Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 292 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 04-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Phil,
I was so glad to see all of you guys. I thought everyone was back to 100% and moved on with there lives. I truly believe that I can be 100% again and I am praying on it. I still am not on anything either, but I do have that left ovary. However, I am pretty sure it is dead. I am able to wear my clothes before surgery as well, but sometimes, they can get a little tight through the day on times. I went to see my surgeon a couple of wks ago, and his whole attitude is like, "Now what". I am so sorry that I didn't have my regular surgeon hook me up, but he didn't know how to do the LSH. I now have researched that adhesion sufferers may or may not get the LSH. No matter how much you research, it is always something overlooked. I go to my regular GYN in May. I am glad that we are together again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2008, 07:36 PM

I am so excited to get my emails again on my aol "inbox" and recognize all of your names! its like I know all of you guys and I've missed hearing from you so much! Jennice, having the laparascopic hyster was the best thing that could have happened to me since I didnt have the huge incision, but definitely dealing with instant menopause has not been easy....for me it was the muscle and joint pain i couldnt deal with. This is my 4th month on the hormone patch and I feel really good aside from the bloating. You are lucky that you havent had to get on anything yet.

Bsister4--Is the osteo due to now being in menopause after the surgery or was that already coming along? I have those tugs/twinges that you're talking about by the way. I always start to worry thinking that my endo might be back. maybe its normal to have the twinges?

Presouz--lets pray about the nodules. I'm sure it will be nothing. my good friend has had the same thing happening for a few years now and they just monitor the nodules. i dont believe she is on any medication for them either. her labs for thyroid have been normal too.

So is anyone bloated all the time on their hormone patch?
Unread 04-17-2008, 07:54 PM

Thanks Phillipians446, I have prayed and will continue too!! thanks for the prayers.. My sister had one that got really big and she had her thyroid zapped and is on meds now for about 5 years now? she is 13 months younger than I am.. for her to deal with her thyroid and peri menopause together? OH MY GOSH.. poor thing!

I used patches for a few weeks but they broke my skin out so I had to switch to oral.. taking estratest seems to work ok, I am bloated every where ha ha ha.. hate it!!!

GOOD TO BE BACK!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2008, 06:31 PM

Hi everyone,
I sure would like to hear from byfaith. What you up to presouz and Phil446? I go for my colonoscopy on Tuesday, just as a precaution. I start my bowel prep tomorrow (YUCK) I will let you know what happens.
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Vitamin D deficient depression? Unable to sleep? aches and pains? Can it affect hormo

Sisters I read all the time how some of us suffer from things below. I wanted to share with you all this.. If it helps ONE Person, I will be thankful!!

I just found out Thursday I am vitamin D deficient, I got a copy of my blood work when I went to my thyroid scan which is twice the size it should be and has several nodules, one that is in need of a biopsy. Wondering if this could have been a cause or helped leading to it? I don't see the doctor for follow up till next week but..

I read Vitamin D deficiency may cause muscle pain, low energy and fatigue which I have had for 2 years!! Plus weak bones which can lead to fractures, lowered immunity, and I wonder if my skin problems are linked to this too? I was also shocked to see that depression and mood swings, and sleep irregularities, intestinal problems (such as IBS or Crohns disease) may be a vitamin D deficiency. All of this are things that have racked me for years starting with my low energy. Then I read that Vitamin D and menopause and osteoporosis can all go hand in hand.

Why didnt my doctor check for this years ago? I went to her begging for help for YEARS!!! She told me to go see a shrink.. OMG, man some doctors!! I am so happy I switched doctors. Took me 7 years, but I finally did after I found out she miss read my prolapse issues for years that caused me so much pain. I read also being deficient can cause some diseases too! HOW LONG HAVE I suffered? I hope it didnt cause any irreversible damage.

I urge anyone with symptoms to get tested!! And those who are doing routine blood work, ask for this test to be added on! I read as we age, especially over 50 our bodies slowly lose the ability to mobilize vitamin D, a process that lowers our calcium absorption rates. Which creates a higher risk of osteoporosis, particularly in post-menopausal women LIKE US!!!

Also they are not sure how sex hormones affect vitamin D conversion, but women seem to have a harder time stimulating the mechanism that builds bone tissue when their estrogen levels are reduced.

I also read a diet rich in calcium and vitamin D can help control some symptoms of PMS, like tearfulness, anxiety, and irritability wish I knew that before!! I am sure it will help my teenager, I am going to make sure she has her vitamins and calcium at least 5 days of the week, she always forgets and plays it off as oh well.

Thanks for letting me vent, I cant believe after all my searching for answers, it may have been as simple as this?!!! I did a search on hystersisters and read some really great stuff. I also did a search on google.com and learned a lot! Funny thing, my mom just found out the day before I did she had the same Vitamin D deficiency we just talked about it today. I pray taking supplements as guided by her doctor helps her. I started taking a supplement today too, I hope that is OK with my doctor... I am at a 25 when I should be up to a 100. Anyone else have this happen to them?

SIDE NOTE! Some people who think they have fibromyalgia could really just have a lack of Vitamin D! I have a great PDF file I can send you just for the asking..
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:38 PM

I had the biopsy done yesterday, it was of the MOST PAINFUL things I have EVER had done!!!! I still shiver at the thought of it. OMG!
Unread 05-10-2008, 06:42 PM

presouz, tell me again about your biopsy. why did you need one? how is it going on the vitamin D supplement?
Unread 05-14-2008, 07:09 PM

Hi Phil!! I am taking Vit D sup from the Dr. once a week for eight weeks.. I have nodules on my enlarged thyroid and one was large enough to biopsy. BUT THE TISSUE sample that dr took was not good enough to give a full OK so I need one more in 4-6 months IM FREAKING, my dr told me that is shouldn't have HURT THAT MUCH! I will not be going back to that same biopsy dr for sure!!! Its been a week tomorrow I still have pain deep inside my throat, I shiver when I think of the test OMG..
How are you Phil?
Unread 05-14-2008, 07:36 PM

wow, i feel your pain just from reading! I hope it turns out to be okay for you. keep me posted! I was doing great on the generic patch for Climara but the last two weeks or so i am finding myself on this site searching for answers again. i have pain on my left side that radiates towards my back and it feels a little familiar, its a dull pain that isnt going away. I dont know what to think? i keep reading about adhesion pain? recurring endo? ahhh i have no clue.
Unread 05-14-2008, 08:06 PM

Oh Phil!! I am so sorry!! Have you been sitting more? driving more? or at work in a different chair? Does mortin help? I hope you find answers, I was so lucky I didnt have endo or any adhesions... Did you call your Dr yet? Good luck keep me posted too!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register