Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 64 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Mimi, I'm probably just gettin' old! I just tend to ignore pains.... even the one that was in the back of my knee area right after surgery...I just tended to 'let it go' if no redness or swelling or hot touch bec. I figured it's old age (I'm 55)............ but to answer the question yes, I felt some pain. It has also been REALLLLLY humid here recently and it could be a touch of arthritis but I just ignore it. Now, as for the tummy cramps, that's another story. Last nite I had more of them and today quite a bunch, too. I don't know if it's from driving again or from not drinking enough water today or from the very hot spell we just went thru for about four days. At any rate, I'm slowing it down as I can, trying to eat well and trying to chug more water.

The GP's in my healthplan never agree on much and always make me nuts, so I don't try to tell them what I'm feeling half the time. I just want to get back to 'pre op' asap.... 3.5 weeks to go. Have a good rest of the evening...............take care everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 06:50 PM

What a lucky lady you are, Law! I am alone again tonite; granddaughter went with daddy (surprise) and teen is at a movie. I'm sitting here thinking about jennice. She hasn't checked in unless I missed it and today was her post op appt. w/the doctor, right? I hope everything is okay w/her. Funny how I get attached to these emails.

I walked today...tried to get SunnyBahrain to get on this site....obvioiusly that didn't work out yet.....she asked what I was up to but not on the chat site so I couldn't answer. And I did some driving and went to the grocery store for FOUR items bec. I can't carry anything. I did laundry (i like to walk from the basket to the machine, back and forth, back and forth, it's exercise, what the heck)..... watered some plants......played spider solitaire on the computer and started to put the syllabus together for a freshman Engl class. Sigh sigh. Oh and spent ONE HOUR on the phone w/a friend from CA who keeps tryin' her hardest to get me to buy stuff for my health in what I consider a pyramid (she says it's not).........

That's the way the day went. A happy evening and weekend to you all as you continue to heal.......................E.
Unread 07-27-2007, 06:58 PM

Hey Ele. i haven't seen Jennice on either today. I thought she was going to Dr.s today to. I really hope everything is ok with her. It does get really boring being at home by yourself all day. Thats why i was so thrilled just to go out for a couple of hours. Have a good night everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 07:00 PM

Maybe Jennice got good news and she's out celebrating. I sure hope that's the case. You have a good nite, too. Take care and a hug back at you. I'm going to go walk just one last evening lap around the complex. E.
Unread 07-27-2007, 07:12 PM

Ladies,

Real quick: I am sorry that I am just getting to you, but been busy after my dr. appt @ 10:30. I promise tomorrow I will tell you all about it, elefan, relief, painfree. I am going to a cook out just for a hr or so, since I was out last night and half the day today. But the PATHOLOGY REPORT IS FINE! Praise the Lord!
Luv u guys
Until tomorrow.
Unread 07-27-2007, 07:35 PM

Thank the Lord you checked in on your way to the cook out..............Thx for checking in and now I can rest in peace until tomorrow when you check in again. Thanks for the quick note, Jennice!! E
Unread 07-27-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiefej
I know what you mean about "try it out again." Since we all had our surgery around the same time it will be good to have some support and find out how we are all doing in that area. I am a little nervous about that. I have to wait six weeks, how about the rest of you? It is so good to have friends where we can discuss these delicate issues with. thanks to all of you. I really look forward to getting on-line and finding out how everyone is doing.
My doctor said yesterday "Absolutley no sex until your internal exam in 6 weeks when he will check your cuff." Now, I have no idea what my cuff is but he doesn't want it dislodged. Were you aware that we got free alterations with our surgery. Surgeon and A SEAMTRESS...what a deal
Unread 07-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Busy day

Today was my last day of summer vacation and I did way too much. Let me just say that IKEA is only a good idea when you are at 100% and feeling very perky.

I got called from work at 6:30 and after 4 calls I ended up going in for about 30min. Came home and got ready to run errands. I went to the post office to mail a package, ran into Kmart for sale items they didn't have, searched for and found a carpet remnant store and bought one. THEN I went to IKEA, had lunch and proceeded to work my way through the maze. I was doing okay until I got to the bottom floor and needed to pee (I knew I had just gone so I held it). Well, that hurt. Then I kept getting hit with gas pains that I haven't had in many days. Finally done there and I am on the other side of town so I stop by JoAnns (70% off sale) got a few things and headed to target to pick up a couple of things then home. Shew! Now I am plopped on the couch ready to read Harry Potter. I don't have any pain but I am tired. I am sure I will be a swelly belly again in the morning

Oh well..as long as I can go see the Simpsons I'm fine
Unread 07-28-2007, 01:17 AM

Well I hate to see you feeling this way I am glad to see someone on the same page as me I feel like I am never gonna get better. Does not seem fair I wanna be well again.
Unread 07-28-2007, 06:52 AM

Jennice, thats great news. I can't wait to hear all of it. Ele. and I were wondering what was going on.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register