Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 194 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hey jennice, I still feel swollen too especially at night. I hope the doctor has called by now. you've been dealing with the BM issues for a bit now. Did you make any changes in your diet Jennice? I changed from regular milk to Soymilk and I've noticed some changes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 04:26 PM

Hey there Jennice! I was treated "normal" the minute I walked back into work. I think on the first day i was asked "how are you feeling?" and that was about it. Not a whole lot of sympathy or help other than from my grade level. I think it made my first week back so hard. It was exhausting with all the walking, pulling of doors, pushing chairs around, etc etc. The message I got from that experience was "once you're back, you're back" and thats it. Thats why i was telling Ele that we really have to make it a point to take care of ourselves, because nobody else will. So dont be sad about the tummy my friend, take care of yourself, its only been 6 or 7 weeks......that's nothing! They say it takes a year to feel all better. My tummy is still swollen, especially at night.
Unread 08-28-2007, 04:36 PM

Yes, Jennice: my tummy has always been 'big' if I let it hang out and I'm 5 ft 2 and 128 pounds so I try to eat well/control the weight/ walk (like you ladies didn't know I walk LOL)...and still have the big belly. The surgery was interesting in how it REALLY swelled up and stayed that way. Now it's much better in that most of my clothes fit but at nite it gets more swelly.

Everyone is right...........we have to pick ourselves up. It's really hard, though. I kept grabbing my knot on my right abdominal wall and rubbing. I teach 8:30-12:20 blocks T/H so I cannot eat until 12:45 or so after having breakfast so early. There is no time to eat on a break during classes. Nor drink water. Barely can find time to move from one room and building to the next. I switch rooms being a college teacher. I never have the same room twice..........well, maybe once every six years or so if I am lucky. Anyway, it's very hard, esp. w/the surgery. And carrying books and syllabi for two classes today I'm sure it was over 20 pounds the way it felt to me.

Jennice, chin up, I know it's hard. Don't feel fat. Feel beautiful and feel so much better because you had this surgery and you've been telling us that amongst the hard parts of convalescing you have also had some great moments compared to pre surgery. Maybe make a list of the blessings you got out of surgery and post the list at work so that it makes you happy when you feel down. I do that. I post lists of destressors and maybe a list of pre and post surgery benefits would be cool to hang in an inconspicuous place at work. It's an idea. Now, I'd make a list of how WONDERFUL i felt pre surgery and how YUKKY i feel now. LOL LOL LOL. That would not be good. I guess I need a reverse list, but I know you've been happy, Jennice. I bet you are a bit sad because DS is gone now to school, too. Could that be weighing on you? I know you liked having him there.

Well, I have to gather strength to finish laundry. Drove DD and friend to try and find homecoming dress w/absolutely no success in pouring rain. And now DD is gone to watch a friend's sister's volleyball game. And the mom who picked them up HOW EMBARRASSING for her to see the TORNADO that hit the INSIDE of this house. I muttered I'd had surgery..........there is stuff EVERYWHERE. absolutely everywhere. It is depressing.

Oh and lesson learned post surg. Do not let teens put bottles of milky substances w/taps only half screwed on so that when bottles tip they seep and spill and leak from top of fridge to bottom so that you go eeeeewwwww and have to take EVERYthing out and clean EVERYthing.

I did that, too, when I got home from school. And I still have to drive Dgd home to the 'hood'...........

I DO need to go to bed early; good idea, Phillipians. Let's see if i can get into bed by 9. My dream. And not have three loud teen ladies here keeping me up all nite.

Sweet dreams. Chin up, Jennice. You are beautiful and you are a great hystersister!

E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 04:38 PM

Jennice, don't fear my stomach still swells up every now and then to. Sometimes it's there all day long. I feel the same way like it never will go away. But i'm sure for both of us it will go bye byes. Simplyme- I'm sorry to hear you had to put your cat down. That is something none of us want to do but i'm sure most of us had to do at some point. Sorry again.
Unread 08-28-2007, 04:43 PM

Simplyme: sorry about the cat. That's a long time and a long relationship to be sure.

I never knew how some whiteboards are SOOO high up off the ground. Everyone must be so much taller than I am. And pulling down screens for 'smart' rooms w/computers to show students stuff........and had to call security to open one door this a.m. I tried and tried and probably ripped out any remaining anything in my body trying to open the door. Another employee couldn't either........and it took the security guy some time, too, but he made me feel like a wuss for not getting it open myself.

