Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-23-2007, 02:28 PM
pain

The pain is still w/me on my two week anniversary of surg. Today I got to drive for the first time. I'm trying to just do little spurts and am using a pillow between the belt and my tummy. I have automatic but sometimes it's 'ouch/owie' and so I'm taking it VERY easy. Don't know how long anything will last, but my thoughts are w/you! E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I just got home from my 2 week Post-Op Checkup. The dr said I was doing great...he removed the steristrips from my incision site and asked lots of questions..one being...do I need more Pain meds (vicodin and flexeril). I declined to get refills..since I am trying to wean off them now.....BUT, he said just call if I feel any need for them whatsoever. He said...you heal best if not fighting pain too. So, that made me feel some relief. Still no tub baths...Oh Boy! I sure do miss that soaking in my bubble bath!! He also said that 75% or so of the healing after surgery takes place in the first 3 weeks..the remainder takes 3-4 months. So, all in all, I feel pretty good about my progress so far.
Carla
TAH/BSO July 7, 07
Unread 07-23-2007, 02:36 PM

Need Question Answered ASAP:

I am going Friday for my first 2-wk post op and then another before I go back to work. I was wondering since my right ovary was taken that I would no longer have as much moisture or any PMS anymore. Wrong! I still get moist down there (still have cervix too) and I guess that one ovary is working. I believe that I would be having my menstrual right about now. Anyway, I am the pillar of my townhouse community, liked by everyone. Only hello's and nice day type chat. I go in my house and out. My son is a great kid in college, going into his second year. Never been a problem to anyone either. We are Christians and go to church and try and live a good life. I have a neighbor from hell next door. I mean, she complains over any and every thing. But she has back off the last couple of yrs (jehovah witness). I am not knocking her religion, just her morals. She def doesn't respect the commandment "Love Thy Neighbor. My parents dropped me off a little while ago, just to get me out the house and for me to run a few errands. The parked in her spot just to drop me off and ensure I got in good. This B**tch side blocks them. Long story short (too late) I knocked on her door and went completely off. Never have caused a scene before. I think that I have taken enough over the years with other issues from her. It took my son, neighbor (huge guy), Mom & Dad to keep me off of her. I wasn't going to hit her anyway. I am not going to court during my recovery. My question is: A heated argument like that is no good for me. I am icing my belly now, but it feels like it is in knots. I have no discharge, bleeding or anything (never have so far). I am worried about my progress. I will tell the dr. on friday too. Aside from that and prob doing the step too much, I have been very good. Not even driving yet. Now, that I think about it, I guess that one ovary I was worried about is working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 03:08 PM

CarlaT0211....glad you had a good post op appt. I will take to heart the first three weeks info he gave you. If true, then next Monday I should be feeling on top of the world, right? Not so right now! Something to look forward to.

Jennice41...the hormones are sure still working! Take care of yourself. Breathe easy. Hopefully the belly knots are from the stress of the encounter re: parking. Again, breathe easy, it's good you are icing your sore spots. If there isn't lots of bleeding/pain then hopefully everything will 'cool off' from the belly to the emotions. Take care. My thoughts are with you. Sorry the ending to the day out went this way for you.

E.
Unread 07-23-2007, 03:13 PM

One of the hystersisters (I think she maybe have been a nurse/sister was a nurse) said all those fresh veggies can contribute to the gassy pains. My neighbor who had the big H in early June said her doc also said some of the pains aren't really gas, but twinges where there are sutures. And as for me, I also believe in phantom pain where there are 'missing pieces' of my body, but that's another story!

Yes, bing cherries rock this time of year. I can't believe you eat all that stuff and put on jeans. You must have one heck of a great metabolism. My thyroid is supposedly high right now but I would not ever know it. I love your posts. They make me smile.

I survived picking up poor brother in law's dry cleaning (he has been sick a long time; this dry cleaning was waiting for one and a half YEARS I can't believe it)...... but i had some twitches while driving. I put a little pillow on my tummy before the seatbelt. I didn't drive it all the way into town for him; i'm doing that tomorrow. Little by little.

Have fun buying those new undies! Take care..................E.
Unread 07-23-2007, 03:49 PM

yes i'm so glad to more periods. I have to wear white all day in food service. In which i will be slowly going back to work starting the 13th to open up the kitchen. No heavy lifting though. We will be feeding the highschool football players supper. So it will slowly get me back in shape for the start of school.
Unread 07-23-2007, 04:30 PM

Hi all! Sorry it's been a few days. I've been extremely tired. Can't sleep, but laying around and besides this weekend I got to see all my children for the first time in two weeks. Dummy me picked up my 6 year old when I seen him. OOPS! My oldest has his permit so he has helped drive a lot, but now he's back at his dads for a few more weeks. And I think I was more nervous when he was driving lol.
Had a visit w/ my reg doc today about the pnemonia. Yeah! It's gone!!! He's releasing me back to work next monday! Woo-hoo!! (bitter sweet ya know?).
I've been out quite a bit. Took kids to lake on Saturday, but that was kinda depressing. Of course it didn't help when dumb*** bf seen a cute chick in bikini and says, "With a little work, you could look like that." WHOA! He's still in the doghouse.
Anyways, was wondering if any of you have a myspace page? Mine is <admin note: personal websites, including myspace accounts, not allowed in posts>
I took it off of private for a little while so you can see it. (I love showing off pics of my kids

For the most part it seems everyone is doing fairly well. And that is awesome. Wouldn't it be cool if we had a "family reunion"! lol We could all waddle around!! hehehehehe

Anyways, better go check on my lil guy. He's been way too quiet!!
Hugs to all!!!
Unread 07-23-2007, 04:41 PM

Wow, SaraJean how can you go back to work in just three weeks? I can't imagine it at all and I thought I was a tough (well, old and tough) cookie! I know what you mean about teens driving; my 28 yr old DD who has only had a license a couple of years drove my car and me around and it scared the heck out of me. I'm so glad I can drive today myself. Glad your lungs are healthy now. I don't have a myspace page but my teen daughter does. Maybe I'll ask her how to get on/get access so I can check out your kids. I'd hate to think what's on my daughter's page; supposedly it's set to private, too! LOrealL....

Take care. You really go back to work after just three weeks? Amazing!
Unread 07-23-2007, 04:44 PM

Got my staples removed today. He put steri strips on afterwards. He wants to be careful due to my large vertical incision. He scared me by telling me that I was the worse he had seen in years infecton wise. I guess it's serious when my smart aleck of a doctor is quiet. They still don't know where it stemmed from. Either it started in my apendix and went to my ovaries or vice versa. He tends to think it started in the apendix since my tubes were clean. He said it was rare to have such a bad infection and the tubes be clear. Oh well, it seems we may never know. At least all of the path reports are good. I will be on IV antibiotics which I have to give myself for another week or so. Are there any other girls on here who had their hysterectomy via emergency? It seems most had theirs planned.
Unread 07-23-2007, 04:49 PM

i had mine done the same day. i wonder why they didnt start you on hormones? they put my patch on in surgery. havent had a weepy eye or anything. i have good days and bad days.... but more good days as time has gone on. i think you can expect pain for some time though i would think it would get better. i wish you continued positive progression. keep us posted. when is your apt. with the doctor?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register