Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 201 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-30-2007, 08:28 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedyread
This is the 1st time I have been able to post since my surgery. I just went back to work & it is hard. Definitely miss the morning & afternoon naps. Didnt have any problems after surgery but during my 6 weeks off had an infection and then went back & the doctor found a hemorrhoid in my vagina. Has anyone ever heard of that? It has been somewhat painful and difficult to wipe. He just recommended that if it doesnt clear up in 2 weeks to come back in and he will take care of it again. I am just wondering if anyone has noticed missing their cervix? I had everything taken out. I did have problems with headaches but they have slowly diminished.
I have not heard of it but it would not surprise me. Did he use a different name for it, just so you would understand it better? There is something called a rectocele. Where the intestines drop down through the vagina. They call that a hernia sometimes.
Hope it feels better. I have got something that feels like a pulled muscle all the time on the left vaginal wall. I have to go back in 3 weeks from now to have him take another peek. i am 7 weeks postop tomorrow.

SM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 08:36 AM

Nope he just called it a hemorrhoid. He described it like a scab that wouldnt heal and he put something on it. Not to be gross but it kept oozing. Nothing like having surgery and still having to wear a pad. Still! On top of that he gave me Premarin because I am so dry. But he thinks that will clear up since he only gave me samples & said to use it every other day for 3 weeks. I'm guessing he thinks my drynes will clear up. I sure hope so! Plus I know other girls have complained about sleepnesses & I never had that before my surgery and I have that now.
Unread 08-30-2007, 08:43 AM

Simplyme-I will put your friend in my prayers..Poor thing do they know why her heart rate is so high?

I start work next wk I so can relate to the "safe spot".

Today I go with my friend for her Breast Biopsy. But to make things worse her OB/GYN called her late yesterday and told her she had an abnormal pelvic sono they want to do a hysteroscopy. She has fibroids and fluid in her endometrium.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Still healing....

I had my surgery July 9, son rolled his car July 11, while at hosp. ER, mother-in-law died. No rest..... so, I'm still healing at this stage. Doctor says that stress leaves a mark on the rate of recovery. Any advice for 8 weeks and still 'spotting'?
Unread 08-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Tube feeding

Simply, your friend would be receiving nutrition through her nasal gastric tube. That was info my DD was being tested on this summer for RD (registered dietician) they figure the formula based on BMI index and if tube can be tolorated through the nose or if it has to be inserted through the abdomen. So hopefully she will be improving even though it isn't much fun eating like that!! I feel so bad for her and wish her the best!!

E I hope your DR will tell you about exercising, I really want to work on the "Swelly Belly." Mine has never been this big. The cute tops that look like smocks look ridiculous on me because it makes me look PG.

Do you catch yourselves making weird noises at work? Everytime you feel that "pinch" and ache. I tell my fellow workers to expect my memory to be bad for a year and to please repeat everything!!
Unread 08-30-2007, 08:55 AM

Marillanna..so sorry to hear about all that is going on with your family. All on top of your healing. I will say a prayer for you. No spotting for me. I have not had any since I left the castle. Sending s your way.
Unread 08-30-2007, 09:06 AM
colonoscopy

Oh yuck and scary. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy next Thursday because they are not sure with what's going on. I think my dr. is concerned because the results of my C.T. said possible endo. I should be getting a prescription in the mail along with directions. Sounds like a 3 day affair prior to the test. They also put you on seditives and pain medication during the test. I am nervous. I do feel better though after the week of antibiotics. So I hope all is o.k.

E...went to the state fair yesterday. I made my DH take me because I have been so sad lately. Last year I would walk around the fair 10 hours this year I barely made it 3 hours before I wanted to go home. But it was a good stamina test, and I love the fair it did cheer me up . I was to start work on the 4th but because of this test I am begging to start one week later. I feel bad but I don't want to be working and fasting and not completely comfortable.
Unread 08-30-2007, 09:08 AM

Thanks, seems like this summer I need all the help I can get. I started walking slowly yesterday and it was glorious to be outside. Seems like all the muscles I had drained away!
Unread 08-30-2007, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setrimacoky
Simplyme-I will put your friend in my prayers..Poor thing do they know why her heart rate is so high?

I start work next wk I so can relate to the "safe spot".

Today I go with my friend for her Breast Biopsy. But to make things worse her OB/GYN called her late yesterday and told her she had an abnormal pelvic sono they want to do a hysteroscopy. She has fibroids and fluid in her endometrium.
Geez, I do not want to scare you but my friend had fluid in her abdomen and that is how they found the cancer. It had cancer cells in it.
i am so glad your friend is seeing a doctor right now and getting all of the "what ifs" out of the way.
You are such a good friend to her for your support. Keep up the great work, but take care of yourself as well!
Unread 08-30-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedyread
Nope he just called it a hemorrhoid. He described it like a scab that wouldnt heal and he put something on it. Not to be gross but it kept oozing. Nothing like having surgery and still having to wear a pad. Still! On top of that he gave me Premarin because I am so dry. But he thinks that will clear up since he only gave me samples & said to use it every other day for 3 weeks. I'm guessing he thinks my drynes will clear up. I sure hope so! Plus I know other girls have complained about sleepnesses & I never had that before my surgery and I have that now.
Was it silver nitrate that he used? To help the healing process along?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register