I posted on 'the other side' of our discussions, too..........have a good evening everyone. I'm still amidst laundry, my DD's friend's mom (she's a school board member for goodness sakes and saw SUCH a mess, SUCH a BIG mess in this little townhouse. It is SOOO embarrassing for me)...... when she came , how sad. And have to take little one back to the hood tonite when her mom (other DD) is off work tonite.

I wonder when I might plan my lessons for tomorrow. Hmmmmmmmmmm

E
Unread 08-28-2007, 04:49 PM

Simplyme, sorry about Bosey. It can't have been an easy decision. They are a part of our family. A few years ago our big "yaller" cat K.C. (12.5 lbs) got into some sort of poison and died under my side of the bed Christmas Eve morning. I cried all day ubtil my husband came home. He had told me we would bury him after he got home from work. I don't know which was harder, laying K.C. in the ground, or watching that big man cry. I still miss that cat. He would come bounding into the house and land on my belly if I was in the recliner. (Last few weeks that probably wouldn't have had a pleasant outcome.) Animals give love and ask for nothing in return except food , water, and a scratch behind the ear or a belly rub. I miss that cat.
Unread 08-28-2007, 04:51 PM

Ele. you sound like your a tiny person all the way around. Myself i'm 5ft7in. and probably weigh about 170lbs. The pds part is very depressing for me. I'm trying though. I'm sure though you must have some tall students in the class that would gladly help you in any way they could.
Unread 08-28-2007, 05:12 PM

Simply,
I too, want to offer my sympathy for your cat. I am sure that it is gonna be hard for you for a while.

Phil446,
Actually, BMs are better when I took some pepto pills on Sunday. I would still like to chat with him before I go and c my GI guy. My tummy is just so swollen and upset throughout the day. I go and it doesn't feel as bad as it did a few days ago. My mother tells me that it is temporary from the surgery. My sister tells me that it was the pain pills leaving my body. Everyone is trying to help, but I guess the dr. will call tomorrow. He gets so many calls from me, that it is prob annoying him. I still want to be safe. Oh yeah, no milk for me EVER! Every now/then if I eat cereal I will use lactaid or soy, but generally don't do cereal. My stomach isn't the best for the last 6-7 years. It did get better after the adhesion surgery and that is y I am worried. Maybe, I had adhesions on my bowel and some drs. don't want to mess with that. I also have some itching back there. Sounds like adhesions or infection to me. Pray no surgery.
Unread 08-28-2007, 05:12 PM

True, Law. I am always asking students for help and I stand on chairs a lot to grab hold of pull down cords that are wwaaaaaayyy above my head. The students are not used to me being late or being tired or complaining, though. I think I'm freaking them out! The whole college probably notices it. Ah, well, they will have to put up w/it.

Thanks for the hug. I always use quick reply so I have to just send the hug via words..........so hug back at ya.

I am like Jennice. I do not feel tiny. People say, 'you look thin,' and I'm my 5/2 when I stand up as straight as I can and at 128....well, I do not feel thin. I've always had that paunch, even in high school when I weighed 10 pounds less. It's true that after menopause the body changes big time in terms of trying to lose anyweight.

Fri. a.m. besides seeing the OB I will try to remember to go get my latest thyroid test and cholesterol. I've been on thyroid since my teens and as for the cholesterol, i always flirt w/meds. My thyroid meds are 'too high' LOL BIGTIME ON THAT ONE..... and so we are playing w/ideas re: that.

Again........hugs to you all.
Unread 08-28-2007, 05:15 PM

Jennice, did you see the idea i had on the other post op post re: making a list of all the happy aspects of having surgery/good things you do/ to post at work for when you feel down like you do tonite?

Take care. Hope you are feeling a bit better emotionally. It's hard, I know. I am honkerblonked at how I feel. I want to be the old me. The old me would be my own tornado and clean up this ever increasing mess. It's overwhelming right now. I still haven't vaccuumed since pre castle, so that's July 8. Oy oy oy. Sometimes i sit on the carpet and/or crawl and pick up stuff here and there. Pathetic! There are tons of stains anyway from people spilling all over. When DD leaves in four more years wait and see what I do to this place.

Later..................E>

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register