Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 231 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Okay Ladies,
I made it from 6-10:15pm @ kohls. I was in intimates (my dept). I am exhausted, but knew u guys were waiting up for me to check in.....smile

E,
Remember I told you that I took a typed list of symptoms, my previous surgery & MRI to give to him so we could cut to the chase. I had 18 symptoms on the list. Tonite, 4 & 17 were bothering me while I was on the floor. That is my legs and that right ovarian pain. HOwever, I got through it because I counted to 5 and said it was a phanthom ovary pain. It stopped hurting after a few of those postive thoughts. Now, the legs didn't. Probably because I still have them. I will try it again next saturday and will give it up if I have to. I mean, it is only 1 night anyway. But the discount is awesome 30% and sometimes 45% if we have associates weekend. Most people thought I was just on leave since I rarely work in the summer anyway with my FT job's 4 day work week. The manager that b-....., I mean, lady doesn't work with me that much. ANyway, it was her last day. She and I didn't get along and she was at it again, my first day. I told her that I didn't have the strength or energy to pick up bras off the floor. She asked did I want to get on the register and if I wanted to have light duties for a couple of wks. I refused. Was surprised she was that pleasant. She is transferring.
Also, another manager and a full timer in intimates (I didn't like either) just walked off after 9 yrs. She was an older lady. So there, you have it. I couldn't be on my feet all day this soon after surgery.

Oh yea, we have Vera WAng now and a couple of other new labels. Great fall fashion too. That is y it is hard to give up. I spend more than I make. A raise should be on my check too. I am up for about an hr if anyone wants to catch up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 06:28 AM
Cold Sunday

Hi, everyone.

Jennice, glad the Koh's stint worked out. I like the idea of making a list/counting/etc.

Last nite I went on a 'binge' w/food. I ate a bunch of junk.. like those 100 cal. packets of little cookies i buy DD and chocolate chips, etc. Ugh. I wasn't even hungry, just a tad frustrated w/life. Older DD drives me a bit daffy.

Today is Sunday School for teen. She hates it. However, she made a commitment back in 4th grade to follow thru, and so I continually remind her and off we will go in another 1.5 hours.

I hope to walk today as it is VERY cool/cold out. It's going into the 40's this week. From AC to furnace, I guess.

Yesterday I did an hour walk in the evening. Sometimes I felt the knot and I did as you suggested, Jennice... I counted. If it came and go I ignored it. I figured the binging might give me a clue as to whether it is truly intestinal/ bowel in origin or not. So far today I'm not doubled over in knots as of yet. And I went to the bathroom just fine this a.m. as always. I guess the body is just continuing to adjust to missing parts. I am still very very very VERY tired, too. Just tired. I have to push myself to move. ALL the time. I used to have so much more energy.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. I will be running around driving people here/there/everywhere and maybe get a chance to catch 'my man Tiger' on TV in the afternoon.

to you all as you continue to heal.
Unread 09-09-2007, 08:16 AM

Good morning everyone. It's already very hot and humid here in PA. I get the granddaughter in just a little bit. Her mom and dad are going to a wedding expo. They will be getting married this April coming up. I never thought my DS would ever get married. He's marring his childhood sweet heart. And they gave me a granddaughter out of it.

I'm glad you made it thru the night a kohl's Jennice. somedays i feel like i don't want to bend either. Tomorrow i'm off light duty. Hoping the boss still lets me gradually get back into lifting the stuff over 30lbs. Deliveries are always monday-wednesday. And there is only 3 of us there in the morning.

