Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 186 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Presouz, that would be an excellent question for a new thread, based on my experiences on this site. Maybe title it: How long HRT? or How old when you stopped HRT and then you will get LOTS of answers from people all over the site including outside this particular week of surgery.

I can't help otherwise. Good luck in finding the answer. I'm 55 and am not on any type of HRT and since I was post menopausal going into surgery, I don't think I will ever have HRT. But maybe there are lots of answers out on the site outside this strand.

Again, good luck..........have a good evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2007, 06:21 PM

Ok, on my way to make a new thread!! Thanks!!!
Unread 08-26-2007, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz

Ok ladies, I want to know.. just what is it about a certain age we get where the HRT is no longer needed? Does the body need to "prepare" for no hormone? I am confused!! I know a few ladies who are still on the HRT patches over 70 years old!? SO I am not sure what is up with that, one is a retired nurse.. any ideas why at 70+ year old would want to be on HRT still??
====================
HRT is supposed to help prevent osteoporosis, and that is why some women start it and continue it for many years. I hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2007, 06:47 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this wonderful site and I am hoping that we can help each other through this "wonderful' time. I had LSH (taking both ovaries) on 8-17-07 and ablation, D&C, and biopsy on 4-27-07. For the past two weeks or so I have had some pain a few inches below my left breast that comes and goes (and didn't have it previous to the hyst), anyone else had this? Also, I don't want to sound wimpy but I still can't wear zippered pants. I know that LSH should have a really short recovery time but really now - it will soon be six weeks and I am still getting really tired and still can't wear so many of my clothes. I haven't been able to do much of anything. I teach high school and went back to work last Monday - I was exhausted every day! Any encouraging words would be welcomed.
Unread 08-26-2007, 07:44 PM

Mylittle! HOW AWESOME you have the SAME PAIN below that left breast area. I've written about it several times in the 1,302 posts we of that week of surgery have posted for each other. It is weird, isn't it? It comes, goes, i've tried walking it out, resting, eating prior to walking, not eating prior to walking, and it does its own thing when it wants to. Knowing that I am not alone exactly in your description makes me think it is part of the healing. Earlier today in the posts we discussed heart attack symptoms, and I know it is not that. I also know I didn't have it prior to surgery. It is 'nice' to know you have it, too. I had TVH not LSH but still have both ovaries.

I am sure it could still be hard to zipper pants since your surgery was July 17. Mine was July 9 and it's just a week or two that most of the zipper pants fit. And I walked a good 10,000 steps a day since one week post op and chugged a lot of water to get even that far. It can take time for swelly belly to go down, even if not TAH from my own personal experience.

I teach at a college and start tomorrow w/the beginnings of 94 new faces and etc. so I am exhausted just thinking of it. I survived 'duty days' last week, but tomorrow the chaos begins in full. I'm also still not 'me'..... tried to listen to music in the car today and still can't stand it. Got thru some of the 'morning' paper by late afternoon. Still can't focus on t.v. much and used to love reality shows.

SO: hang in there, try to find times to rest amongst the work at school, chug a lot of water (I take two bottles filled from the tap from home now after not ever drinking hardly any at all) and know you are NOT alone. I've heard from some people it can take a year (horrors) to feel normal again but at least it makes me feel better knowing it.

I also have a horrid 'knot' below the right breast in my upper abdomen that drives me NUTS. I don't know what's 'in there' as I had no symptoms prior to surgery, and it bugs me a lot. On 8/31 I see my OB/surgeon and I am going to ask in all of his wisdom if he can tell me what that knot is. Is it stitches? Is it an ovary that suddenly ballooned to superwoman size? Is it overdoing it so I built up a bunch of scar tissue? who knows but it is as pesky and worrisome as that chest pain below the left breast. You are now officially my chest pain sister, mylittle!

p.s. re: HRT for bone strength. Hmmmmmmmm interesting. If I could do HRT instead of fosamax, that would be nice. I wonder if I should ask??

A good night to you ALL!
Unread 08-26-2007, 08:37 PM

debbiefej--did you have endometriosis? i am having that dull pain on the left side, around my side and my lower back----but ironically not when I am up and about, but when i am lying down sleeping for a few hours. My pain wakes me up at 5:30 the last few nights. Nothing seems to take it away. But when I take a hot shower and start getting busy with my day, the pain goes away. It is the strangest thing. And it is exactly what was happening before surgery which led me to have the surgery. ugh!
Unread 08-26-2007, 08:40 PM

Good luck to all the sisters returning to work tomorrow! take this advice: Find time to sit and rest!
Unread 08-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Good Luck ladies

Good luck to all of you returning back to work on Monday!

Talking about brain fog... i lost my car in the Walmart parking lot yesterday. I went to Sams first and then moved the car closer to the enterance of Walmart. I was almost in a pannic because I was in a hurry. Eventually I did find it after making a complete circle around the parking lot. I swear he took the brain out when he took the big ole uterus!

I am feeling the best that I have felt in weeks. I am getting plenty of rest...not dealing with as much of the hormone changes aany more. I still have my ovaries. The doctor told me on Friday that I need to see him again in 4 weeks. He said the infection set me back quite a bit. The only exercise he will allow me to do, is walk. But today is the best I have felt Don't get me wrong...I still do get knot/pains but they go away quickly and i usually can chalk them up to gas, twisting or over doing it. my bottom is still swullen and I notice the days I am moving around quit a bit it is worse. My DR reminded me again that it will take a full year before we are totally healed.

I do feel bad for those of you that are having problems. We all heal differently. We all have different demands, kids, grandkids, stress, tension and work expectations.

I hope you all have a wonderful, restfull night and a good Monday!!!

SM
Unread 08-27-2007, 05:13 AM

Okay my chatty sisters. Today I go back to school f.t. Wish me luck. I remembered to get the mail that I had not collected Saturday (so there I am traipsing to the mailbox at 5 a.m.....well, at least I didn't have to 'dress' for the occasion....no one else was walking across a parking lot at that time of the morning)........we had some thunder in the nite that scared me and it was so strong it knocked out the internet connection! Guess that power strip saved my computer. Now I'm multi tasking: eating cereal w/fruit (my standard a.m. breakfast), trying to read the paper, combing my hair, getting ready to make lunch........ oh, i remembered to take my bone meds, so that's a minor miracle. That pesky knot bugged me in the night but there's not a lot I can do about it. I can't figure out which of my three pairs of shoes to put on. Oh oh it's going to be a looong day. But yes, between the a.m. class and the p.m. class I will keep the ofc door open but SIT SIT SIT while the students file in w/concerns/questions/etc. And I have two bottles of water to take w/me. So..........good luck to me and yes, good luck to all who are starting back full time.

And then when I come home............dealing w/teen daughter (we are fighting over $$$$/homecoming dresses - i never went to those things in school----etc)...........and granddaughter who basically has no daycare this week so she will be crying on the phone..........and lots more storms promised later today and tonite in our area. I agree with the 'woooo wooooo' creature in the previous thread.........

HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS TO ALL MY SISTERS ON THIS CHAT............

I'll try to write tonite............if i can remember how to find the computer in the house........... E.
Unread 08-27-2007, 05:14 AM
good morning!!

Hi everyone, i just wanted to say hello before i set off for work. It's back to full time now. But still no heavy lifting over 20lbs. My light duty note is already faxed at work. ha ha. I wish it could stay that way for ever. But not reality. O well, to everyone who goes back to work or school today. Best of luck and please try to sit during the day. Whitch i will try to do myself. Keep healing. I'll be on tonight.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register