Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwight

Debbie,

I'm no doctor, but it seems a bit premature to go back to work (albeit part-time) on your third week. I had a TAH/BSO and I plan on taking the time to heal properly (5-6 weeks) before returning to work. I'm not able to stand straight up yet, I'm walking gingerly (I can walk slowly, but not long distances as some our our sisters can) and I'm still having discomfort. Sitting at a computer for several hours will likely be uncomfortable for you... unless you must return to work for personal family reasons, please consider letting you body heal a little longer. Just my 2 cents...

Healing wishes
Me too Maria,

I am waiting 8 weeks before I even think about going back. My job takes tons of energy. We are there to make other people feel good. I get reviewed on how full of energy I have. As of now I feel tweeks of pain a ache here a pain there. I sure could not work a full day as of now. I am same time frame as Maria and about the same age with the same surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 01:21 PM
How are you feeling emotionally?

For everyone that had a TAH-BSO or included BSO how are you feeling emotionally? That is if before surgery you were not already in menopause.
Unread 07-20-2007, 01:29 PM
emotions reply

Been wondering what my abbreviations were. I guess I had TAH-BSO, everything out and my apendix to boot. Emotionally, I am on a border line. I know if I dwell on it, I will be a mess. I am trying not to do so. I am only 30 years old and can't believe that I am dealing with all of this already. All I have to do to get out of the funk is look at my son or watch tons of Everybody Loves Raymond episodes. I have noticed being a little weepy over things, but I chalk it up to the hormone stuff. I start to cry, but stop myself cause I don't really have the energy to do it right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 01:30 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I can already tell what a wonderful resource and help this is going to be for me.
Unread 07-20-2007, 01:45 PM

unbroken, yea that's how I feel. I had normal menstral cycles but then here comes Mr. Tumor. Now I do cry much easier. Now I am waiting until I feel just a little less pain and then see where I am at. If I am going to start Estrogen. I also had endometriosis and adenomyosis.
Unread 07-20-2007, 02:04 PM

I am amazed at you guys who are up and walking around the block!! I was inspired to try to get up more today...but I had to put on my control top undies for the swelly belly. I made it out to the mailbox and back - woo hoo!! I still have a constant dull aching pain - but I haven't needed any pain meds since I woke up. My DH had to work early this morning - so I had to make breakfast for the family before they went off to playdates. I needed a nap as soon as they left! But I've been great the rest of the day.
Unread 07-20-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfaith
For everyone that had a TAH-BSO or included BSO how are you feeling emotionally? That is if before surgery you were not already in menopause.
Ok......I just read your post and it made me think. I've been wondering when am i going to feel the menopausal symptoms from having both ovaries removed. After 12 days i still havent felt anything (i am 40) Well, after reading your post I realized that last night i was watching the movie "Click" with Adam Sandler with my DH, DD, and DS. Well at the end of the movie i broke down crying and they all flipped out because I have not cried at all since the surgery. i started feeling very emotional thinking how 10 years ago who would have ever imagined i'd be needing this major surgery somewhere down the road....It was quite a little "moment' for me. Could this be a menopausal moment for me???????????????????
Unread 07-20-2007, 05:50 PM

Thanks for the advise. Yeah, I think I'm pushing it going back to work in two weeks, even part time. After reading what others have written, I may be feeling good now, but might feel different next week. The only reason I was thinking of going back sooner is because I'm the only one who knows how to update the website and get the new directory ready. But it's not my fault that they didn't have anyone learn my job. Also right after my six weeks medical leave I'm taking a week so my husband and I can take our daughter to college. But again, like a friend told me, that is time that I am due.

So, I'll just wait and see how I am feeling the next couple of weeks.
Unread 07-20-2007, 06:13 PM

Wow, I feel like such a wuss. My surgery was on July 9, and still I am needing a walker to make it from a bed in my den to my living room and the bathroom. I know the dr said that my fibromyalgia was exacerbating it...but still, when reading all of the things you are all able to do, i feel kinda behind the curve. ...wayyy behind it. I can just barely tolerate sitting here at puter for 30 minutes or so. I walk as much as I can..but still cant do it without the walker for support. As far as menopausal symptoms go...i have had a couple of what i would call "hot flushes"..not too bad since mostly I am cold. I really hope its not too bad since my dr doesnt think I'm a good candidate for HRT since I had such a severe case of endometriosis.
I have my post op with him on MOnday...sure do hope i can WALK into his office....
Carla
Unread 07-20-2007, 06:23 PM

Carla,
Don't feel like a wuss. Everyone is different. I think your fibromyalgia could be why you are having trouble walking. I kept my ovaries so I don't even have to worry about the menopausal symptoms.
The reason I had my hyster was because of two large fibroids. I really didn't have too much pain, or it was just that I was so used to the discomfort. My periods were heavy, but it was something I was just used to.
One of my fibroids was the size of a grapefruit, but I've read in some of these e-mails where some women had them the size of footballs and had several, more than my two fibroids. So I think that is why my recovery is going much quicker.
Just take care of yourself.
Debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register