Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 154 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Thank you for the update, Catherine. I appreciate it. E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennice41
Thank, Bopper. Part of my message was removed to a new thread. Now, no one won't respond to it since they don't know me. I have gotten comfortable with you guys and enjoy sharing stories.
Part of your post here was removed because it was a duplicate post. You had posted the same question in the Chat thread, and that was moved to PostOp to start a new thread.

There are several posts on this thread and on the chat thread asking that questions regarding recovery be asked in a NEW thread in the Post Op forum. Those messages are being ignored, so your post and two others were moved to PostOp today.

If everyone asked their questions in their own chat group or their own Recovery Progress thread, there would be no need for a Post Op forum.
Unread 08-18-2007, 06:12 PM

...as soon as I read up on it at Mayo.com, I was doing the kegels nonstop. I am keeping it in there!!!!

Me, too! I am trying to think of what exercises would strengthen that area. I'm sure orgasms would work but it would take alot...which would make dh very happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 07:07 PM

GRRRRR
I wish my blood pressure & pulse would settle out! I don't want to call the dr again. I'm tired of being tired. I know it takes awhile to heal & the body to adjust, but come on. I was prepared for the pain. I was prepared to take it easy. I was prepared not to do my usual activities. I wasn't prepared for my bp & pulse to go wacky. I wasn't prepared for the angina to kick back up. Everything else with the female parts is doing great. I have to be different.
GRRRRRRRRR
Thanks for letting me vent.
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:15 PM

I do my kegels since surgery every time I do #1, that way I won't forget and I know that I am doing them right.
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:19 PM

No problem, crossroads. We understand and have healing issues too. My BP is a little whacky too and my primary is about to put me on pills. It has been fluctuating for the last 6 mths. I don't want to start the pills and walking and exercise usually gets it down. Also, I cut back on my salt.
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossroads
GRRRRR
I wish my blood pressure & pulse would settle out! I don't want to call the dr again. I'm tired of being tired. I know it takes awhile to heal & the body to adjust, but come on. I was prepared for the pain. I was prepared to take it easy. I was prepared not to do my usual activities. I wasn't prepared for my bp & pulse to go wacky. I wasn't prepared for the angina to kick back up. Everything else with the female parts is doing great. I have to be different.
GRRRRRRRRR
Thanks for letting me vent.
I too had higher than normal BP at times and a racing heart and stress from even watching a TV show or the news, or a movie for the past few years. I know your pain, I had to get some meds for it a few years ago, I take antivan about 5 times a week, it stays in your system for less time then xanax does, so they say it will not build up in your system like xanax does. I didnt like xanax, kept me TOO groggy. I woke up from a bad dream a few times post surgery and was ready to climb the walls, I had to take my antivan to calm down, I think its part of hormone imbalance. I am not sure, but I never had this problem pre my peri menopause. So many things changed for me 9 years ago when it all started, even though all the doctors told me year after year I was not peri menopuase, I knew something was wrong, and until Feb 2007 when I found my new OB, I had thought I was going nuts, she reassured me, all my problems were from menopuase. I will love her for that forever, my sanity was restored. heh heh. When your mind is clear and you know there is something wrong with you and its not in your head, your body feels better too, well mine did!
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:26 PM

Yes, Crossroads...your surgery was pretty 'recent' and you had lots going on in your body, so it takes time, take it from me. My bro in law (dentist) challenged me today that anesthesia has no after effects on the body but I think it was moderator Catherine who said that's not true...I've been very frustrated w/my changed personality/habits/etc. I found a fascinating article from the LA Times that helped me feel better...that some research DOES show anesthesia can be long lasting for people...esp. older people (and me being 55 I consider myself in the older group!)... so even though I just flirt w/the high blood pressure, I can feel your frustration. Take it easy and give the body time. My bro in law the dentist did say that this is major surgery and 'six weeks' or 8 or whatever we are given.... for some of us the healing is fast, for others it's slower, and our bodies also have to adjust to all the changes w/whatever was taken out, rearranged, fixed, etc. I'm sure it can take a very long time for some people.

Good luck and hopefully the good wishes of people here will help you know you aren't alone ........ we are here to listen and sometimes commisserate and sometimes help out. (bad spelling tonite; don't tell my students!).....

E.
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:27 PM

Good idea Jennice, I do my kegal excercises to but never thought to do them when i pee. Then we would definately no if we were doing them right. thanks
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:31 PM
bath finally!!!!

I got to soak in the tub tonight. First time since the surgery. Boy it sure helps out the ole bones thats for sure. I could of stayed in there forever but i didn't. But it sure felt good. It was a beautiful day here in PA about 80 degrees. Just perfect.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register