Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 55 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi, Phillipians446. My visit was WONDERFUL because: No malignancy hiding anywhere. I am soooo relieved. And he said i could swim a whopping 10 min. a day! Well, it's better than nothing, eh? And he said I could try riding a bike in two weeks if I promise not to fall. LOL. But still no heavy lifting and trying to push open a door today at a bank...i felt like i popped something inside but feel okay now. He did an internal to 'admire' his work and says (of course) there are still stitches in there. He said I still have mild dysplasia on the vaginal area and so must visit every 3 months for a year and paps every single year and not to let ANY doc say no paps for me. I am very sad; he is retiring 8/31. I was supposed to see him six weeks out from today and he won't be there so i made an appt. on his very last afternoon of work. It's gonna be emotional.........but he's happy to be retiring and able to travel w/his family I am sure. For me I must find a new OB. Tough after 15 years. Anyway I am just jumping inside for joy (can't jump literally)...........very, very relieved. I had to post all over the place because I shared my worries w/so many people. Now, if my body could just get back to normal. The nurse was mad I had done 2.5 miles today before my 8:20 a.m. appt. She said, 'TAKE IT EASY.' but the doc was not surprised bec. he knows how hard i push to move. It is so hot/humid today. I don't know if I will get my last 3 laps in. We shall see. The heat index is up in the mid 90's w/that high dewpoint. Ugh. Not good for our healing bodies. Thank you so much for thinking of me. I am very glad to hear your good news, too. Good luck w/your appt. in two weeks. It's nice you get to see your doc again so soon. I was so happy I didn't really have many questions. Oh, I can push a shopping cart, but I can't buy hardly anything. So today when I shopped I just got four things I could hold in my hands and tote to the self checkout line. Sigh. And DD will have to put out the garbage and recycling tonite. Four more weeks of being careful w/movements. No vacuuming (i spelled that wrong...and I teach ESL/LOL).....why do all the doctors think we spend our lives using a vaccuum? It's funny, actually. My house wasn't a model to begin w/ not w/so many teens/grandkid in/out of here.

Take care everyone tonight...........continue to heal. E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 05:57 PM

I have a morbid curiosity but I don't know if I could watch surgery performed on me. I am highly visual and it would either gross me out or would haunt me. It was interesting however, while I was reading the reports, my mind automatically tried to form pictures from what I was reading.

I can't believe this - I am a light weight when it comes to alcohol (I guess it is a good thing in a sense) but I had my first glass of wine tonight since the surgery and I am definitely buzzing. I am not on any meds and it wasn't that big of a glass. Geez....anyone else experience a little sensitivity to alcohol afterward?
Unread 07-25-2007, 06:10 PM

Oh I am so happy to hear your news! I kept thinking about you and our July 9th dates. I told my doctor about this website and i brought with me a list of questions thanks to all of the info that i've received on here. Not a bad idea to upgrade like you did. Its the least we could do. Sorry to hear that your doctor is retiring after so long. will he be able to recommend a new one? Haha about the vaccuum---I'm a vaccuuming freak!!!! Thankfully my dd and ds have been taking turns and I've forced myself to stay away from it. I am amazed with all of your walking and now swimming? You Go Girl!!!!!!!! I'll talk to you on the sister chat to tell you more

Happy Day to us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 06:15 PM

E ~ I was sooooo glad for you when I read your post ~ I know you have been worried! Great news for you and all of us OHHH what did the internal feel like???? That's a scary thought in the back of my mind...I think mine will be Aug. 9th

Captncrunch ~ My work is cool with 6-8 weeks...Some days I think I'll be ready before 6 weeks, some days wonder how I'll be ready in 8 LOL...Take it easy, work will wait!!! Although I am glad you are doing so well

I had a fantastic day!!! Woke up feeling great and it's now 8:00pm and still feeling great...kept busy all day...had a long talk with the tanning owner and she assured me (dr.s have now ok for 9mth pregnancy to tan and they also put 2 chickens in a tanning bed and 5x's how long people go and NO HARM, she just advised (I already knew) to cover scar for awhile, so today couldn't resist...it felt so relaxing, then had like a 30minute conversation about hysterectomys, don't ya love it, here we had the same dr. do ours (small world) then went to dept. store and got new top, tried on jeans (yeah still size 5jr. but they were'nt good enough sale yet LOL and got dh 2 prs. flip flops...cleaned out fridge...few loads laundry, made some phone calls i've been neglecting, drove for the 1st time to bank and quick stop to small grocery type store,...dh cooked chops out, I made the rest...and here I am...still feeling great...I little winded recalling it all but that's a "brain" issue..

