Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 66 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny333
Hi All,
I had my total hysterectomy on 7/16 and was released on 7/19. I had my follow up appointment on 7/26 and was told by my doctor that I have stage IIIA uterine cancer.

This has all happened so fast, It hasn't even been a mounth since Iwas told I would need a hysterectomy, and now I am trying to deal with the fact that I will need radiation and chemotherapy. It is like somekind of bad dream that I think I will wake up from, but don't.

I am still bleeding a little from my incision and vagina. I had open abdominal surgery and I have been walking, still having pain though.

It helps to have some place to vent all of this... Thanks for providing this service.
I feel for you. I went in with them thinking I had ovarian cancer. It all happen within 2 months. All was benign. Hang on and I will pray for you for a speedy recovery Take it easy for healing. We are here for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2007, 10:16 AM

Hurrydog, now that was funny. U got me good too. It is nice to have a sense of humor on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurrydog
Evenin' ladies,

Captain Crunch - you're raising the bar! I'm so glad you are doing well.

I went to the fair and rode the Tilt-A-Whirl, the bumper cars, and finished up with the Ferris Wheel - JUST KIDDING! My DD's did those things while I watched the goats. There was a great big old mama goat there who looked like she was ready to give birth any day and I thought, "Sister, I know how you feel." My swelly belly refuses to surrender. I'm sure the elephant ear I had won't help, but it was tasty!

I didn't do many of the things I planned today because I just felt like lying around in bed. If a girl can't lie around without guilt while ignoring her self-imposed agenda after a hysterectomy, I don't know when she can.

Sweet dreams, Ladies.
Heather
Unread 07-28-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny333
Hi All,
I had my total hysterectomy on 7/16 and was released on 7/19. I had my follow up appointment on 7/26 and was told by my doctor that I have stage IIIA uterine cancer.

This has all happened so fast, It hasn't even been a mounth since Iwas told I would need a hysterectomy, and now I am trying to deal with the fact that I will need radiation and chemotherapy. It is like somekind of bad dream that I think I will wake up from, but don't.

I am still bleeding a little from my incision and vagina. I had open abdominal surgery and I have been walking, still having pain though.

It helps to have some place to vent all of this... Thanks for providing this service.

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis and need for continued treatment. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2007, 10:58 AM

Gem3,

You did the nasty already. OMG! I am nervous and ready at the same time. Gotta wait my 6 wks though. I had 2 glasses of champagne at uno's on thursday (no meds) to celebrate my 1st year with BF and got sick. I still don't eat much (not like I used to) and puked one good time and went to sleep. Maybe, I will try a beer down the road, on more food.

Elefan,
I am sorry that I have been missing. Going over to the progress side now to post. You are great for worrying over me. I feel the same way about you, with over doing it. I can't dare to see hairspray. My baby (john travolta) dressing like a woman, would kill me. I wanted to have his love child. Guess that won't be happening now.
I went to a 70s party last night (no drinking) and had a decent time. The had the soul train line and everything. I didn't dance, but did get my eat on. My appetite is returning and I have to be careful.
Unread 07-28-2007, 11:11 AM

Hi all -
I finally decided to locate this thread and will read through it. Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

The doctor and my DH want me to get out to do some walking today in spite of the aches and pains so I think I will attempt to get out to a store and look for some items for my trip. We are going to St. Lucia in December and I want to avoid having to purchase over priced resort wear later.
Unread 07-28-2007, 11:20 AM

SunnyBahrain and byfaith -

Not to belabor this issue but what does your nerve damage feel like? I am comparing notes which helps, of course, when others are experiencing the same situation. The doctor did follow up this morning ( I should say physician's assistant but that gets too long to write out each time I mention her) and feels that this will more than likely resolve on its own.

Thanks.
Unread 07-28-2007, 11:45 AM

Hi everyone,
Ele – thanks for the information on how to find this discussion group. It’s taken me a couple of hours to catch up with all the messages. I feel like I’m a week behind everyone – not in recovery from the operation but in chatting and gossip! I wanted to respond to posts I as I was reading them but realized that they were a few days old and the discussion had probably moved along, but here a few belated/related remarks.

Teaching - It’s great to hear from so many other teachers. Ele, I feel much the same about getting back into the swing of thinking about school. I don’t have to start back until late August but I volunteered (??) to put together a complex Middle School Core Arts schedule before we start back. I think I may have to leave that until at least mid-August when, hopefully, my brain kicks back in and I can retain my thoughts for longer than 10 minutes at a time. Thank goodness we had our computer training workshops before my surgery and I got some of my new curriculum finished up then.

Doors and help - I’ve decided that, if a door looks like it is heavy, it’s okay to just wait and ask the next person who walks by to open it for me. It gives them good karma and helps me too since I’m so bad about asking for help! In fact, I’m getting much better at asking for help whenever I need it. I plan to grab a couple of Middle School students when I get back to school and give them “community service” or even just a big “thank you” to help me set up my classroom!

Hair Spray - I agree Hairspray was great. I was lucky and saw a screening of it on July 9th the night before my surgery. That was good because it was with a full audience and I could really LOL without having to have a pillow on my stomach! The only bad thing was that, while under the influence of all that post op medication, John Travolta in drag with his Baltimore accent kept floating thorough my mind. I would rather it had been him from “Grease” days or even “Michael”! Oh well.

SEX - I can’t believe you all are thinking about sex already – is it my age, menopausal condition, or maybe those visions of John Travolta in drag??? Hopefully I’ll catch up soon there soon too.

Okay, I’m off to the library now to return a couple of books I’ve now read and to pick up a copy of “Middlesex” (there’s that SEX again!) Warning to whoever said she was reading the new Harry Potter book – handle it carefully, cushion your stomach, and don’t make any sudden moves to put it down – it’s heavy - ouch!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone –
Unread 07-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Reliefisdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliefisdue
SunnyBahrain and byfaith -

Not to belabor this issue but what does your nerve damage feel like? I am comparing notes which helps, of course, when others are experiencing the same situation. The doctor did follow up this morning ( I should say physician's assistant but that gets too long to write out each time I mention her) and feels that this will more than likely resolve on its own.

Thanks.
When I went in a few weeks ago to see a doctor regarding my badder I had asked her about the fact that all along the right side of my incision it is numb. She responded yes, sometimes that happens when they cut some of the nerves. She never told me it would resolve. I wish it would though. When I see my surgen I will also ask her about it. I won't see her for a couple weeks.
Unread 07-28-2007, 12:15 PM

When I asked my dr at my 2 wk visit about the numbness in about a 3 inch circle between my belly button & the incision, he said nerves get cut & often the numbness is permanent.
Unread 07-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Chat Link

This is the link I use for chat. Just copy and past in your browser window.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=305991

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register