Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 171 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Well it's just after 6pm and my ds came to pick up his daughter, my 22months old granddaughter. And believe it or not it finally stopped rainning. I was getting depressed with all this rain. Now i need to see some sun. I have the rest of the week off from work and don't have to go back full time now until the 27th and still on light duty until sept. 10th. Right now i have a couple loads of wash that i have to do. DH just fixed the kitchen sink i had alittle mini flood under the sink. Today i feel pretty good no pains no twinges no nothing. Thats weird huh. Maybe i'm starting to be back to normal again whatever that was before, i don't know if i was ever really normal ha ha Safe healing everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 04:32 PM

Sorry to hear you're tired and achey, elefante. I had to go in to the office for about 3 hours today but am actually feeling not too bad...though glad I don't have to repeat it tomorrow. I hope you get a good sleep tonight.
Moey, I hope packing doesn't involve lifting! Take it slow and easy and get all the help you can.
Take care, everyone.
Unread 08-22-2007, 05:09 PM

Yes, I need the garbage can dragged out of the garage tonite....will try to enlist DD for it, though my 'six weeks' is done and so everyone thinks i'm just normal old me. I will try to pamper myself when i get a second. You all take care and rest up, too. E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 05:12 PM

Simplyme I know exactly how you feel mentally. Is there a way you can ask your doctor about the pain part? It doesn't sound so normal to me. Or start a different post for advice? Good luck. When did you last see the doc? The doc said it was 'normal healing,' right? Or you haven't gone back again? It sounds like worth a phone call or visit to me. I wish you the best w/it. The mental part I share w/you 100%.
Unread 08-22-2007, 05:24 PM

Elefan,
Welcome back to the real world. Trust me it will get better, or at least it should. I worked today from 9-5 (WOW!). Each day I have been increasing. It is 5 days working for me and today I am exhausted, almost like I was day 1, so I know how u feel. Get some rest. I am taking a vacation day tomorrow and as u already know, we don't work on fridays in the summer. Monday returns to 8-4:30. It was a trying day for me. Some students didn't get paid while I was gone, the budget is screwed up, in addition trying to get a staff development together for the 29th. I got into with the receptionist at the dentist office over my son's appt today (long story, but she was wrong) and the phone was busy. My 2 supervisors agreed that I need a long weekend to recover and get ready for monday. This is a busy time for all education fields (public or higher learning). I notice when my stress is up, I ache, so I am relaxing with a cold beer right now and feeling better. I really appreciate u guys.
Unread 08-22-2007, 05:34 PM

My DS just called me and his wifes grandma just passed away around 6:30pm tonight. She was sickly but we didn't think that sick. And she was only around 65. So of course right away i call my mom up and she is 81 and lives in Mass. I live in PA to see how she is doing and give her the news. Boy it really makes you think we really don't have enough precious time to spend with the ones we love.
Unread 08-22-2007, 05:34 PM

Simply,
I am praying that you don' t need another surgery too. I, personally think that it is gas. I was having a lot of discomfort until a few days ago in my right side. It was a dull ache. Not as painful as the stabbing off/on during the day from the ovarian pain. Now that felt like someone was stabbing the ovary in the flesh with a #2 pencil. Anyway, since i have been doing #2 2+ times a day, it has diminished. Also, when I go and do some moderate walking it also helped. I still think we all have a long way to go. We are all afraid because it is the first and only time u lose your u, and all this drama going on with healing. Be blessed.
Unread 08-22-2007, 05:41 PM

Sorry for your lost, Law.

I don't know if anyone else keeps up with their fake period now, but it was hard enough for me to keep up when it came when it was the red sauce, as I call it. I got cramps today. Don't remember last month's since i stayed medicated most of the time shortly after surgery. I actually had that feeling you get right before your period. Not hard cramps, but just enough for me to check it out in the restroom a couple of times today. Panties were dry. Amazing, I looked in my planner and realized it would've come sometime this week. No wonder I was tripping with the dentist office about my son' s appt. Despite, fake menstrual or PMS, my boy didn't have to be told "It's going to be a LONG WAIT" considering I called an hour before he got there. I got these fake mental periods when I was pregnant too every month and not a drop of blood. Anyone else feeling this?
Unread 08-22-2007, 05:49 PM

Jennice, mine wasn't cramps, it was my boobs. o my gosh i swear they were swollen and even the nipples were killing me. And that never even happened when i did get my period. I'll have to see what happens next month. I really hope it doesn't happen all the time now.
Unread 08-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Complain, Complain

Keep complaining it is the only thing making me feel sane. I am ready to hit the panic button several times until I come in & read some of your complaints. Yes, I have them too, and I am glad I am not alone. Pains, & swelling, aching back, memory lapses, etc, etc....Please keep them coming, and I also love to hear when someone has a good day as it gives me HOPE. My 1st day (monday) was the pitts & it was only 4 hrs, yesterday & today I only worked about 2-3 & it was better but I do not feel "normal."

I keep wondering what is inside where there is a gaping hole? Maybe I lost an inch or 2.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register