Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 156 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-19-2007, 05:52 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Sunny,

Part-time would be ideal, but no, my HR Director was very stern about that. That is not done at my place of employment. She isn't the most difficult person i've ever met, but flexibility is not one of her attributes! However, my supervisor is the type who will send me home early if I really need to so I am not too concerned if I can't make it through the day. I don't want to take advantage of this however and it would have been a bit easier if I could have eased into work. My brain is already tuning into what I need to do in the next few coming weeks as far as projects are concerned. That, and the fact that my house is not clean as I'd like it to be - well, my last week isn't going to be restful at all - even if I hold back from doing the physical, mentally - I can feel myself getting keyed up.

I have a full week anyway - tonight I have a work-related dinner party, tomorrow my youngest is going to interview at a college that he hopes to apply (he is going into his senior year of high-school), my middle son goes back to college next Sunday and we have to shop and prepare for that, and I have a couple of lunch dates. Life is full and I am grateful...but I guess my quiet recovery time is over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2007, 07:00 AM

Happy Sunday you all. I have a lot of trouble getting out of bed. I'm discouraged w/my body. And I think I broke a piece of tooth last nite on popcorn. I just cannot give popcorn up and I've broken and chipped off more teeth than I can describe. I just never learn. I'm going to try to ignore it unless it 1) hurts or 2) wrecks my tongue on the ragged edges. Rats!

A good Sunday again to you all. It's still raining/misting here (normal for once) but I am just dying to get out there and walk some. Later.........E.
Unread 08-19-2007, 07:23 AM
Still Raining

Yeah! It is still raining here. Just a light drizzle. So, I am with you E when you said it was hard to get out of bed this AM. All I got in yesterday was the 3 mile walk, but my body feels like I did so much more.

I am going to go to the gym today to get in some walking. We are also going to take a ride to the cottage and work on some putzy inside stuff. Our initial plans were to golf, I am glad it is raining as I am afraid to try that yet.

I believe when our bodies are telling us to rest...we should do it. So that is my plan today. Do only what I am comfortable doing!

Where ever you are ladies...I hope you spent some time for your selves today, whether it is out for a walk or watching a movie

Happy Healing, and i am so glad this site will not close because it has been so good for me to talk with people that understand what I am going through.

SM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2007, 07:33 AM

Hi, Simplyme..glad you are getting some rain over in WI, too. It's bad in southern MN. I see on the news there are missing people/drownings/they got 12 inches of rain yesterday/last night. First we are in a drought and then the onslaught of rains. We can't win. I still hope to go out, but it's so raw out there today. Cold, windy, drizzle. My sister is on her twenty mile training walk w/her team for the 3-day cancer walk/60 mile trek which begins Friday here in the metro area. More power to them all. I'd be with them except for my hysterectomy. Okay. I'll think of you and try to listen more to my body. It's very tired out and I'm still frustrated w/it. I shed a few tears in the shower this a.m. out of frustration. It's good i start back to work Wed. because even if I am exhausted out of my skull i think it will keep me so engaged i won't have time to be frustrated w/myself anymore.. unless i have trouble functioning w/all my students/classes/etc. Time will tell.

Tomorrow is my sixth week anniversary. On Sundays I always remember 'the way I was' before going to the castle.

Onward I go...............E.
Unread 08-19-2007, 07:45 AM

Good morning! Happy Sunday everyone! I too am still in bed I love Sunday mornings!! I enjoyed reading up on everyone's progress and doings this week and boy can I relate to the teenage clothes shopping and drama issues. Thankfully my kids have had uniforms all of their high school years. So then the focus is on what shoes, belts, bags and accessories they can use with the uniforms LOL My son graduated this year from high school and he will be working parttime while going to college so he will be helping with his own clothes and needs.
I bought some good shoes yesterday for the new school year. I am determined to really take care of " me" this year which has never been the case since i started teaching. I need to make myself slow down and take care of myself.
Unread 08-19-2007, 08:00 AM

