Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 164 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-20-2007, 07:47 PM
teens

Gemini- hoping everything works out with your kids. Boy, how scary! i hope the soreness goes away for all of them in the carand that in the end you find out there is insurance. I think that is too much stress for your body to handle. Make sure you do some good resting for yourself.

I was in a car accident a week after getting my license years ago. I was OK but totaled the car. I went through the windshield and came back resting under the dashboard. A few scrapes and bruises and sore from the blunt force. It takes a while for the shock goes away and the generalized aching subsides.

Today was another day touring a college. I think my DD has narrowed it down. We got her shopping done for her start of the Senior year in HS. i left home at 8 and got home at 3pm. Tired but still got in my 3 mile walk. Had some throbbing pain where the possible cystocele or whatever it is. i am so sick of that feeling.

I go back to teaching tomorrow night. It is a 3 hour class. I am not going to do anything tomorrow to save my energy and standing time for at night

E-Good luck with work. It exhausts me just thinking about having to go back full time. I am so glad I don't have to.

Good night. I am going to curl up with my book and get some rest! My bottom needs it again tonight!!
's to all!
SM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Lori/bsister4, sorry you had such a short appt! At least you still have p.t. work so you can continue to heal. Take care.........yes, sometimes the progress goes just fine and then ouch! something twinges somewhere. I hope all your questions got answered even if the appt. didn't show up in the schedule. Take care and happy/healthy healing to you.............E.
Unread 08-20-2007, 10:03 PM

Hey all! I had my 6 week post op check, and I graduated into the world, with whatever restrictions I feel like placing on myself! I think I'll make up a few ones for everyone around to keep taking care of things for me.

I also had bad adhesions from scar tissue, and I have quite a bit of pain in one spot on the right side. Again, as everyone said, it's normal, but when my DH and I tried "you know what," it didn't work so well when our bellies bumped!

I FINALLY brought a big list of questions for the doctor, and I had written them in a green felt marker (I love grading with felt markers!), and when he saw the list, he just started answering the questions that he saw at the top. It went fairly well, as post-ops go.

It was funny though, when he did the internal exam, and had to swab away a stitch that didn't want to leave!

Now I'm waiting for my new Ambien meds to kick in, as I haven't been sleeping at all. Had problems before, but it's way worse now---and I'm even on hormones.

Oh, I meant to say that we went to Wal*Mart on Friday, and I almost felt normal for about a half hour. Then last night I became obsessed with taking care of my face, and I went back to buy Oil of Olay anti-aging. I feel older now that I've had a hysterectomy, even though I'm only 30 (I hope that doesn't offend anyone.).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Post OP

I have my post op exam on Thursday the 23rd, hopefully all will go well. I also had a lot of scar tissue and it has been very painful on my right side. Does anyone still feel twinges and every once in awhile a sharp pain? I did the other night and it kinda scared me.

I just began to feel the night sweats and mild hot flashes UGH ! I also I'm not sleeping at all at night up and down constantly any suggestions for this?

Thanks for everyone help!
Unread 08-21-2007, 06:36 AM

I I had two surgeries last year because I had adhesions that were stuck to everything. Will more than likely have to have another down the road to have the ovaries removed, but I'll keep my fingers crossed it may not be needed!My cramping only lasted a day or two, but was enought o have me in tears! More so because it was unexpected. Didn't think there was anything to cramp!
Unread 08-21-2007, 06:45 AM

First, Congrats Knittinmanatee on your wonderful post op appt! My 2.5 week one was so fast so I'm looking forward to the longer version like you had yesterday. Hooray!! Someone last nite was pressuring me for you know what and I said no, I am waiting until my appt. 8/31.

I think it would be normal to 'feel older' even at your young age (I could be your mamma for sure) after this type of surgery. A vital organ was taken out of your body, and your body will be going through many changes, so I just smiled when you made the comment about feeling older. Ah, to be 30!!

ANGEL OF DENIAL: twinges: yes, I still get them 6 weeks 1 day post op. Even last nite while in bed I had a 'knuckle' or two of knots and a few twinges during the day. Sometimes I want to rub the area but when I did that the first week or two I could 'feel something' and got freaked; imagined 'tied off areas post surgery' and decided to leave the belly alone until the doc takes his last peek 8/31. I think it's normal though bec. we all heal in different ways. As long as the pain doesn't last and last then I don't worry. What's annoying is never knowing when it's going to 'strike'......

