yup I'm a LSH too.
The hardest thing is remembering NOT to do things. Since my abs don't remind me I've had surgery anymore till after I've done something stupid like push open a heavy door. But I can't complain I feel really good. I'm a 10 month employee and will probably go back the very end of Aug. just to get back in the swing of things.
As far as the body goes.... haven't had any spotting really at all. A spec or two the first few days but since then nothing. From reading some of these sites I now have a list ready for my 6 week apointment. - Was the cervix cauterized? Is there a possiblity of fibroids coming back onto the cervix? (someone had that question on this site). Should I be doing Kegal exercised now... (I sort of do them whenever I think of it...just squeezing a little)
I think my Dr. is a very good surgeon,, but I get the feeling that I have to be more direct with him..he was talking about everything under the sun except me at my 2 week post op...I said finally,, So I'm Fine? the pathology was good? He said very matter of factly "Yes,,,Your Fine I told You You would be and I would have called if it wasn't". I think sometimes they are dealing with so much and so many people at once that when they get an "Easy" case they forget that I don't know I'm an easy case and I want info...! So that's my fault and I will be more assertive at my next appointment.

Funny moment..... I was in Hilton Head with the family last week..(week 3) was under an umbrella all week on the beach. Got warm and went into the ocean..was in there about 2 minutes when my daughter said "Are you allowed in here?" I then panicked about the no bath rule and got out of the water as fast as I could. Husband made me feel better saying the salt water was probably good for me and that I spend a lot longer in the shower every day! (I can imagine how ridiculous I looked hurrying out of the water !) So for me that's the down side of feeling so good after surgery...I forget to be careful... (which is a really good down side to have!)
Let's talk more if you want to chat about your recovery! Its nice having someone else with similar situation.
Thanks,
Eileen - (Livestronggal came from me running in the Philly livestrong challenge last year...I couldn't think of anything else at the time and this was a positive event so I figured that would be a good name!)
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:51 PM
back hurts

ok ladies every week it seems something new with us is creeping in. This week my lower back hurts just enough to have to take some ibu's. What else is coming around the corner that we don't know about. Anyone else's back been bothering them?
Unread 08-07-2007, 01:00 PM

I've read other responses of back problems. I think most of them say that it's from the abdominals being so sensitive and using your back muscles more than your abs...which is what you really have to do now.
I think this would be a good "New Thread" Get some advice from people who've had hysts 6 months or 3 years ago! Many of these wonderful women still are on line here helping us newbies...
Unread 08-07-2007, 01:17 PM

Yes, Live:
I forget a have done just a couple of dumb things. Like run down the stairs at about day 12. Walking laps day 4. With this surgery, you can forget. I haven't picked up anything heavy. Haven't bleed since the wk before my surgery. At my post op (2wk) he said the sites looked good and that he cautherized my cervix. I still wonder if I should've gotten the myomectomy instead. This was the only guy in town that could do the LSH or the myo, so I waited till a few days before and decided on the LSH. Yeah, I read the post about fibroids on the cervix. God, I hope not. If they had to go back in, it would be a ab cut to get that out or either through the vagina. YUCK!
Live: Please ask about the cautherize thing. You might have a few min periods a yr if you have spotted already.
I am just getting frustrated. Even though all of my clothes, I have tried on fit now, my belly is still a little bigger than it should be. It was big the last few months, because of my fibs, cysts. I generally have a 33 waist (across the belly, TMI) but now it is a 36. Don't really have luv handles too much. I know that you have to watch the belly after this surgery and that is y I was so against it. I was just afraid that the myo wouldn't bridge me to menopause. Anyone else still have the inches around the belly, not just in the evening?
Unread 08-07-2007, 01:21 PM

Law,
You have been working a little right? Maybe, walking too much or could be the chair you sit in. My upper back can bother me if I sit in this desk chair typing to yall.......LOL
Unread 08-07-2007, 01:29 PM

I just noticed I have some pink tinge coming out from 'down there' today. I'm sure it's from trying to just move in my office chair at my college (big clunky thing and i move it to the desk, from the desk, to the computer, back, using my legs, pull, push w/legs back, forth w/legs.) and from the door opening/closing at the college. Sigh. Well, at least I'm pretty sure that's why. I'll just live w/it and know my body is reminding me that i'm just four weeks today from coming home after that 36 hour 'vacation' in the castle. Continued happy healing............

E.55/TVH/CIN3/CIS clean path report

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register