Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 294 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 06-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I have not forgot about you! Just getting back to normal. Or at least I think as close to back to normal as possible. I feel great!. So great I have gained a few extra pounds(in which I did not need). It just seemed to creep up on me. I am now working hard at getting it back off again. I noticed it came around my middle section like an inner tube!
I am normally a very active person so now I am working even harder to get it off!
I also deal with some rectal issues that were there only minimal before but are much more of a problem now. Oh well... i will chalk it up to getting older

I hope all is well with you all! You helped me through many weeks of frustration and pain

Simlyme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Happy Anniversary

Ladies,

Byfaith,
it is wonderful to hear from you again. I am sorry about your back and surprised that you are still on lunesta. But whatever makes you feel better is what you have to do.

Simply,
Glad that you are improving and I guess the hemmy's are at it again. I was having some problems before and after the surgery until the G.I. dr recommended wipes and that has been a Godsend. I don't even have the rectal pain anymore. I was thinking it was endo back there.

And my girl Phil,
Thanks for the info on the endo coming back. I look pregnant too. I can barely get into my 10s and have started buying 12s. It is so depressing. My pain is not as bad as it was either. I dont know if that exercise ball helped or not. I stretch backwards on it a few times a week to stretch out the adhesions. My dr. also used interceed during the surgery. He just isn't supportive, so I have gone back to my regular GYN for this vaginal itch that won't stop. My GYN gave me an ultrasound and saw a follicular cyst on that left ovary (only have 1) and a little free fluid. He put me on cipro for a week for an UTI and gave me a yeast pill. This is my 3rd round of antibiotics since the surgery. I get bloated quickly and can't eat like I used to. Sometimes, it gets so bad, I have to unbutton my pants. But my bowels move good and they are not dry (TMI)
My colonoscopy and endoscopy were fine, but I still want to do a cat scan for the bloating and tummy pain after eating.

LOVE YOU GUYS
Unread 06-29-2008, 06:27 PM

****jennice41**** My mom has the same bloating and pain issues when she eats too, we did a lot of research and found out Vitamin B and D helps with the digestion, and also she has a hard time with complex carbs. Do you keep a food diary? What is causing this? everything? or certain things?

SO good to see you on again, I am not on as much but I do check in looking for you all at times..

If its not one thing its another with me. Still dealing with Throyid issues.. causing some horrible pain, stiff neck, sore throat, they thought I had strep and sinus infection and 2 ear infections, but after a month on antibotics, they are moving toward throyid again... going in for a CT scan on Tues.. WISH ME LUCK!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2008, 09:25 AM

Nice to hear from some of you. Seems like we all have a few things in common as we go through this body change. Hemorrhoid problems, bloating with easier weight gain. (my 10's are tight too Jennice and sometimes I end up purchasing 12's). I even feel I don't think the same. My short term memory seems to have left ever so slightly. I can ask my son a question and then ask again 15 minutes later. He thinks I am nuts! I forget much quicker. I also have days where I am still kind of sad about all of it.

I am still surprised I am on Lunesta!! It's been 9 months already!!! UUG!! Sometimes I wonder if that can affect memory???
Unread 06-30-2008, 10:22 AM

I can relate, I say something to my child and one minute later, she will answer and I say huh? what did I ask you? She now just laughs, but its not so funny to me. I go to a room and forget why I went in there more then it used to happen. It is still a struggle to work, since I work from home on commission only, man its like a slap in the face every morning, GET UP GET UP or no MONEY!! UGH!.. Things can be worse, and I am thank ful to God for what I have!!

I too am still taking ambien. I wouldnt and dont sleep without it. I have tried, like if I have a cold and take some night time cold meds I wont mix it with my ambien. So I dont sleep as well, wake up every hour just like the per ambien days. Its so weird! Nice to see you all !!
Unread 07-03-2008, 08:38 PM

Hi everyone! As our anniversary approaches I am overwhelmed with many emotions. For now, I just want to thank all of you for all the support and for sharing your stories. Thanks.
Unread 07-03-2008, 08:49 PM

Happy 4th Of July To All My Sisters!!
Unread 07-07-2008, 02:45 PM

Ladies,

I hope that you had a nice 4th of July. I am doing well for the most part. I still have tummy problems some days and I don't think that it is IBS. I have been on 3 rounds of antibiotics (different kinds) and they are still seeing bacteria and traces of blood in my uring. I am going to pursue a Cat scan ($100 co-pay) My tummy hurts after sex, food and exercise, but not all the times. I look pregnant too, Phil. I have this fat piece above my navel that hangs over my pants that wasn't there before. I always had the bottom pooch, but that is bigger too. What is that about? I still exercise regularly and do crunches but my abs just don't get sore like they used too. Maybe my nerves are damaged. Who knows? Keep in touch, ladies.
Unread 07-07-2008, 09:14 PM

Hello ladies!
I have had hemmoriods in the past but now i have perianal skin tags that are painful and itching like crazy. I saw the surgeon and he said surgery to remove them would be the next option and that they are probably due to the two episiotomies I have had. To me...the thought of surgery and the way he described to have them removed isn't a pleasant thought.

You know, you gals talk about swelling and bloating. I too feel this way. My stomach feels hard but it is distended. Almost like my intestines settled in a different place after surgery. I work out everyday. I even started to get back into running again. I ride my bike where ever I can. I just feel like the inner tube just keeps getting bigger!

I also have pain on my left side more like the pain i felt when I had a cyst rupture on the ovary. I still have both of them. Maybe it is dying off?

Lisa Z
Unread 07-09-2008, 02:19 AM

Hello

I can't believe it has been a year! I feel so much better and I have so much more energy. It feels like a lifetime since I have visited Hystersisters, but last year it was such a big part of my life. Thanks to everyone for the support and friendship at the time when I needed it.

Reading the forums (even when I wasn't in the conversation) helped me so much and I didn't feel alone.

I hope you are all feeling well and your lives are happy.

Its a cold cold day in rural Australia today!

Take care love Belle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register