Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-20-2007, 01:01 AM
Staples are out...

hi, i posted a few days ago...

had everything out on july 12th.

today is my birthday (the 19th)

and i had to go and get my staples removed. all 23 and 3 sutures. they put another dressing on, and i have to go back on saturday to get it checked.

besides taking it slow, cause of internal and external pain, things are getting better.
i was not given any prescriptions so only advil and tylenol...

but, laughing has become a problem... for some reason, i am laughing at things i never used to laugh at bfore.. my hubby is funny too, and sometimes i cant even just look at him.. it hurts to laugh.. lol... the laugh metre in this house is still at the low end...

i was so depressed befoe all this srugery... and now i cant stop laughing at things... i am also, not dwelling on what i am going thru, or i will get depressed ... we have no kids, a struggle for 16 years... so this was very hard.

pathology will have results in a couple weeks, so we are believing that the cancer was contained, and has not spread.

well, i know one thing, i am planning to allow a party for me, later in the month, with lotsa presents... but, it cant happen, until i can laugh!!! hehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 02:23 AM
pain

I am 8 days post op and have been feeling pretty good for the most part my ds and mother have been taking excellent care of me. this am i woke with a new pain in my belly just above my pubic bone it has been nagging all day. i have been keeping good track of my temp since i got home and it runs just about normal all the time until the last 2 times i have taken it its only 99.5 is that something i should worry about. the pain is not unbearable i am going to have to take some pain meds to go to sleep tonight. anyone with any suggestions. im thinking i should see how i feel and call the dr in the morning if things get worse.
Unread 07-20-2007, 04:24 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafirah12
hi, i posted a few days ago...

had everything out on july 12th.

today is my birthday (the 19th)

and i had to go and get my staples removed. all 23 and 3 sutures. they put another dressing on, and i have to go back on saturday to get it checked.

besides taking it slow, cause of internal and external pain, things are getting better.
i was not given any prescriptions so only advil and tylenol...

but, laughing has become a problem... for some reason, i am laughing at things i never used to laugh at bfore.. my hubby is funny too, and sometimes i cant even just look at him.. it hurts to laugh.. lol... the laugh metre in this house is still at the low end...

i was so depressed befoe all this srugery... and now i cant stop laughing at things... i am also, not dwelling on what i am going thru, or i will get depressed ... we have no kids, a struggle for 16 years... so this was very hard.

pathology will have results in a couple weeks, so we are believing that the cancer was contained, and has not spread.

well, i know one thing, i am planning to allow a party for me, later in the month, with lotsa presents... but, it cant happen, until i can laugh!!! hehe
Happy birthday!!! It's never how many, but how happy and hopefully you will have a smooth and comlete recovery because I'm sure you have a lot of dancing and smiling and living left in you! This is just a bump on the road to welness... lots of friends to talk to here and we are all over the world. I'm in Italy.

Happy birthday and many healing wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 04:35 AM
Baby steps, Carla... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaT0211
I had my surgery on July 9 (TAH/BSO and they also found that I had a bad case of endometriosis with my uterus attached to my bladder, sigmoid colon and rectum. There was also trouble waking me up after the anethesia. I was kept in the hospital until the afternoon of July 16......with a walker. I was unable to eat solid food ...or even much liquid for 4 days...then was switched to creamy liquids and then soft bland. Finally had solid food a week after my surgery. I also have fibromyalgia and the dr feels that is what impeded my being able to walk without support. The dr and nurses were wonderful....and kept me as pain free as possible....first with Mopphine and Toradol...then later to Vicodin and Motrin 800 mg. (Motrin then had to be stopped due to rise in my creatin levels...kinda scared the dr.) and I am now home and on 1-2 Vicodin every 4 hours, Flexeril (1/2 tab every 8 hours), Colase, and Zofran (for nausea). I think I am doing well,,,,walkin as much as I can tolerate and getting stronger feeling every day.
This is my first time back at the puter since my surgery. Taking baby steps and really happy that I had the surgery..dr says he is 95% sure that the endometriosis was the cause of all my pain!!
Good luck to all.
Carla, glad the docs kept you in a little longer in the hospital where you had the chance to get a bit stronger after your surgery. I read of plenty of hyster sisters who are discharged quickly after their operation and I worry they may not be able to recover as rapidly as the ones who had a couple of extra days (100% rest in the hospital even though the nurses have to check your vitals every so often). I found that going up the stairs at home and getting up from the bed has probably caused some internal bruising that is heinously apparent on the left side of my incision. So, if you can, take it as slow as possible... even what you think may be easy (how hard can it be to go up 11 steps one step at a time?) can actually interfere with your healing. Baby steps and pamper the Princess!
Unread 07-20-2007, 04:38 AM

Hi to everyone, just had a good read through all the mails and we all seem to be progressing so differently don't we?

