Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 65 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-28-2007, 07:07 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Phillipians446, That is good then.. if you are not haveing any infection and if there is no order then its just your body adjusting.. it probably the healing process and that is good.. if you dont have ovaries your body is adjusting to what is missing.. but if it becomes a concern your best bet would go to your Doc and ask him/her what it could be.. I still have my ovaries I am now at the the point of no discharge... but maybe a dime size so that is a good sign..

I hope all is well with you and that your feeling good

GEMBC69
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Captain Crunch.. how do you DO it?

Ok, you had a hysterectomy July 13 and you say you are 'done w/vacation' and you run all around.... AMAZING. How do you do it? I'm not surprised you got some gas pains from all that activity. I thought you were going to tell me you were buying heavy stuff and hauling it out of Ikea LOL............

Today I was walking some mindless morning laps (I lost count, darn it) and I sneezed and I do believe that my bladder didn't 'leak' like it used to when I sneezed. Hooray. That's one upside of having the surgery.

Well, you, take it easy. I hope you laugh a ton at the movie. My teen saw it last nite and even though she is not a simpsons fan she said it was 'ok' and a local reviewer gave it 3.5 of 4 stars. Have a fun Saturday. Take care. Save your energy for Monday. You are amazing!

E.
Unread 07-28-2007, 08:32 AM

Haven't posted here in awhile...Took me hour or so to catch-up with you all...I need to get in here more I guess...I've kept up better in our "chat" area...will go there next!

I am happy to report no problems...last I posted lower gaspain were still an issue...I found that if lower bowel stayed empty, NO GAS PAINS...so when I feel them coming on, I use a fleet suppository and within 15 minutes...enough relief til next day or so!

I now feel virtually have NO discomfort anywhere inside where everything was removed/stitched, and incision looks awesome, after staple removal I only needed like 3 steristrips and they said if they didn't fall off by yesterday to go ahead and take them off...I am happy to death with it, am able to zip and button all my preop jeans without even covering incision...It looks 100% than my old one...I also have NO swelly belly left, in fact think my tummy is flatter than preop dh is having a hard time saying I look "hotter than ever"LOL.........

Debating if I were going to mention this or not but what the heck.........dh and I went out last night for some eats and drinks told him I had something to tell him but not til after my 3rd drink LOL...told him he was gonna love it.........he was ordering my next when I was only half done with the first LOL....well found out yesterday "EVERYTHING WORKING JUST FINE" (big "O" wise) He wanted DETAILS LOL now he just won't let it go LOL...wonder if I'm first in our group to experience this??? It really did feel exactly the same as before!!!!YEAH!!!!!!

Hoping that was recovery information update at it's finest!

to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2007, 08:51 AM

Hi girls! Glad this is a slower thread to be missing from (sorry) and not need an hour to catch up...although I do wish there where more of us here...

Have been missing because my days have basically been back to normal since preop... and lovin it cause I still have til beginning of Sept. til I go back to work...

Ok must tell you all my BIG STEP FORWARD...yesterday discovered everything works just fine in the "big O" department and feels no different than before told dh last night after several tall drinks and he won't quit talking about it LOL wants details, LOL said he wanted to do it first LOL 1st thing this morning was giving me that look LOL we know we are not even close to the real thing yet but "that" is his first and most important for me anyway...now he wants to try LOL..........anyway sorry if waaaaaay TMI but sure everyone is curious.........I obviously was
Unread 07-28-2007, 09:16 AM

Gemini3 -
Didn't it hurt you incision? That's like the one thing that is preventing me from even attempting! I am happy for you though and I can only hope for the same.
Unread 07-28-2007, 09:20 AM

E -
I am starting to think I have some nerve damage on my left side. The doctor wants me to call again on Monday and I will discuss it then. I don't think much can be done for it except to let it heal. I'll investigate a little this afternoon via the internet.
-Mimi
Unread 07-28-2007, 10:00 AM
getting there

Hi All,
I had my total hysterectomy on 7/16 and was released on 7/19. I had my follow up appointment on 7/26 and was told by my doctor that I have stage IIIA uterine cancer.

This has all happened so fast, It hasn't even been a mounth since Iwas told I would need a hysterectomy, and now I am trying to deal with the fact that I will need radiation and chemotherapy. It is like somekind of bad dream that I think I will wake up from, but don't.

I am still bleeding a little from my incision and vagina. I had open abdominal surgery and I have been walking, still having pain though.

It helps to have some place to vent all of this... Thanks for providing this service.
Unread 07-28-2007, 10:06 AM

Mimi, am in the same position with the pain on my right hand side, ashesions and nerve damage have been mentioned, and have to go again next week. I know its agony when I try and sleep on my side, feel as if everything is being pulled out.

Generally tummy very swollen and sore still, so am amazed when so many of you are saying they are out of pain and back in jeans etc.

How do I get on the chat link??

Well done Gemini, can't imagine anything at the moment although I wish I could!

Got a bit teary last night feeling hormonal, useless, fat and unattractive to my husband - bless him, he was so sweet and reassuring.

Take care everyone xxxxx
Unread 07-28-2007, 10:08 AM

Bunny,
I am sending lots of s and prayers. Please vent all you need. There are a lot of wonderful sisters who are here for you.
-Mimi
Unread 07-28-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliefisdue
E -
I am starting to think I have some nerve damage on my left side. The doctor wants me to call again on Monday and I will discuss it then. I don't think much can be done for it except to let it heal. I'll investigate a little this afternoon via the internet.
-Mimi
I have some nerve damage on my right side. I was told though that this was normal. That sometimes the nerves get cut there and this happens.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register