Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 57 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-26-2007, 06:30 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

SunnyBahrain -
How are you? I was a little concerned that had developed an infection. Was great to see you post. - I am sitting here having breakfast and getting ready to do bills - -fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2007, 07:07 AM

Yes, it is good to hear that SunnyBahrain is getting stronger/better each day. Last week was a very rough one for you. I am happy I live here bec. the 6 week no driving rule would make me nuts. If I don't spot today I am going to enjoy my 10 min. in the pool to try and get a little gentle movement out of my body. I continue to walk; did 5 laps today (2.5 miles). I met people along the way to talk to so it slowed me down...which I suppose is good. Each day I try to get in my 10 laps. Everyone have a good Thursday as you continue to rest, heal, walk a tiny bit, and chug water! E.
Unread 07-26-2007, 07:11 AM

I am recuperating from an abdominal hysterectomy and an upper abdominal hernia repair on 7/10. Everday, I feel a little stronger. The pain from the hernia surgery has been far worse than the hysterectomy. For the last 24 hours, I have been experiencing spasms in my calves. I have been walking. Just prior to this occuring, I had a 24 hour stomach virus-could dehydration cause this leg problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2007, 08:01 AM

It's been so great reading all these posts from everyone. They make me realize that all my little (and not so little) aches and pains are just normal and part of the healing process. Two weeks out I've still got my steristips and lots of healing itching.
Elefante64, reading your post about CIN3 was great. I have/hopefully "had" the same problem of pre-cancerous cells and 3 LEEPs (all at inconvenient times), and now hopefully a TAH to solve the problem. But, like you and unlike many of those posting, I didn't have any pains or other indicators of anything wrong so it seems like I went from perfectly healthy to surgery and painful healing! Very frustrating. Since I wasn't limited before (except for the few weeks around LEEPs), I am really impatient to get back to my life pre-op! But after reading all the posts encouraging rest and healing, I am accepting my limitations more. I am trying to walk a little more each day. Living in NYC, at least I don't have to worry about driving (just getting up and down 4 flights of stairs.) I've been trying to pick one or two items each time I leave the apartment since that's about all I can carry back upstairs. Yesterday, I walked, very slowly to a cafe in the park and had an iced coffee and sat, read a book and people watched for a while. Except for how long it took me to get there and back to my apartment, it felt like being "normal" again! Hurray! I did pay a bit for it last night and had to get up and take some extra strength Tylenol during the night. But I'm headed out again this morning now that traffic is stopped in the park (10AM) and the weather hasn't gotten too hot yet. I teach and am using my summer vacation to heal but I don't want to have to stay inside and miss the summer entirely.
My best healing wishes to all my Hyster Sisters.
Dinah
TAH, July 10
Unread 07-26-2007, 08:10 AM

Hi, Italybound...I teach, too...at a local college. It's weird to NOT be teaching summers. Nice to hear from you and know you are slowly healing and nice to hear from another soul w/'bad cells' and feeling 'worse' for having surgery because of no pre op symptoms. Now I've got someone to think about out in NYC while I slowly trudge around. Take care... continue to heal. I can't imagine four flights of stairs....no elevator??? Yikes. Yes, I only carry a couple of items at the store. At this rate I will have to go shopping a few times each day in order to buy stuff. They'll think I'm a little nutso at the local market. Ah, well... all for progress! Take care..........E.
Unread 07-26-2007, 08:13 AM

Yes, I do believe that dehydration can cause cramping/spasms in the legs, plus a lack of calcium..........I hope you are feeling better as the day progresses, kgluv4, and that you are able to get some liquids into your tummy. Good luck.........keep us posted. E.
Unread 07-26-2007, 08:25 AM

Was the site down last night? I tried to get on and couldn't.

Does anyone else have a numb feeling in their abdomen? I had surgery on July 13 and I still have some numbness?

I tried to drive yesterday (my doctor said I could drive after 10 days) but I got behind the wheel and was in a little pain (not much) but I chickened out. Is anyone else afraid to drive.

Deb
Unread 07-26-2007, 08:30 AM

Yes, the site was down a bit last nite. I saw a msg posted on the main page/home page. It's okay to chicken out of driving. I read that if it hurts, wait 'til it stops, go home and try again in a day or so. There is nothing wrong with that. I had to wait two weeks w/my TVH and even then I cramped a bit when I started out. I put a little pillow between my tummy and the seat belt. Now I'm okay..........but still get a twinge or two and make sure everyone knows I'm not driving all around the cities picking up, dropping off, etc. Plus can't lift anything heavy, so to go to the store means shop for just a couple of items i can actually carry and then home. Don't feel bad. I have also read that the numb feeling can be normal; if you are worried check w/your doctor's office for sure. Take care today as you continue to heal. E.
Unread 07-26-2007, 08:53 AM
feeling pretty good today.

Wow the last couple of days i've felt like crap. Alot of tightness on the left side of stomache. I do know that the stitches are now starting to desolve and I am sure some are starting to pull now. But have felt so tired lately. Of course 2 steps forward and 1 step back. But so far today feel pretty good. I didn't have a pink spotting at all until about 2 days ago. Not even right after the surgery. I'm hoping this stops pretty soon. I go back to work part time on the 13th. But no heavy lifting, I have to get a note from the DR's office first. I'm getting really bored being at home so i really can't wait to get back to work. Since i get the summer off anyways. I work in a cafeteria at a middle school.
Unread 07-26-2007, 08:57 AM

I like chat. We can actually chat. Ahhhhhhhhhhh the middle school cafeteria. My youngest daughter just 'graduated' from middle school (ends 8th grade in our district) and goes to the high school next. I would imagine you have a LOT of heavy lifting and standing and running around. It must be chaotic...at least in my mind it is. Sorry to hear you are having some tightness/etc. I posted on the other post op site that after my visit to the doc yesterday I started spotting again and had a lot of cramping yesterday...bec. he was looking around at his work, I guess. Rats. I almost got up in the nite to take some ibuprophen but didn't want to put it on an empty tummy just lying there in bed. I thought I'd sleep so good and didn't at all. It looks from all the posts like people go forwards and back in little increments. Take it easy today and I'll try to do the same. I can't imagine going back the 13th, but you know, I've got a full day microsoft windows 07 training the 15th, so it's about the same deal for me. And I've got syllabi to think of and the whole deal. I just kind of shut down my brain cells pre op and post op and waiting for that lovely path report from yesterday. E. Time to get back into action.........at least as much as my little tired anesthesia logged brain can handle!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register