Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Its great to hear from all of the sisters coming home and telling their stories. Its a great support Rayne38-I know exactly what you mean about all of a sudden waking up with a jerk in the middle of the night. that happened to me last night at least 3 times!!!! Poor DH wakes up with me each time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 11:55 AM

Jennice41
I'm so happy everything went smoothly for you! As far as the BM's go, it took me 3 days and my Doc said it would take some time, because of the bowel prep. I stayed at the castle for 2 nights and as soon as i got home, I took 2 T. of Milk of Magnesia and a Dulcolox tab. Within that day things began to move...slowly. I upped it with a tall glass of prune juice that night and 6 prunes and "BAM!" Just what i needed. Now I take tall glass prune juice in AM and 6 prunes at night and calcium citrate tabs and magnesium tabs, just to keep everything moving. I'm surprised, because it's going better than ever, but w/ my Adeno, my uterus was tilted back and twisted, also hitting rectum, so i began to get very bloated and having a BM was like giving birth to an alien! Now I'm doing great! And I'm on day 20, still have some swelling, but have found that if I throw my bikini on and lay out near the pool in the HOT FL sun, it has helped w/swelling belly. Also, I'm up to a mile on daily walking. Keep your spirits up...our prayers were answered!

Linda
Unread 07-14-2007, 11:58 AM

Oh, Lin914...I had better slow down. I am walking two miles a day (in one half mile walks) and I just had surgery July 9. I need to s-l-o-w d-o-w-n. I just like to walk out the pain and try to get my bowels back to where they were pre surgery. I like the idea of the sun helping swelly belly so maybe next week I will try lying by the townhouse association pool......though not being able to go into that beautiful water is gonna 'hurt'.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 12:07 PM

elefante64

That's awsome! I was so out of shape going into this from the pain, keeping me from exercising, that I have to really be careful and gradually work my way up. If it FEELS GOOD do it, but if I'm overdoing it, I swell more, my back starts to hurt and tummy feels tight and slightly sore, so I take a day off and rest. I really think exercising has helped me to have more energy, and I'm on the Bio-identical Hormones now. I've heard some say hormones made them tired, exhausted at first, so I am trying to work through that and also, I don't want the weight I heard they cause you to put on, so I'm trying to eat only things that are good for you!

Linda
Unread 07-14-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin914
elefante64

That's awsome! I was so out of shape going into this from the pain, keeping me from exercising, that I have to really be careful and gradually work my way up. If it FEELS GOOD do it, but if I'm overdoing it, I swell more, my back starts to hurt and tummy feels tight and slightly sore, so I take a day off and rest. I really think exercising has helped me to have more energy, and I'm on the Bio-identical Hormones now. I've heard some say hormones made them tired, exhausted at first, so I am trying to work through that and also, I don't want the weight I heard they cause you to put on, so I'm trying to eat only things that are good for you!

Linda
Lin914-how soon after the surgery did you go on the bio-identical hormones? my dr hasnt mentioned anything yet to me about hrt. I am 5 days post op. I had severe endo. p.s. i'm in south florida too
Unread 07-14-2007, 12:15 PM

Linda, no kidding about the weight. I work so hard to stay a bit above normal. SOOO hard. And I have borderline hi cholesterol (the GP is going to put me on meds) and osteoperosis and borderline hi BP and my thyroid is messed up and so I've got too many meds/calcium/ etc etc to keep track of and I'm 'only' 55!! So that's why I'm obsessed w/walking, but I think I'm really pushing it. I think my doc would be frowning if he saw me doing those laps. I get 'manic' about it..............going at 7 a.m. and then again at 10 and one at 11:30. Now it's 1:13 and I'm just like a horse wanting to break out at the starting gate. I will do one or two more laps today and quit. I agree w/what you are telling me about listening to my body. I'm more crampy today and it's probably bec. i am pushing tooooo hard. But I do like to eat. I'm trying to eat healthy, too............well, i always did. A neighbor brought me brownies and I have not eaten one of them............gave 'em all away. Another bud brought me ice cream; it's still in the freezer for someone else. I'm tryin'..........munching on the latest metamucil cracker and drinking the extra pulp OJ.

