Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 62 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Well I called my friend and told her I didn't think I could attend and she was fine about it. She also mentioned that she thought I was doing too much.
I feel better today, but I did have some cramps for the first time since I've been home. I'm sure there is a lot of healing going on.
I want to rest today so I can go to a movie tonight with my daugher (age 20). We are going to see "Reservations" or "Hairspray". I'm looking forward to it.
The food last night was great and we have enough for leftovers!
Hope your recovery is going well.

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 09:17 AM
movies

Hairspray was a blast if you were 'alive and aware' in the '60's....my 28-yr-old thought it was 'so so'...although the 9 yr old granddaughter liked it. I thought it was a very fun movie, even if parts are 'sad' depending on your age and history in this country. You will all be happy to know that I am VERY TIRED today. I have only walked 6 laps and maybe I won't get too obsessive and do the remaining 4. We shall see. And I need some groceries but need a body to go to the store w/me. I'll enlist granddaughter when I pick her up at daycare at 4.

You all have a wonderful Friday and a great, healthy, healing weekend! E.
Unread 07-27-2007, 09:18 AM

I know what you mean about "try it out again." Since we all had our surgery around the same time it will be good to have some support and find out how we are all doing in that area. I am a little nervous about that. I have to wait six weeks, how about the rest of you? It is so good to have friends where we can discuss these delicate issues with. thanks to all of you. I really look forward to getting on-line and finding out how everyone is doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 10:39 AM

Hello everyone, just wanted to pop in and say hi and I am finally feeling bettter...been a long 2 weeks here but I'm on the mend now....hope to get to know you all...
Unread 07-27-2007, 10:55 AM

Hi all,
I am actually going to the doctor's this afternoon. I've been having some mild discomfort in my left calf from my knee to my ankle and am having it checked. There is no swelling, redness, or warmth coming from the area so I am not completely freaked out. But being post-op, this is something that has to be checked. Wish me luck.
Unread 07-27-2007, 12:09 PM

SunnyBahrain....you've got to find our 'chat group' that we have and then I can chat... I've got to keep it to post op stuff on this thread. We do have a little group going, though...I can't remember here how to help you find it, but it's available for all of us to chat.

Reliefisdue hope your calf is okay inside; I've had pulsing pains sometimes behind my right knee and had that same problem several years ago from climbing too much/walking too much at a water park so as long as it wasn't swollen/red/etc. it resolved slowly. I hope yours isn't the dreaded clot. If you don't write back later today I'm going to worry you're in the castle again so keep us posted! Luck to you.
Unread 07-27-2007, 12:14 PM

HysterSisters
Hot Topics of last 15 Days

If you go to the forums and 'hot topics'''that's how I found our group. Anyways we have a chat group for we who had our surgery July 9-16 and it would be fun to see you all there, those who aren't on the chat, yet!
Unread 07-27-2007, 12:29 PM

Hi everyone, i've been feeling really great this week, almost back to my normal self. but the strange, what feels like "leaking" is still happening. I just put a call into the doctor to see what he says about this. Its a little more than discharge.....I can feel it coming and it fills my pantyliner (clear). I've had to change twice today. very strange.
Unread 07-27-2007, 12:33 PM

Keep us posted, Phillipians446!
Unread 07-27-2007, 12:37 PM

Well girls - ya'll sound like you're doing much better than me! I had to take my 8 yr. old to the orthodontist (a friend drove) yesterday, and I slept the rest of the afternoon! I've had pink/brown discharge everyday since the surgery and I'm in enough pain that I cannot go without at least Tylenol and I still need Hydrocodone to sleep. The pain is mostly on my right side - where they removed a ton of varicose veins - so I'm hoping that's why my progress is different than you guys. I'm so young, that I thought I would bounce back faster - it's been VERY depressing!!! I couldn't even stand up long enough to put make-up on today. And my father-in-law wants me to bake a cheesecake for a family reunion tomorrow - which I do NOT feel like going to, but I don't have a choice! Right now, I have a terrible headache. I've tried to walk around the house quickly for at least 15 minutes a day because everyone said that would help the healing process. I'm sorry girls, but I'm pretty discouraged!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register