I am pleased to say pain is so much less today and feeling much better, I feel sure I had pulled something as oppose to infection, thank goodness. So, I haven't take the meds, or the vaginal cream. I did speak to a medical professional in UK yesterday and they were quite horrified at what my Consultant here had prescribed, it was serious heavy duty stuff and hopefully not necessary.

I have heard there is a Malaysian gynae doing the locum work for my Consultant and speaks good English so I may just pop to the hospital tomorrow to get a check up and see what she says.

My husband is being great and really looking after me. As well as 2 close friends who are in daily and cooking and shopping for us, thats the great thing with expat life you do make such good friends that become your family. I am truly so lucky with my friends. We don 't have children, I lost my beloved parents and have no siblings so my friends literally are my family and couldn't wish for better.

The walking sounds great, wow what energy!!! I am impressed.

I meant to say that I had the path report back and in her limited English the Consultant just summed it up and said quote 'Cancer none' so thats great news!

Its the weekend here, so planning a lazy day watching movies on sofa and then maybe a drive out later feel as if I want to see the outside world!!

Thanks to everyone for all your support...this web site is truly the greatest and helps us all so much I feel.

Hugs to you all, and speak later xxxxx
Unread 07-20-2007, 04:45 AM
CELEBRATE your GREAT PATH report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurrydog
Greetings Ladies!
My schedule is a bit off and I am not waking up until 1:30 in the afternoon so I miss most of the early morning discussion. I was a little sore today and the "ledge" was back with a vengeance because I went out to dinner with a friend and sat in a chair for like 5 hours. Didn't overdo, just a little sore.

I wish I could send my MD to SunnyBahrain and get her feeling better. It's hard to hurt but it's even harder when you don't know why Best wishes Sunny.

My DH and DD are being very cool. If I ask for things they do them, otherwise...it's hit and miss. My philosophy about that is that we ladies have been doing such an excellent job of taking care of everyone for so long that we make it look effortless and therefore, they have no idea how much work we have been doing all these years. They HAVE taken excellent care of me and have also tolerated not having much fun for the last 11 days.

I called to get my path report today and it was clear - just fibroids and a cyst.

I am off to get a haircut with DH driving me. I hope I can tolerate sitting in that chair long enough. Then it's back here to lie down and heal some more. More Kudos to elefante for her walking - I can do the stairs but flat walking makes me feel like everything is about to fall out I'll work on that more starting Monday, my 2-week anniv. Yea!

Take care today!
H
Hurrydog,

I'm so happy to hear about your clean path report! I should get mine on 23 July and I hope it will be as good as yours

It sounds like you have a beautiful family who is really behind you and this is absolutely fabulous for your physical and emotional healing. The worse is over, before you know it you'll have your dancing shoes on again!
Unread 07-20-2007, 05:40 AM
SunnyBahrain Doing Better!

Feel like my prayers have been answered...Have been praying for Sunnybahrain since her post about all her complications.. Wanted to go the NYC and take my Dr. by the hand and get on a plane over to her so he could take care of her! But instead I prayed thankfully and now she posts that she's improved...Thank God!

Friends are absolutely a blessing and so glad there are people there taking good care of you.
Let us all know if you go to the hosp. and see that Dr.

I hope I can speak for every Sister on this site when I say "So incredibly Happy for SunnyBahrain"!!!!!
Unread 07-20-2007, 06:23 AM

SunnyB. ~ I as well have been worried about you! So glad you had a better day and trust each and every one will continue...it takes time but you WILL heal! <HUGS>
Unread 07-20-2007, 06:37 AM

I went in last Thursday - the 12 th for my LAVH and removal of pelvic varicose veins, and came home on Saturday - the 14th. (They were afraid I had internal bleeding because I couldn't maintain my blood oxegyn level without the mask.) Anyway - I have had a hard time because I reacted to the ibuprofen...lots of nausea and diahrrea - which is exactly what you want when it hurts to breathe!! Anyway - it's been 36 hours since I took any ibuprofen and I'm feeling MUCH better!! I was finally able to make my own coffee this morning and help my son start some laundry. My only concern now is that I had hot flashes last night (I think) but they left both ovaries so I was hoping to avoid hormonal symptoms. Is that normal?! I'm only 33 and I'm not ready to be in menopause!
Unread 07-20-2007, 06:40 AM

Boweazel...I'm too old and post menopause to help w/your questions, but I want to say welcome home and glad to know that little by little you feel a tad better...sorry the ibuprophen doesn't work for you but that you know it and are better without it. Take care. Go slow today. It sounds like your body really needs to rest to heal. Hugs and positive thoughts from my home to yours...............E>

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register