Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 120 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

kittinmanatee, I also had TAH with BSO (July 13) and am still feeling pain. I've only had one night when I didn't need something to take the edge off so I could sleep, and more often than not take something during the day too. Right now there's a dull ache down there (almost like period cramps) that will need 1-2 ibuprofens before I can get to sleep. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Our surgery was BIG and I fooled myself into thinking that the 6 weeks would consist of 2-3 weeks of recovery (4 tops) and then a couple of weeks to catch up on projects. NOT. Happy pill-popping,and sleep well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 06:38 PM

Thanks Girls! I was very happy how the appointment went too!

Jennice ~ no it didn't hurt...I asked him if it was gonna hurt and he said absolutely not...just the sight of that metal thing though makes me cringe...I try not to look at it LOL but it always makes that clicking sound...you all know it well I'm sure

I was just googling a bunch of words in my path report (for hours now ) ewwww! Why'd I have to go and look at that stuff!

To answer your question, yes it is the first time since surgery I've talked to him cause at my 2-week the nurse took out the staples...she said I will talk to him at my 4week and he will have my path report in hand...it was my copy as all his info is in the lap tops they carry! I only met him once before my surgery before that, I didn't even find out I was having surgery til Mid June and was refered to him so it was quick stuff!!! He's a very gentle, calm mannered, type doctor...made me feel very secure first time meeting him...funny my neighbor works in the same group of doctors there and she said he still gets embarrassed when they all crack messed up female jokes around him LOL she said you'd think he's never seen female parts before (well she of course phrased it a little different LOL!!! So they of course target him!!! LOL I am thinking he forgot to make me schedule a mamogram since he caught me as being 47 and never had one yet OOPS! shhhhhhhh...just said I'm good to go and unless something comes up that needs attention your good until your next yearly!

After he internally examined me and said "everything looks good" I wanted to say, "it couldn't possibly, not before and not after"LOL ewww, how can they look at women and not visualize all that in there

Hmmmmm what to do tomorrow!!!

Is it not the norm to be released at the 4week appointment?
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:19 PM

Okay, ladies: I RODE MY DD'S BIKE FOR A MILE! And I survived to tell the tale. I will write again in the a.m. to tell you if anything dire happened to me in the night as a result of riding that bike four weeks and 3 days post op! I'm posting in the post op section, too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 07:20 PM

Okay, ladies: I RODE MY DD'S BIKE FOR A MILE! And I survived to tell the tale. I will write again in the a.m. to tell you if anything dire happened to me in the night as a result of riding that bike four weeks and 3 days post op! I posted in the sister's chat, too.

YIPEE. Amazing!
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:28 PM

Hello Girls!

Had my 4week postop today and glad to report everything is great...didn't feel a thing during the internal but still don't like the looks or sounds of that metal thing they use he said I can do WHATEVER now (except s*x til 6weeks) OH NO, does that mean I have to stay home and sweep tomorrow vs. go to the pool hmmmmm what to do? Anyway, he had my copy of the path report and went over it and said everything was benign and said trust me when I say "everything needed to go"LOL, been on google trying to figure out some of the terminology but finding gross stuff so gonna give it a restLOL...he signed my work papers to go back to full-time, no restrictions but gave me til Sept 4th...with a little help on that date from me thankfully my work will pay up to 8wks...He said I was good to go and don't need to come back til I need a yearly!!!!

Good luck to everyone else as we all seem to be going to our 4week check this week!

I am sooo thankful I discovered this site just prior to surgery and yes we are quite the group here aren't we!!!
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:35 PM

knitinmanatee I completely understand. My son got hurt today too(he is only 7 months old), and I told my hubby to hand him over. At least I didn't pick him up, he was handed to me. It's been very hard not to pick him up. I go on Monday to see if I can be released, I am hoping so. I am quite moody as well and have bad night sweats and some hot flashes too. I am on hormones, but not sure they are working correctly. I will ask on Monday for sure.
Unread 08-09-2007, 08:36 PM
post op visits

I was very intrigued about how many postop visits most of you have been to. I had my surgery on 7/9 and have had one postop at 3 weeks. My next appointment is at 12 weeks. Is that normal? Not that I want to be poked and prodded anymore, but does this make sense???? I had a tah, and everything else lifted, tucked,repaired, or put in a sling.

Elefante -- I can't believe you are going bike riding this weekend. I haven't even been driving yet, except the one time I almost fainted...(waiting to hear from my cardiologist tomorrow about my 24 hr monitor to get the OK )

Moe
Unread 08-09-2007, 09:02 PM

Where is the sisters chat area? I can't find it. What am I missing?
Unread 08-09-2007, 09:08 PM

Simplyme, go to the post op discussions, then look up Sisters Chat thread
Unread 08-09-2007, 09:36 PM

Oh, I must be really tired ...I can not find the chat area for nothing
i am going to take my Advil PM to make sure I sleep through the night again!
good night all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register