My gas pains are soooooo fading...I guess there is hope things will be normal there again...down to just feeling twinges, pinches, pulls etc...very tolerable...

Well that's all I got for now girls...............glad everyone is inchin along!!!!!!!

It felt sooo good to drive my OWN car, listen to MY radio stations, and not feel like the back-seat driver anymore
Unread 07-25-2007, 06:25 PM

2 weeks and 2 days post op........went to the TimMcGraw and Faith Hill "Soul2Soul" concert last night. I couldnt believe that I actually did it. I even brought my tummy pillow with me. I had the tickets since May and i really was determined to go. DH took me to a nice dinner first and then we headed over to the concert. the parking attendant at the auditorium allowed us to park at the handicap parking and dh literally dropped me off at the door. I felt a little nervous/anxious at first with so many people around me but once the concert started I began to relax. I was so happy! It felt like such a blessing being able to go!
Unread 07-25-2007, 06:35 PM

Wow you gals are busy. I don't have a DH (single mom) and so I entertain myself by walking laps around the townhouse trails. Ah, well.................i cannot believe how much you are all doing and last week you were telling ME to take it easy.

The internal wasn't so bad....i got 'in the pap position' and he did a 'quick look' and a little feel......so here I am spotting again but it's okay. The nurse is always there by my side for me when he does his inspections and in the past all the biopsies/LEEP, etc. It was fine. They talk to you and you don't even know what's going on it goes so fast. And he said 'oh, i see some stitches' and he's telling me about what it looks like when they come out so don't worry too much. And he went thru the whole path report, explaining stuff along the way. And why I need to go back every 3 months, etc. When I go Aug. I will ask for a copy of the report but today they had to get it from the outside plan hospital where the surgery took place so i wasn't going to bug them. I was just so relieved after always hearing bad news that finally I got some good news. Yipee skipee............

brain dead: i just walked outside and i'm still wearing my hat inside. Oy. And I just don't still get interested in my formerly favorite t.v. shows. I told the nurse if i sat on the couch all day i'd weigh a zillion pounds and she said, 'eat less.' Well, I'd rather walk more and then eat all that cheesy popcorn i binge on. I was doing good today w/food and then hit the cheese popcorn and ate the whole bag. I eat it w/chopsticks so I don't get orange fingers. I'm silly.

Have a good evening all of you. It's good that as you check in you are just getting so much more busy, stronger, and healing well. Cheers! E.
Unread 07-25-2007, 07:14 PM

First outing was Monday 2 week post with GYN and Uroloigist to see if this Catheder would come out. I felt great except for getting the news from the Urologist that the cathetder had to stay in for 10 more days, that my bladder was 85% healed. I was really bummed. A week in the hospital was enough for me and I am 16 days with a catheder is making me alittle stir crazy. I went out today (I did not drive) to the store to get a few things, came home and clipped my roses. I am feeling really good. I don't feel tired and I am in good spirits. I am going out tomorrow to buy a fews things that will cover up this catheder for I can get out a little more.
Hope all is well with all.

Tina l
C-Section-1987-Wonderful son!
Laparoscopy Surgery 1990-Ovarian Cyst removed
Laparoscopy Surgery-Right ovary removed 1991
Nova Sure Ablation 02/14/2006
TAH 07//09/2007
Bladder Repair 07/10/2007
Bladder Repair 07/12/2007
Unread 07-25-2007, 07:16 PM

oh, elefan, the dr reminded me that it would be okay to go on spotting until 6 weeks. I go back to work on august 10th, but students dont return until august 20th. that will be exactly 6 weeks.

Gemini--i still havent dared to do the laundry nor shopping. You are brave!! I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling so great
Unread 07-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Rooks--does it hurt to have the catheter on? How are you able to go out with it? Is it smaller than what we had at the hospital? I'm sorry you still have to wear one.
Unread 07-25-2007, 07:33 PM

RooksScoobs........sorry about the catheter and bladder problems. That must be hard. I don't know if I could handle it. You are in good spirits. Good for you! I fold laundry, too, but leave it on the machine (where last week's teen load still sits).... and carry little handfuls to the machine. It's good 'walking' for me.

Phillipians446 thanks for the info re: spotting!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register