Thanks for writing in. I love this site. It has helped me so very much the past several weeks. E.
Unread 07-14-2007, 12:20 PM

Hi Elefante! You sound great! How many days post op for you now? I really have to start walking more. Maybe i wont feel so tired. I need to get up early enough to beat the heat though. Right now I've just been walking around the inside of my house which isnt that big.
Unread 07-14-2007, 12:37 PM

Hi Phillipians446......... Well, my TVH was Monday, July 9. I got booted back home at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 10 (waaaaaaaa. I wanted to stay another nite at the castle)..... I do feel tired. I'm still 'crampy' in my big swelly belly (I thought bellies only swelled for TAH but I guess they do for TVH, too......or I've gotta quit eating so much)......... so am I on day 5 post op or ?? I always sound good...that is my problem. I sound good but my body frustrates me to the nth degree. I was reminded by the nurse who called NOT to walk in hi heat/humidity so for all the hystersisters in hot, humid climates, take it easy if walking outside. Here in MN it is very cool outside w/temps in the '70's and dewpoints in the '50's. Very cool for July. It's about to heat up on Monday............so then I won't be able to walk as much unless I feel SUPER POWER. I'm debating my daily dosage of 3 generic iboprophen right now...so far have taking nothing since my one percocet last nite.

Thanks for writing. Thanks for the hug. I appreciate it very much. I'm posting to a cervical cancer website, too, and this one is so WARM and HUMAN and I LOVE IT.
Unread 07-14-2007, 01:12 PM

Phillipians446

I started bio-identical troches on day 14. I had a shot immed. after surgery for estrogen and my levels were low going into surg. One night (I think around day 10), I woke up completely soaked. Started having mood swings and dry brittle hair, dry skin and waking up at 4 am and not able to get back to sleep. I called MD and they said I could start HRT. I love the troches so far. My hair, skin and sleep have already improved. Moods swings in the weird range from time to time. I hope that levels off, but they say to give it a month. I wanted to get started before I go back to work, so I start to feel better emotionally as well. I had no idea i was in menapause until my MD told me my blood levels just as they were taking me to OR. She said, "no wonder you felt so bad!" I was wondering what it would all do to my sex drive, cause that was always great. Well, so far, things are awesome, if not better, (and since hrt's, i'm not a dried up prune anymore)! I have to wait 6 weeks for intercourse, but I am relieved about things so far!
Unread 07-14-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefante64
Hi Phillipians446......... Well, my TVH was Monday, July 9. I got booted back home at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 10 (waaaaaaaa. I wanted to stay another nite at the castle)..... I do feel tired. I'm still 'crampy' in my big swelly belly (I thought bellies only swelled for TAH but I guess they do for TVH, too......or I've gotta quit eating so much)......... so am I on day 5 post op or ?? I always sound good...that is my problem. I sound good but my body frustrates me to the nth degree. I was reminded by the nurse who called NOT to walk in hi heat/humidity so for all the hystersisters in hot, humid climates, take it easy if walking outside. Here in MN it is very cool outside w/temps in the '70's and dewpoints in the '50's. Very cool for July. It's about to heat up on Monday............so then I won't be able to walk as much unless I feel SUPER POWER. I'm debating my daily dosage of 3 generic iboprophen right now...so far have taking nothing since my one percocet last nite.

Thanks for writing. Thanks for the hug. I appreciate it very much. I'm posting to a cervical cancer website, too, and this one is so WARM and HUMAN and I LOVE IT.
elefante64 -
I am so glad you posted about checking the weather before heading out because it was not something I was taking into consideration. Here is PA, it is warm and getting warmer. Maybe I'll take a short stroll with the hubby when it cools later this evening. Thanks and best wishes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register