Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 116 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-09-2007, 06:12 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Sunny i go back to work part time and light duty only on the 13th. I work in a middleschool cafeteria and we actually don't start school until the 28th. But us cafeteria ladies go in next week and open kitchen up, get deliveries. We also feed the highschool football team there suppers for 3 days cuz they do triple practices on certain days i guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 06:22 AM

I went to Rite Aid and the brand i picked up was Sundown 3 Mg. The brand shouldn't matter even if you get the store name brand but i only got the 3 mg. And it works great for me. I've been on it for about a week now and i can't believe last night slept thru the night except for quick pee break then right back to bed and slept all night. That hasn't happened in over 20 years. I feel fantastic, i just can't believe what sleep can do for you. Maybe cuz i just never got any. But this is wonderful. Just 1 pill just before you go to bed thats it. 3 milligrams is all i needed. I really wish i new about this stuff years ago.
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:14 AM

Sunny, I cannot believe you (or anyone) would be able to immediately adopt that kind of work schedule! You're still taking pain medication, for goodness sake, and the 21st is less than 2 weeks away! You are definitely not being "pathetic", just realistic. I had my hysterectomy (abdominal, everything out) on the 13th and am due to go back to work on the 27th. I fully expect to work short days at first, and my BlackBerry will be turned off at the end of the day. I hope you can work out something that's realistic and won't adversely affect your healing process. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 07:55 AM

Good Morning Ladies -
Another sunny beautiful morning here - it will get stinking hot again later but for now...

Had my 2nd post-op yesterday and the doctor cleared me for everything (assuming I use good judgement). He doesn't want to see for another 6 months! I looked at him sort of bewildered and told him that I have not had a fully functional day as of yet. He laughed when I told him that I thought he was clearing me to go back to work. He extended my recovery until after the 24th so my first day at work will be the 27th. Whew.... I have more energy but I am not ready for an 8 hour day plus the 1/2 hour commute both to and from work.

This works out well to because my middle son goes back to college on the 26th and I can help get him prepped the week prior without having to take time off which I have done the last couple of years. I never realized how much can actually fit into a dorm room.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:55 AM

Knittinmanatee,

You poor sis... I had a TAH on the 9th, one month today. I had lots of pain for the first two weeks. I found I was very consipated. Call your doctor and ask if it's okay to use some Senekot to keep things soft, drink some MOM before you go to bed, and drink prune juice. It helped me with the pain. I would definitely talk to your doctor before doing any of these first. My pain was intense all along the right side of my body, I thought I had a kidney infection or stone -- just good ole constipation! Or while you talk to him or the nurse, tell them about how much pain you're in and ask if this is normal. I found the nurses know best
Good luck,
Moe.
Unread 08-09-2007, 08:20 AM

I had a TAH on July 13. I've been doing really well but yesterday (for the first time since I came home) I had some spotting. I also have some pain in the vag. area. That is something new. Still a little sensitive in the abd. area but not enough pain to be too painful where I need to take anything. I was going to go to work two afternoons this week (I work in an office), but since the spotting I decided my body was telling me not to go in yet.
I have also had a headache the last couple of days. I hope I am not getting a bladder infection. Anyone had a bladder infection since they have been home? Can spotting be a sign of a bladder infection?
Unread 08-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Good Thursday morning to you all

I report back to work 8/22 and have a full day training on 8/14. I think I will survive. Today got up early, did 2 miles (4 laps) and will soon go do a set of 3 laps before the ugly heat and humidity get unbearable (already are, actually). We are 4.5 inches below normal in water. It does not rain anymore here. I drove granddaughter to daycare and went down a favorite street to where I used to get on the 35W bridge. I'm in awe. I cannot believe what I saw as I drove by. Words cannot describe it at all. I read a bit of the paper this a.m. which is more 'normal' for me. I used to read the paper at 5 a.m. every single day and haven't had ANY interest in doing so since the trip to the castle. I still feel a bit bloaty and get pains when I walk, but I just keep walking. I am going to try and ride the bike this weekend. I will let you know how it goes. I'll have to go very early bec. of the heat and I will just do laps here around the complex on the 1/2 mile increments.

Have a good day everybody. SunnyBahrain, I cannot believe you could jump right back into such a heavy schedule. Hopefully your doc will give you a lighter load and you can ease back in. I'm already worried about concentrating on all my classes and my 100 new writing students............I had enough trouble learning names before surgery. I can imagine now it might be mid semester before I get them all straight! Anyway, everyone take it easy today, esp. if you are where it's hot, hot, hot!

E.
Unread 08-09-2007, 08:39 AM

law ~ my dh worked briefly on midnights and what a nightmare sleep problems were...someone at his work suggested the Malatonin and it was an instant fix...they are completely safe and non addictive...he quit taking them when he got to go back to days...I've never tried them but if it made him sleep thru 4 teens and me in high gear there must be some magic to them I know they come in 3mg and 5mg and his are the 3mg and worked wonders.........hope you get the same results!!!!!...and they're cheap too!!!

Waiting for dd to get out of the shower and then I'm heading in and going to my 4week post op appt at 1:00! I've had no conversation with him since he released me from the hospital and only met him twice before that...I wanna go in and give him a BIG HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 08-09-2007, 08:43 AM

Hello everyone. I have a question. Is it still normal (surgery on July 13 - TAH) to have that awful smell in the vag. area? I just started spotting brownish for the first time yesterday and I called and was told it was o.k. but maybe I'm doing too much, but I didn't think of mentioning the smell. I've had it from the beginning so I didn't think much of it, but I'm wondering if it should still be there?
Anyone else have that smell?
Unread 08-09-2007, 08:52 AM
debbiefeg

[font=Comic Sans MS]I thought I had a bladder/kidney infection, it turned out to be a yeast infection. I didn't even know I had one. I had had some spotting and pain, but the urine test came back negative and at my 1st postop the doc informed me I had a yeast infection. I think we're probably more prone to it because of the antibiotics that were given.

Hope you feel better ,
Moe

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register