Speaking of clothes.............still haven't taken teen daughter to shop. When will we do it? I start back f.t. Wed and she goes to h.s. orientation Tuesday and is always at someone else's house. I told her to clean out all the clothes she already has that she never wears before i'd take her anywhere (plus money is very tight)............. her clothes fit the ever growing and gonna be tall 9 year old....which is nice for the little one who also has no $$.. but I wonder when we will fit all that shopping in? I have never enjoyed clothes shopping myself. Never. Never ever in my entire life. And I wear no make up no jewelry, etc. I'm just 'me'...........but my DD's....look out. Hair dye all the time, tanning booth for the big one (which probably contributed to her lupus), acrylic nails for the big one, lots of ear piercings for the teen (who is always begging for a nose piercing and cartiledge piercing) and clothes, clothes, make up overflowing from the bathroom. It must be genetics bec. being a single mom they did not get ANY of these ideas from me.

Over and out.
Unread 08-19-2007, 08:06 AM

Sunny, I am happy to read that you are healing well. You are lucky to be off another 2 weeks. Take advantage of your time and really pamper yourself. Time flies by so fast. I've been working for 2 weeks already at the school and tomorrow the students return for the beginning of the school year. It has been exhausting getting back into the swing of things.

Jennice, I read your post about the storm and your power going off. that is always so scary to me. I hope things are back to normal for you today and that you are not in too much pain.
Unread 08-19-2007, 08:10 AM

that is so funny Ele....makeup overflowing from the bathroom LOL!!! Its funny because that was probably me when I was a teen. I was all into the hair, nails and makeup but after becoming a teacher, a wife, a mom I became this different person, much simpler---not alot of makeup, comfy clothes, etc and my daughter is just like that. she only wears a little lip gloss and a pair of jeans with flip flops makes her happy. She isnt intense at all.
Unread 08-19-2007, 08:16 AM
Blood Pressure

Good morning! I've been reading the postings from the last couple of days and I have a couple of questions regarding your blood pressure.

My pressure has been high for the last 26 years, but under control. Since the surgery it has either skyrocketed, caused me to pass out and be hospitalize, or has dropped so low my machine can't pick up a reading. My PCP and cardiologist agreed to lower the BP meds and see me regularly.

Here's the question(s) -

Does anyone get lightheaded -- not dizzy -- lightheaded where you feel like you've had one too many drinks yet didn't drink at all?

Does you BP go up or down when you sit or stand? What is considered normal?

Does anyone have a hard time getting up steadily and then feeling unsteady?

(I have a follow-up appt on the 29th)

I can't believe how different I feel from before the surgery. Pre-HYS, I was healthy,active, and full of energry. I feel like this has take a part of me away. I know the recovery is long and I have to be patient. It doesn't help, especially when I went out last night, and people made remarks and told me how terrible I looked -- I looked tired, rundown, too thin, "thought we were going to lose you" Then in the same breath they're telling me I look great! DUH - I went from up to down in a matter of moments. Why can't people realize this was MAJOR surgery and to keep their heartless remarks to themselves!!!!!

I guess I need to vent that -- thank you -- I know most of you will know how I feel.

Moe
Unread 08-19-2007, 08:22 AM

Ah, to have a daughter like that, Phillipians! I'll never know.

Man there was bad flooding in southern MN. Five are already confirmed dead and probably more are missing. This is going to be worse than the bridge falling in some ways.........total devastation. Why, why MN? What a year we are having. I think after I answer all these emails I will go be a hermit and not see all the sad stuff happening in today's news. Wow. We get water like that sometimes during the 'storms of the century' but it doesn't wash away entire towns/roads like it seems to have done last night and today.............and more heavy rain is going down there. All I can do is say little prayers for all those people. Well, thanks for listening, ladies. I'm going to go look for a ray of sunshine in a very gloomy, cloudy, cold, drizzly day. We've been wishing for it and so it finally arrived in multiples. E.

Thanks for all your posts today. These were some of the sunshine rays today for me. Over and out.............way out.....................

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register