Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 67 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I have the same thing. I haven't gone for my 4 week appt. yet. I'll ask and see what my doctor says. (numbness)
I just got back from JoAnne Fabrics and Marks. I made sure I only bought a few items. First time I drove. (Surgery was on 7-13, TAH)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2007, 01:24 PM

welcome bunny, i'm sorry that you are having to go through so much in such little time . the surgery alone can be very overwhelming. I have found such great support here and the cool thing is you will find others going through exactly the same thing you are going through. Its a great place to vent! when do you start your treatment?
Unread 07-28-2007, 01:26 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Please keep us all informed how you are doing. They can do a lot today and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you have a good recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2007, 01:27 PM

Hi everyone, I've been keeping up with reading everyone's post but have been quiet myself waiting to hear from the doctor. He never did call me back about my so called "leaking" situation. It is much less today however. I read somewhere on the boards to take an AZO pill which will stain your urine orange. That way you can tell if what you are leaking is discharge or urine. Well I did that yesterday and so far it looks like its not urine what I am leaking. This is all so stressful isnt it?
Unread 07-28-2007, 01:28 PM

TMI.Alert:
Gemini3, did you have X after 2 wks with your DH or alone? I can't believe it. DEtaILS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini3
Haven't posted here in awhile...Took me hour or so to catch-up with you all...I need to get in here more I guess...I've kept up better in our "chat" area...will go there next!

I am happy to report no problems...last I posted lower gaspain were still an issue...I found that if lower bowel stayed empty, NO GAS PAINS...so when I feel them coming on, I use a fleet suppository and within 15 minutes...enough relief til next day or so!

I now feel virtually have NO discomfort anywhere inside where everything was removed/stitched, and incision looks awesome, after staple removal I only needed like 3 steristrips and they said if they didn't fall off by yesterday to go ahead and take them off...I am happy to death with it, am able to zip and button all my preop jeans without even covering incision...It looks 100% than my old one...I also have NO swelly belly left, in fact think my tummy is flatter than preop dh is having a hard time saying I look "hotter than ever"LOL.........

Debating if I were going to mention this or not but what the heck.........dh and I went out last night for some eats and drinks told him I had something to tell him but not til after my 3rd drink LOL...told him he was gonna love it.........he was ordering my next when I was only half done with the first LOL....well found out yesterday "EVERYTHING WORKING JUST FINE" (big "O" wise) He wanted DETAILS LOL now he just won't let it go LOL...wonder if I'm first in our group to experience this??? It really did feel exactly the same as before!!!!YEAH!!!!!!

Hoping that was recovery information update at it's finest!

to all!
Unread 07-28-2007, 01:57 PM

Tonite, I will give you all the details about my post op at the dr. I guess I have to change my signature. I went to the cook out and have been busy most of the week except tuesday. I am slowing it down today and tomor and see how I feel on Monday. I don't hurt just a little sad and depressed about wht the findings were. I just pray all goes well for all of us. My BF will drop by with some pizza that I have been dying for. My appetite is slowly returning (and that is not good). I have lost 5 lbs, so I am back to my weight of 145, 5'2. I don't want to drop under 140. Most importantly, I have lost a lot of inches. I just worry about weight issues since this surgery, because I hear that u can gain weight. Who knows? Anyway, ladies, thanks for worrying about me and I will check in this evening to discuss stuff. It just took half the day to catch up in this thread and the sister chat thread since Thurs. I don't like to miss anything. Phillipian, be careful too with working too much. Sorry, you have to go back to work, Lin. I can get used to this. Originally, doc told me 4 wks. I took my list of ?, but felt rushed. He mainly just wanted to see the 3 sites. He used surgical glue and told me they look good and start using merderma. Look for the signature change.
Unread 07-28-2007, 02:20 PM

HI Jennice, I look forward to your posting tonite. I am taking it easy today too. Wow, we had he same exact surgery--LSH, 3 sites, and surgical glue! Except i couldnt keep my ovaries. Enjoy the pizza. I hope to make it to church tonite. I havent been since the weekend before the surgery and I miss attending the services. DH and I will go out for a bite to eat afterwards as we usually do. Oh gosh, maybe all of this was to be posted on the sisters chat instead of here...........we better go talk over there! bye!
Unread 07-28-2007, 04:31 PM

Wow, I can't believe some of you are already talking about sex. I really must be getting old or something (46) but that is the last thing on my mind right now. Or at least it was ha ha. No sex for me the DR. said until the last week in August. And you know what that is just fine with me. O well I went and took my dh to get his truck inspected and it passed just fine. Thank god for that.
Unread 07-28-2007, 07:32 PM

Gemini3
I'm in Gainesville, Tx, but I'm originally from outside of Fly, Ohio. What part are you from.
Unread 07-28-2007, 07:56 PM

Hi ladies, how is everyone tonite? I had a rather "blah" day. I just felt tired, even though i slept over 9 hours!!!!!!!! I've been sleeping like a baby, all night (no meds) I didnt wake up until almost 10 am this morning. but throughout the day i just felt sluggish. I did a little shopping with DH and then went out to dinner. After that i just wanted to come home. I love my home, my bed, my COMFORT. We rented a couple of movies........let's see......last night we watched The Holiday. It was a cutie ! Tonight we will see Freedom Writers. Anyone see that one?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register