Everyone have a great day. Stay cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 09:08 AM

Good morning friends. I haven't checked in for a while but need to answer Ele re married men. I'm divorced, and have been for 11 years now, but have been seeing a married man for -- are you ready -- 22 years! (Do the math: yes, I was married when our affair began. He and my ex are friends.) We're crazy about each other but are really quite different and know we would drive each other nuts if we actually lived together. He lives in another city and we only see each other every couple of months. He called frequently while I was recuperating and can be very kind and thoughtful, but can also be very distant and cold...a troubled man. Still, it's good to know there's someone out there who cares for me and our relationship works in its own weird way. Your situation is different, though, Ele, and I wish you luck in dealing with it.
I spent yesterday doing a whole lot of nothing. I was so tired after a week of work that I promised myself a lazy weekend and so far have kept the promise.
Hugs to you all
Unread 09-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi there

Boy, what a weekend! my laptop died on Friday and calling HP to have it replaced has been a pain. So, I am trying to catch up on all the posts

My son turned 21 on Friday night and we spent from 1am til morning hours watching over him as he puts it"21 is stupid". i am a worry wort and a nurse so I got no sleep and had to teach a class by 8am. Yesterday for me was a blurr, but for the kid that was soooo sick on the night before...he was gone by the time I got home and was at the library studying!!!! How do they do it? I slept soooo good last night!!

E-I am so sorry you still are not feeling great. Geez, it could be so many different things. I know you are taking good care of your self and it is frustrating not to get back to normal sooner.

I seem to be doing better everyday. I still get swellybelly on some days. I still get tired some days. I still get twinges of pain occassionaly but all and all it seems to get better as everyday passes. My main issue right now is with my bowels and the hemmorroids. I DO believe the pain and bulging feeling I had on the bottom is related to the hemorrhoid issue. I am never constipated. Matter of fact it is the opposite lately. The only problem I had with costipation was the first BM and that was the worst i had ever been in my life.

My whole family is at the Pacer game. I am going to take a walk and get caught up on putzy stuff before the week comes again.
I will check in later!
Have a great Sunday sisters!

SM
Unread 09-09-2007, 10:53 AM

I guess that message of mine wasn't exactly a "post-recovery" chat, was it? Just felt the need to share...hope no one's annoyed.
Unread 09-09-2007, 11:01 AM

Law,
I don't think that u should be lifting 30lbs. I considered myself rather fit months before surgery. I stopped going about 4 mths prior to surgery because I was in too much pain. Prior to, I used to go the the YMCA 2X a wk and do some exercise tv/cable at home and I was still exhausted from K last night. 1 night is all I can do for now, if that. Please be careful. Just have more X, that might help.

Bopper,
Thanks for sharing. Is you guy still married? If so, how long do u plan to continue. U sound like a beautiful woman, and shouldn't be limiting yourself. Although, I agree with not living with someone part. This is my first time every living alone when my son is away at school. Don't need a man around him all the time and it also gives me somewhere to retreat when I go to his.

E,
Did the breathing/counting help. I personally still think it is you recovering just at a slower pace since u do so much. I am going walking in a few hrs since I was too exhausted to make it to church today. I am going to bible study on Wednesday though.
Unread 09-09-2007, 11:02 AM

It was fine while I was doing it... but I am sore today. But a good sore, ya know? I had forgotten how hot the room gets, I was SO sweaty! HAHA But so was everyone else so it was okay! Have you tried the DVD yet??? How was the bike ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
Hey Ginny, you read my mind> I was just going to email you asking about the yoga. Is it safe to begin? I will be 9 weeks on Monday. Let me know how it goes, ok? I'm telling you, the massage works!
Unread 09-09-2007, 11:09 AM

Bopper,
I still haven't done X yet either, but other things and that works for me. I am nervous, but not as nervous since LAW did it Friday and gave good reviews. My BF is big too. 220, 6'1 (just lost 10 lbs because I always say he is huge) and well endowed. So you can understand my hesitation. I got some KY gel on Friday just in case. Haven't used it yet. I really wanted astroglide that the sister's keep telling me about. Might not need anything, still have 1 ovary. I will look up the stuff you bought. Thanks.

Bsister,
I know how u feel. I am 5'2, 142lbs. I have tried it myself a few times. Maybe that will help.

THIS THREAD REALLY WILL CLOSE TONITE!
Unread 09-09-2007, 11:40 AM

back pain is becoming unbearable. I cant bend down to pick up anything off the floor, i feel it in both hips too, like i'm falling apart. its very hard to get up from a sitting position. is this going to be like this forever? why am i having so much pain?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register