Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 242 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Simplyme: i will tell you a story. I have a coworker. Five years ago she was diagnosed w/Hodgkins. And she was stage four, the worst stage ever. She went over a year without diagnosis because she was a WOMAN and not a guy and her AGE wasn't 'in the right category' and so they missed and missed the diagnosis until it was the worst stage ever. It's a long story, but I won't go long. She ended up going w/a transplant of her own cells to try and 'fix' it so she could survive. She lost 1.5 or more years of work, she was only the second woman in this state to have her cell transplant to try and save her from this disease, etc. She was given 5 to 10 years to survive (which she hid from many of us at work). Well, she made it to five years just this summer and we were jubilant, but fearful....by now knowing that it could maybe be only five more years to go. And here is where i agree w/byfaith: now, this summer, she asked about having only five more years to go. She even cut down her percentage of work because now she wants to get serious about enjoying 'the end'.........and the doc says to her ya know what? I don't know, he says....you could live to seventy, he tells her, if you take good care of the body. She's still on lots of meds and the chemo burned out a bunch of 'systems' etc., but we are all SOOOO jubilant and she did beat the odds, she did survive, and so we will all say a prayer for your friend and who knows what the future will bring. Someone always beats the odds. I hope she is able to keep her spirits up and you are a good friend to her and hopefully she has lots of others pulling for her. Good luck. Tell her about my co-worker's Hodgkin's and how she was told 5-10........one never knows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2007, 07:37 PM

Good luck, Phillipians. I hope the C.S. is good and 'clean'..........
Unread 09-12-2007, 08:11 PM

Great story E and you and faith are right. Drs. are good, better than us and I think they think they are God's representative, but who knows. I prayed for her in bible study and for all of us.

Setrima,
Your son is a gift from God and I am sure u know that already. I don't kno what is wrong with my eye. It started itching around post op Week 3 and eventually turned red. I am so tired of going to drs. The GP said it is allergies and the optometrist said it is dry eye, but both said to use that expensive patanol. I am going to an optalmologist hopefully next week. My vision is fine. The optometrist did recommend some reading and computer glasses since I key yall all the time in the evening and work on the computer in the day time. I think that it is mainly cosmetic. I read that dry eye could be related to hormones (if I have any left)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2007, 08:24 PM

Yeah, Phil that chalky stuff has become my second food in the last couple months.

I will keep you in my prayers.
Unread 09-13-2007, 02:57 PM

Good afternoon ladies, today at work went better. We are still down 4ladies in the cafeteria. But today was stromboli day and we start making them from scratch on monday. We made 660 of them and only had 23 left. The kids by doubles and triples of them. It is funny some of the kids are small where do they put all this food. ha ha Anyways since most of the food was already made ahead of time today went alot easier. Except now my throat hurts. These allergies are gonna kill me someday. But so far no swelly belly. I signed up for the flu shot this year, i forgot to get it last season and i got so sick like 3 times i got the flu. NOT this year, ain't gonna happen.
Unread 09-13-2007, 03:50 PM

This thread still going. How is everyone feeling this evening? I am going out to happy hour at 7, if I can get the energy.

I prayed last night for Simply's friend and for all of us. I know that we are still having some kind of health problems. Like me and my red eye. I am awaiting more results from the dr. I hear that random red eyes are sometimes an underlying illness like lupus, arthritis, diabetes, high BP which I know the last 2 are good.
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm alive....

I'm alive, but have 18+18+23+20 papers to grade by Monday. Thus, it will be a VERY tiring weekend w/me under a load of essays. I grade too slowly. It's exhausting. My little knot on the right side is still bugging me. And I am still quite forgetful (went 3 times back to the ofc to get my bag because I forgot what i wanted the first 2 times...)....

A good evening to you all.
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:30 PM
support

Thank you for all the words of support! We also have a story in my family that proves doctors are not God. My own Grandmother was diagnosed with lymphoma in her 30's. She had breast cancer and colon cancer. They gave her a few years at best when she was first diagnosed. Lived until she was 80.
She died of congestive heart failure.

She has a very good outlook and while she can't beat it she is going to put up a good fight. Who knows.

she came home today. So i am sure she is loving being at home after almost 3 weeks in the hospital!

I will chat later!

SM
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:58 PM

I read that dry eye could be related to hormones (if I have any left)[/quote]

Yes, Jennice, when I got into my late 40s I had to stop wearing contacts because my eyes were too dry. Same for a friend of mine. I'm so glad they have stylish glasses these days
Unread 09-13-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennice41
This thread still going. How is everyone feeling this evening? I am going out to happy hour at 7, if I can get the energy.

I prayed last night for Simply's friend and for all of us. I know that we are still having some kind of health problems. Like me and my red eye. I am awaiting more results from the dr. I hear that random red eyes are sometimes an underlying illness like lupus, arthritis, diabetes, high BP which I know the last 2 are good.
Jennice this thread will be open until sunday at midnight. Then it should close.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register