Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 249 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi once again before I go grade some more. My 9 yr old granddaughter has a mommy who is only 28 (barely).... so it's kind of the same situation as you described, Law. I'm kind of second mom to granddaughter..........bec. we are all single moms in the family (well, my DD and me, anyway and my mom was until she found her rich second husband, my nice step dad).... anyway, glad to hear it's going okay for you all in spite of the little setbacks and bumps along the way. Speaking of weight I ate waaaaaaaaaaaay too much tonight. Stress.

Gotta go grade. And DD (teen) is fed up w/me for various reasons. I can't wait to go to bed, not that I get much sleep!

Hugs to you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2007, 08:25 PM

Law, you lift all of that weight and wonder why you're still spotting???? I still have problems lifting the 35 pound smallish child of mine.

I talked with a woman at church who told me life does get easier and better eventually...we just have to be patient. I don't think I'm very good at that!!
Unread 09-20-2007, 04:53 AM

Yesterday at my college, I heard someone 'breaking open the wrapper' on a pad/tampon and I had to restrain myself from yelling over the wall, 'Been there, done that, and hoping NEVER doing that again!"

A good Thursday to you all. I am behind schedule already and it's only 5:53 a.m.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2007, 07:48 AM

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Elephante, that is SO FUNNY!!!!
I am at work LMAO. That made my day. I wonder did people hear me when I was going in there 2X a month. Yell, over the wall. You are a trip!

Knittin & Law,
I don't see how either one of you are able to lift. I still have trouble lifting anything. Just started lifting the vacuum a couple of wks ago and only did that 2X.
Knittin, is that your only child?
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:15 AM
checking in

Hi gals,
I do not have a computer upstairs yet as my laptop is still being serviced. I don't use the main computer much as it is in our 2 nd family room downstairs and if I sit at it....I do not get anything done!!!!

I am doing pretty good. Tomorrow I will be at 10 weeks and have yet another appointment with my surgeon. I still have issues with bottom pain but it is getting better. i really think it is associated with the hemmeys

Yesterday I had a few sharp knife like pains on both sides very low like where the uterus used to be. I did alot more tho too yesterday and am thinking it was my body yelling at me. i had them when i went to bed also which I have not had since the week of surgery.

otherwise I am becoming very active. Attending fitness classes and only doing things in moderation. I have found my yoga classes, in which I am certified, to be a great help.
I do not do any ab excercises yet, but some of the movements in class are using our ab muscles so i can feel that.

I noticed I check in for the night much earlier than I used to.

I hope all is good with everyone. E- I am so sorry you are so tired. I would be if I had your schedule also!!!!!

Good day to all!

SM
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:29 PM

Well ladies, I only pulled off a 6 hour day on my feet today. Having upper back issues today along with sharp pain on and off in different areas. Can't wait till it all stops!

Does anyone else have trouble STILL sleeping?? I am having to take generic ambein I fall asleep right away but after 3 or 4 hours I wake up and can't fall back to sleep.

Also sense of smell I have always had a keen sense of smell but lately when I smell something NOT GOOD (STINKY) I almost throw up I can't take it. Stuff like bad breath, underarm stuff, feet. It's weird it's like I have a heighten sense of smell. Is that strange??? Maybe it's our new staff. Oh man! Can't work like that. Pretty on the outside BUT STINKY ON THE INSIDE...
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:37 PM

I am so glad that someone else is having trouble sleeping. I told my doctor that and he told me that I was stressing out about my mother. (She has Stage III ovarian cancer.) I wake up and cant go back to sleep. What is the generic Ambien? I have taken Tylenol PM but it makes me so groggy that I cant function. I ended up sleeping half the day away when I take it. So I try to take it only on the weekends.
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:58 PM

Yes, he's my little blessing, and I only pick him up when necessary, which breaks his little heart. It took a year and a half and a miscarriage to get him, and then we tried almost 3 years for another before I decided the physical pain was too much. Now we're looking towards adoption. And my son is as spoiled as he can be on two teachers' salaries!

Also, sleep is still an issue for me, and I do that thing where I wake up at 4, play on the computer for awhile, and sleep late when I finally do get back to sleep. And no matter how tired I am, I can't get to sleep until 1 or so anyway even with the meds...

I am glad to hear about those of you who are sleeping and doing well at work.
Unread 09-20-2007, 03:41 PM

Regarding Sleep:
I have been sleeping better than I have in over a year. I don't know if it is the surgery or if it is because I stopped the caffeine just about. I have 1 cup of lipton tea in the morning and that is it. No more coffee or diet pepsi. Watch your caffeine intact and see if that helps you guys. I am having a good swelly belly day today.
Unread 09-20-2007, 06:52 PM

Jennice, for me i really don't have a choice but to lift. That is part of my job. The lightest thing we may have in the kitchen may be about 10lbs. But i do most of the cooking so my stuff is pretty heavy. But it doesn't really bother me much, I lift with my leg muscles not my back or stomach. I through my back out once and don't ever want to do that again. I guess you just get used to it. It's at least excercise for me since i don't do any other form of exercise. I know i should but i don't. Anyways the spotting has stopped. Let's hope for good now. Thanks for caring though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register