Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 163 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi there Moey and everyone else. Moey, we share an anniversary date. I had a TAH/BSO (abdominal, everything out) and have also experienced that menstrual cramps feeling, along with the exhaustion that used to go with the heavy day of my period. I'm supposed to go back to work next Monday but don't think I'm ready. I'm seeing my doctor this afternoon and will let you know what he has to say. I find the problem with this stage of recovery is that I'm getting fidgety: want to do things and feel ready and able, but get that crampy feeling afterwards. Stay tuned for doctor's opinion. Have a great day everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2007, 09:37 AM

I am here at work and kind busy today. I have my feet up on a box and feeling a little crampish. Like in the middle of my stomach. Not major, I guess. As least my bowels are working really well since friday. It took a while for them to behave regularly, but it seems like I am back on schedule.
As for the scar tissue (adhesions) I am scared to death. That is part of the reason that I lost right ovary. It had those awful adhesions wrap all around it and multiple cysts. It was cleaned off in 03 and came back. This time he took it. That is another reason I didn't want the abdominal incision because of adhesions. I pray that I am done with surgeries.
Unread 08-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Teens

I am deeply sorry, Gemini. But very happy that the kids weren't hurt. That poor car or should I say, poor you. Insurance is high enough for youngsters. Sometimes, they give you a discount for good grades like they look adults credit. My son will be 19 next Monday (driving since 16) and pretty much just only drives in the county of which we live. He almost never gets on the highway. I am so paranoid, that he isn't taking his car back to college, year 2. They can bring their cars in the 2nd year. But, I don't feel comfortable. He really doesn't need a car. He almost never leaves campus. He is my only child. Your dd will chalk this up to a learning experience. My ds hasn't had an official accident, but hit a deer this summer. I felt funny about him going over to a friend's, friend that night. U know us women, and I recommended he didnt go. I told him that he has to start to make decisions himself and look what happened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2007, 12:13 PM

Today I had my 6 week post-op appt..and was told that I had created some adhesions from overdoing things too. I specifically remember doing it. I went outside at about the 3 week mark and used a weeding tool, while standing up for about 1/2 hour and felt some sharp pain and bleeding after. The doctor had to use his fingers to push apart the adhesions....very painful!! He does believe that it will now lay down and heal properly however. My advice...stay true to your restrictions!! and don't overdo things! I don't return to work until approx Sept 10.
Unread 08-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Another Graduate

Well, ladies, you're looking at one more Sister cleared for just about everything
The doctor says I've healed very well and can return to work next week. I'm going to wait until Wednesday and work short days, basically going home when I'm tired. Then we have a long weekend for me to take it easy.
I asked about that feeling of menstrual cramps and fatigue, and he said it's normal and could last quite a while. It doesn't mean anything's tearing or not healing -- it's just a message from our bodies that the healing isn't over so slow down.
I also asked about lifting. He says that isn't a problem either, though I should avoid hauling bags of fertilizer, etc. for a while yet The main message is that we should expect pain and fatigue long after the basic healing is complete.
Tomorrow I'm going to celebrate by cleaning my kitchen floor. How pathetic is that?
Oh...and I told my doctor about the HysterSisters and he thinks it's wonderful. I printed up a couple of the pages to give him a sample of the great stuff that's available here.
Unread 08-20-2007, 01:36 PM

Desiree,
You mean he pulled them apart internally or through the skin?
Unread 08-20-2007, 01:51 PM

Great news for all of you sisters who had appts. today. WONDERFUL. Interesting about the adhesions. I hope I have none when I visit my OB on 8/31. I am going to go WALK as there is a break in our rainy, rainy weather. Continued healing to you all................
Unread 08-20-2007, 07:11 PM

Well i didn't do much at all today. Went to lunch with my DH and had chinese food. yummmy. Went to the salvation army store, i love the salvo or thrift stores. Came home did a load of wash and did the dishes that the DD left in the sink. And that pretty much was it. It rained here all day again. 2 days in a row. Tomorrow i sit for 6 hours at a meeting we have to go to for work. Borrrrring. But now i'm tired even though i really didn't do anything at all today. Everybody must be busy tonight cuz no one is on. Take care all
Unread 08-20-2007, 07:30 PM

I'm on now! Hi, Law, even though you are not on at this instant. I FINALLY got some walking in today between the drizzle and rain. More rain is coming, but I was soooo happy to walk. No one was out but as I drove away tonite I saw many others walking. I took granddaughter to doctor and discovered she has a 'geographic tongue.' I'd say look it up on google to understand it. And then she and I got gas/food/came back to two teens coloring their hair for school pics tomorrow.......they will be fresh'women'... my teen now looks like a skunk to me except instead of a white stripe she put red. Oy oy OY OY OY her school pic will be truly one to remember. And they are having a sleepover and supposedly in a strict house where about six teens are all going to be in one half hour from now. Yes, right. So I drove two of the teens to one house. Then took granddaughter home w/all of the accumulated belongings, including school supplies for the year, etc. Went into the hood. It's sad....crack dealers stand on the corners just four blocks from where older DD and granddaughter live. Sad, sad, sad, and there is a big school just another block from there. Such is life in the hood I guess. My DD really wanted to live in our beloved Mpls and that's the best I could afford to help out. Long story. But I drove there and back. It's about 7 mi. one way on city streets. Did load of dishes, picked up a zillion times around here............i just want to rest now. I didn't sleep well last night w/little one moving around in my big bed. She kind of gravitates to me... i must be like a heat magnet or something.

Not too much twinging anymore, just an occasional twinge on the side or where I imagine the ovaries are once in a spell. So, onward I go.

Hoping you all had a wonderful day and a wonderful evening and that you have days tomorrow that you can all handle as you continue to heal.

E.
Unread 08-20-2007, 07:34 PM
post-op check

My postop was today but they had dropped me somehow from the appt schedule? DR did see me for a few mins, I was disapointed as I had my list printed of questions to ask but only got a few in. He said I was healing good but my scar area was very swollen (no duh) but he said I could return to work part time this week. I work in a trucking company with a bunch of men, hard to work part time but I did go in for 4 hrs & whew!!!! Swelly belly to the max, I couldnt even stand to have my seat belt on and oh my aching back!~ I have piles of work to do but I think tomorrow it will only be a couple of hrs. I took myself into the lab & requested hormone tests & thyroid should know about that on thurs. My six week ann date is thurs. Wow where does the time go when you're having fun!!! I know what you mean about the min you think you can be normal it will come back & slap ya... take it easy everyone we don't need to prove anything to anyone..

Lori

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register