All these posts about adhesions and scar tissues;;;;;;; since this is my first surgery basically ever (cerclage doesn't count in my book).... I'm a bit worried about what maybe has happened during the healing process (I love to worry) and so I anxiously await that last mtg w/my OB on 8/31. Until then happy healing to you all.

Tonite I have to go to DD's freshman H.S. meeting and tomorrow is my first day/entire day back at work bright and early in the a.m. Good luck to me. I know I will be exhausted. I am usually 'a rooster' up at 5 a.m. and it has been very hard for me to get my ooooolllldddd bones out of bed ....*i'm 55 and feel like 105 some mornings***

Health to you all.............E.
Unread 08-21-2007, 07:09 AM

Im at work now, elefante. Still doing PT hrs. I still can't last the 10 hrs. Thank God, this will be over Thurs. Then have a 3 day weekend and get back to normality next week. 8-4:30. You will be fine girl. Nice to get back to the real world.

Ladies,
I still have a few twinges and pain that comes and goes. I am afraid to death of adhesion in the right side AGAIN. Hopefully, they won't come back this time since the ovary was removed. I am clear for X on thurs, but I am still sore so gonna wait. When I get the cramp, I just walk that evening and it helps. Also, with sleep.
Unread 08-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 sleeping

Good morning everyone. Good luck to those of you who went back into the real world and started working.

I went out last night for possible 1 1/2 mile walk. Wouldn't you know, 1/2 mile into it it started to rain. We went home and I read instead.

I am trying to read or so something relaxing before I go to bed. I still can't sleep without something to help me. I lay there for over an hour and this feeling like my heart was stopping and my head was falling got worse. I finally got up and took an Ambien. Tonight I am going to try a Benadryl and hope for the best. I can't sleep without help.
My PCP told me it could take months for my body to adjust and it is all hormonal. Geesh -- it's always those hormones!
Does anyone else have this problem??

E - Kids are wonderful to have around. My older DD teaches and lives an hour away. She has been coming home once a week for a couple of days, next week she starts work. SHe'll come home for weekends. My younger DD is a senior in college and has been working there all summer. So when they come home it's great (except for the extra towels to wash!) and when they leave - it's so empty here. I miss them

Simplyme -- Good luck at work tomorrow -- let us know how it goes. I go back on 9/5 -- three hours per day for the first week.
Unread 08-21-2007, 07:24 AM
Twinges, Hot flashes , Insomnia

Yeah, I still have em all, I worked part time yesterday & felt like the sta-puff man coming home from work. My belly is huge! I didn't learn very much from my post op as it was cut short but when they call with some blood test results hopfully I can find out more. I wonder, how can they tell you have adhesions? I am still afraid of x and even sleeping on my stomach & sides. I try to keep everything lined up.. My waist is back down to normal but the belly creates a fashion problem....also I didn't loose any wt in fact I am up about 5 lbs which is a prob as I am only 5'3. I grinned as well about how, yes you feel older..Hang in there gang..luv ya!
Unread 08-21-2007, 07:26 AM

Nice to hear from you Moejoe...for sleeping yes it's hard. YOu might want to start a 'sleeping strand' in the post ops for ideas/commiseration/etc. from what i've learned as we can only chat on this side. It's so quiet here right now. I've been doing emails including several work emails and i'm going to go to the store. In 8 min. my teen's orientation to high school starts. She went to a sleepover last nite (i said no, so much for respect and listening to mom) w/five other girls and they all got ready together to board the bus. Ah, to be 14 and a freshman in h.s. And she changed her hair color again...probably told you guys that last nite. I keep thinking about her. Yes, it is very quiet around this place right now. And cloudy...looks like dusk it's so cloudy. Good news is by Fri. it will be beautiful for all the people doing the 3 day cancer walk here in our area......i will call my sister and say our prayers to the heavens for the rains to stop by Fri. paid off. Now, for me, when I go to the state fair Th using a precious personal leave day from work..there is a 50/50 shot of rain. That's okay, though. I love my state fair no matter what the weather.

Take care everyone today. Tonight I have parent's orientation for 9th graders at the h.s. so depending on how exhausted i am when i return home i may not check in again (** ** i'm always talking away here) until i run away tomorrow a.m. for my first big day back at college.

SIGH SIGH SIGH E

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register