Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 200 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Moejodep just four hours of blocks T/H kill me. That's tomorrow again. It's nuts I do a two hour block in the a.m. M/W and then sit and rot until 3 but it's for the best, esp. right now. I'm glad you start p.t. and can work up to full. It's hard.

I Just walked one lap, one lousy half mile. Better than nothing, but man, I feel like a sloth. I'm slugging down canned iced tea and about to go grade papers. Oy oy. Again, a good nite to you all. Glad you are having a good week, Gemini. Enjoy that freedom while it lasts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 07:11 PM

I just squeezed in one lap in the very cool evening air. It is so refreshing before the heat returns. It has been a long hot summer and it's going to be ten to fifteen degrees hotter than normal next week for kids going to school, too. That's not gonna get them into the mood. I cramped a bit while walking, which is so weird these days after having felt so decent for so long. It absolutely must be related to the stress of being back at work and the politics/etc. that go w/it. I do love being in the classroom but the rest of it.....ugh. Stressy.

I will dream of the cool fresh evening air. Take care everyone....... E.
Unread 08-29-2007, 07:46 PM
resting

I did two miles today on the treadmill in the am. Then walked the dogs for another mile tonight. Got home and resting now with a swelly belly again.

My little aches and pains do not compare to the friend that underwent surgery on Friday. She is still in the castle. She still has the nasal gastric tube. Having fevers at night, tired, sore throat, got 2 units of blood today, hasn't had anything but icechips since Friday and is feeling the aches and pains at almost 1 week postop. She has been through the ringer. Please say a prayer for her

Rest up everyone! 's to all!
SM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Ovarian cancer???Simplyme

Simplyme: is that your friend w/the ovarian cancer who has been in since Friday w/nothing but ice chips and torture? Oh, I cannot even IMAGINE it. I really can't. When she gets out of the castle she needs to log in to the cancer side of hystersisters. She can find so much comfort/ support and info over there. I cannot even imagine it not one bit. I was sucking up ice chips like no tomorrow on just my second day. How could she survive seven days tomorrow with no food and just ice chips? She will waste away just being in the castle. Starving to death can give a lot of aches and pains on top of the surgical aches and pains. Do they give any nourishment at all thru the IV? How sad. Do you visit her? Well, I send hugs, truly, to her via you and to all of you on this thread tonight. Take care. I'm jealous re: your walking today.

Unread 08-29-2007, 09:38 PM

I walked the main street of a little Swedish community nearby with my DS (I had to sign papers to work with the virtual school there). He liked all of the little Dala horsies, so we had to check out all ten to fifteen of them on the sidewalks. We even found a miniature Dala horse to take home It was a nice walk, but the drive and the walk have taken their toll, and when we finally got home at 7:30, I went straight up to the bed and had DH bring my work laptop and printer into the bedroom to print copies I'd forgotten to make for myself (oh, what a loon I am...).

Yesterday I didn't take much pain medicine because I was too lazy, so I thought I was getting better, but today I felt like I was popping ibuprofen like candy (I wasn't, of course). I do agree that it's two steps forward, one step back.

Of course, it is nice to hear that some of you are healing nicely! Unfortunately, I've never been a fast healer--I'm a slow healer, kind of like a blue heeler, but a little different.
Unread 08-30-2007, 05:37 AM

Thanks Moe ~ They will be very understanding...It's only me and 2 other girls in our department...the rest is 3 shifts of all guys...so kinda fun cause we can be (or should I say WE ARE) the center of attraction LOL! We have alot of freedom and as long as we get our stuff done can work at our own pace, unlike the guys! Us 3 can even give or take of start/quit time and even breaklunch time as long as we get our 8 hrs. or more (if we want) in...it's a very nice place to work!

E ~ What time is your dr. appt. tomorrow...We are leaving til Sunday, possibly Monday, and I will have no internet where we're going...hoping I don't have to wait out your results with dr. til then...you better come straight home from your appt. and post LOL!!!

's to our "future sister-to-be" as she recovers at the castle...and many prayers she has a bright outcome!!!

To everyone else...hope you have a great day and hope everyone is looking forward to a long holiday weekend!

Take care ~ be strong!
Unread 08-30-2007, 07:02 AM
ovarian ca

Thanks E and the rest of hystersisterland for your support. I will send those on to my friend(new hystersister) when ever she is released!!! It does not look to be soon.
To answer your question E--I just assumed she is on some kind of nutritional support. They probably did not start it right away if she is because they are trying to get her to pass the gas. You know...one step at a time. She has lost the initital swelling from surgery. Her face and hands looked like the edema went down.EKG last night as her heartrate went up to 170.
She said she is so thirsty for a diet sierra mist. She got to have sips of water yesterday to take tylenol for the fever but that is it.
I can not imagine it either!!!!! She said she just wants to go home.
I believe prayer helps in great numbers.

I hope to get out walking again today. I just hate that 5 month pregnant feeling at night with the swelly belly. But i remind myslf really quick it could be so much worse. i am very lucky.

Have a great day sisters!Boy is life a journey!
Unread 08-30-2007, 07:09 AM

This is the 1st time I have been able to post since my surgery. I just went back to work & it is hard. Definitely miss the morning & afternoon naps. Didnt have any problems after surgery but during my 6 weeks off had an infection and then went back & the doctor found a hemorrhoid in my vagina. Has anyone ever heard of that? It has been somewhat painful and difficult to wipe. He just recommended that if it doesnt clear up in 2 weeks to come back in and he will take care of it again. I am just wondering if anyone has noticed missing their cervix? I had everything taken out. I did have problems with headaches but they have slowly diminished.
Unread 08-30-2007, 07:18 AM
ovarian ca

Everyday I feel a bit better. I did not take any advil yesterday!!! The only thing i deal with now is the swelly belly at the end of the day and that stupid botttom pain on the left side. My DD has had to take meds tho as she is following in my footsteps. Heavy periods, at all different times of the month, cramping, etc. the doctor has her on BC but she still is having breakthrough bleeding. it is her 2nd month with this brand,so we will leave it go one more month...

It is different having DS home. He has lived on his own for a year and a half. I hope things continue to go fine

It is a sunny day today. I pray for my dear sisters who helped me through the past 5 weeks(I did not find the site until 2 weeks postop) and for my friend with ovarian cancer who is still at the castle with complications from surgery. Please, she could use a few extra prayers!!!!!

SM
Unread 08-30-2007, 08:03 AM
Freedyread

Freedyread - Sorry I can't help you. Have you tried looking it up on this site, put the symptom in the search engine or try googling it.

Good luck!
Moe

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register