Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 272 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 10-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Wow what a savings! I do have RX that is included in my medical insurance. It cost me about $45.00 for the Ambien with my insurance covering some of it. It would not cover the Lunesta so the cost for that for one month was $130.00. BUT IT WORKED SO GOOD FOR ME! I wonder if the hystersister RX would work for me in some way I'll check around on the site and see if I find anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz
byfaith.... I have medical insurance but not Rx insurance so my ambien was 83.00 for one month was Lunesta more? If I use the Rx card the Hystersister gives out on this site its only 50.00... big savings!! I have had the script for a month and still have about 10 left because I take antivan too for anxiety so if I take that I wont take any ambien that night, worried about mixing them. Until my surgery I had not slept through the night for almost 4 years!! My first few weeks of recovery, I was under meds and I did have a few FULL NIGHTS of sleep, man that felt good! That soon stopped at the 3rd week of recovery... NOW I think I have a UTI that has yet to leave me for the past 6 weeks, even though I have been tested TWICE they say there is bacteria but not enough with in limits? I was on meds before surgery and after surgery for a UTI so I know what is happening.. WOW I know my body, I now have urge happening, I KNOW I have a UTI and bought an AZO UTI tester at the drug store, and yep, I have a UTI, the test strip turned dark purple! SO I called the doc again, took a test for her today, well see what the lab says this time! She says if this is neg then she will have to have me in for a check up, I did have Burch bladder surgery with my TAH/BSO hope it has no bearing on that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2007, 12:31 PM

Wow Presouz I picked up my prescription Zolpidem (generic for Ambien) yesterday and instead of $48.00 it was $27.39 all by using the Hyster RX card. :wowee: That was a great savings. I am going to use it on my estrogen and my lisinopril too.

Thanks bunches
Unread 10-21-2007, 01:11 PM

GREAT byfaith!!!!!! I sure wish I lived in Minnesota, here in California at walmart my Zolpidem is 83.00 with my Hyster Rx card it was 50.00.. wondering if I could buy my meds out of state heh.. heh.. Thanks for the update! I am all for saving money.. GOOD LUCK!!! I really like my Zolpidem its sure helps me sleep.. has it started working better for you yet??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2007, 01:36 PM

It seems to work best if I do take it right as I lay down. My problem is it's hard to stay asleep. Some days are better then others. How long have you been on it?

I was so excited for that savings. My DH was with me and I handed her the printed card and just said can I use this too? She looked at it and said let me see. Then she just came back to me with the new price. My DH eyes got all big It's bad enough we have to start taking pills for things but then the cost to top it off. It reminds you of how much these pharmaceutical companies make $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz
GREAT byfaith!!!!!! I sure wish I lived in Minnesota, here in California at walmart my Zolpidem is 83.00 with my Hyster Rx card it was 50.00.. wondering if I could buy my meds out of state heh.. heh.. Thanks for the update! I am all for saving money.. GOOD LUCK!!! I really like my Zolpidem its sure helps me sleep.. has it started working better for you yet??
Unread 10-21-2007, 04:29 PM

Let me see, I have been taking them about 4-5 times a week for 5 weeks.. I would take it daily but if I forget and its past 10 pm I wont take it cuz I have to get up at 6 -630 they say give yourself a good 8 hours to sleep, plus I had a sore knee and if I took a vico I didnt want to mix meds you know? I really like it... So happy you saved money!! I LOVE IT
Unread 10-22-2007, 06:33 AM

Byfaith & Presouz,
Great on the money saver! How is the BP?

Ladies,
I have been thinking about this estrogen thing. Do u take the pill or the cream? I have particular been thinking about the cream. Figured it will help my X drive. I mean, it is pretty good, just not as good and it is much drier. So I read about vaginal cream. It is supposed to be a little more local than the pill. Just wanted to have some advice on it. Can I even take it with one ovary? Of course, I will go to the dr. Have to anyway for the prescrip? I just don't want to c a dr. until the first of the year. I have been through enough.
Unread 10-22-2007, 10:18 AM

Jenice, good question I don't want to go to DR either. In fact I don't want to call either. The person responding is 20 something & they are questions I don't want to ask on the phone!!!! Then wait for them to call back, & when they do I am at work. It is a cat & mouse game. I need more in the face time with prob a woman Dr or I may even go to a nurse practioner that works in another office I've heard is good. She is more my age. I just don't want any more DR's right now & my problems are not life threatening. X, libido, dryness, belly bulge, belly numbness, aching hips, groin pains. Sound fun eh? I think I should be on ostio meds too. I still wake in the night as well but, I don't have BP problems. That is one thing that is very serious!! you guys take care of that!!!
Unread 10-22-2007, 11:32 AM

Bsister,
My problems are def not life threatening either and I do feel like 70% better than before surgery. My little complaints are: vag dryness, X drive, a little rectal discomfort now/then & belly bulge. That still beats the list of 18 before surgery. Now, I have 4. So I can wait till the end of the year.
Unread 10-22-2007, 11:45 AM

I am using a very low does hormone patch, I cant take the pills due to my triglycerides are high. The patch is suppose to work for a week but it comes off after 3-4 days.. and I suspect it makes my BP higher when I take it, I will buy a BP home monitor to keep track. Its fine one week and the next its up..seems weird.. anyone else?
Unread 10-22-2007, 04:58 PM

I am on BP meds. BP went up a couple weeks before surgery. Even now on BP meds it is good for awhile and then it shoots up depending on what's going on in my life. I think once I get comfortable in my new job I will recheck everything. My DH was told that the BP monitor for at home is not accurate so he told him not to purchase it for me. Anyone else hear that??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register