Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 233 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Phillipians: I'd get in touch w/a doctor for sure. I can't imagine not bending over. My body is decripit but it's plugging along. I'm going to take it out for a walk............but that is a lot of pain for you. I am sending positive energy your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 01:19 PM

I'd check w/the doc, Phillipians! That back pain doesn't sound normal at all.

Bopper: amazing story about YOUR guy. Interesting to be sure. Heck, I'm always thinking about Hepburn and Tracy, though I don't want to be like they were.

Well, I'm going to try and walk for a little while. It's so beautiful out and not hot for once. Bye for now all of my sisters.

Oh, yes, Jennice: i try counting and slow breathing and within five or so the knots/etc. usually dissipate. So it's a good idea.

Take care everyone..............
Unread 09-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi SunnyBahrain

It's so nice to hear from you, Sunny, but sorry to hear you're still having problems. If I were you, I would definitely NOT fly without having a doctor check things out to make sure there's no blood clot. Good luck.

Jennice, yes, my BF is still married -- not happily, but I think that's more due to his own problems than anything else. Of course I'd like him to be single so that we didn't have to "sneak around", but there is no way a marriage to him would work so I can hardly ask him to give up his wife and potentially alienate his kids (they're grown up, but still....) How long will we keep seeing each other? Probably until we're too decrepit to travel However, once he's retired and no longer making business trips to my town I imagine things will taper off considerably. We're both in our mid-50s and sex isn't as important as it used to be, but we'll always be best friends. Thanks for not being judgmental.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 02:29 PM

I don't understand what's going on. For the last week, I have progressively gotten worse. My belly is swelling really bad again, my incision is very tender to the touch with half of it exceptionally tender and that same area feels like there is heavy scare tissue or something developing. Danny even felt it and said it didn't feel right to him. I'm exhausted again, the pain in my tummy is bad enough that I'm not moving any better that I was at about 4-5 weeks and the pressure in my bowels is unbearable at times even though no problems with bm's. Picked up the laundry basket yesterday and immediately had to put it back down, even my handbag is too heavy to carry again. I can't do things I was doing 3 weeks ago.

My boss even came in the other day and told me he doesn't want me there full time yet after talking to my co-manager. I started back half days 4 weeks ago for 2 weeks and was back FT, about 50 hours, which is normal work week for me, for the last 2.

Danny wants me to go back to the Dr. I'm not sure if I should see my regular Dr. who always has time to talk to me, and is a woman, or if I should go back to see the surgeon who doesn't seem to have time since he got paid from the insurance company and never really told me what to expect recovery wise and has really ever given clear instructions. Sorry for the long rant, I'm so fustrated right now.
Unread 09-09-2007, 03:45 PM

SunnyBahrain, Good to hear you ARE among the living! On the flight to the UK, do stretching exercises that you can do in your seat. Same with your arms. Get up periodicly to go to the restroom. Any thing to keep the blood moving.
Glad you will get the chance to see someone that speaks English. Although the Brits can be hard to hear on occasion too.
Unread 09-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Morti

I feel your pain. I was down all day yesterday with tender bowel pain. Like you said, I have NO OTHER ISSUES in that area. Normal BM everyday. I fact it has stopped me from eating because I don't want it to move. I have been using a heating pad and taking Advil. Also Peppermint tea helps stop the spastic movement in there so the pain slows down.

I think after the colonoscopy I had it made matters worse. It reactivated the pain that I had at the beginning. The doctor was nervous about doing it do to it being so soon after my hyster. and now I wish I had not done it. It hurts to even breath. Here I start work next week and now I have this new pain.

My joints ache too!! I don't know it it's from surgical menopause or what, but I hope I don't have to live on pain medication.
Unread 09-09-2007, 03:57 PM

Gemini3, I WANT WHAT YOU ARE TAKING!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-09-2007, 04:00 PM

Yes, Sunny, make sure you walk and flex and move and twist (ankle) that foot/leg a LOT on the airplane since you have throbbing.

If any area of the leg is red/hot to the touch, then do NOT go on the plane. Get thee to another castle immediately as that COULD be symptoms of a clot!

Glad you are otherwise doing well. Hugs to you!
Unread 09-09-2007, 06:23 PM

Yah Gemini i want whatever pill your taking.

I still get lower back pain every now and then but i also have sciatic on my right lower butt side. So when that flears up that really really hurts alot. so far so good though.

Jennice, I will try to do more lifting but alittle at a time. I can't afford to hurt myself right now. We have no insurance. Dh got a new job. And i don't get insurance where i work. I don't really think my boss will let me do a whole lot of lifting anyways. And O yah i don't think alot more X will help any but it can't hurt either. ha ha. Will do again tonight.

I hope everyone had a great day today.
Unread 09-09-2007, 06:44 PM

HERE HERE Gemini3, I second and triple that, I want what your taking?? What are you taking???? HRT that is.. Thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register