Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 68 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

LAW1961
You say you don't get paid in the summer? I work at the high school cafeteria here and they average our pay out over 12 months. We officially start back Aug 27. 'Course we we go in for a few hours the week prior to get all set up. I asked my dr if I could go back then. He said if I felt fine, but don't overdo. My best friend from church is also my boss, plus another friend from church works there. Out of the 7 ladies in our kitchen, I think only 3 still have all their plumbing. So I don't think I'll be allowed to overdo it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2007, 10:36 PM

I had pizza tonight too you guy's, but could barely eat 2 slices. I also had flan and m&m's, but I'm continuing a "workout" coughing up a sweat...whew! so I felt like i could afford the extra calories. Actually, I'm starting to finally get better. I miss you guy's already! Thanks elephante for the well wishes! I pray the best of health for you too! Yes, I sort of dread going back to work, but in another way, routine is not a bad thing and now i know there really isn't anything on TV worth watching during the day.
Unread 07-28-2007, 11:02 PM

It is kinda dead in here tonite, Lin & phil. Guess it is a saturday night. I can't wait to talk to all u guys tomorrow including relief & elefan. Already spoke wit my girl painfree.

Phil446,
You had your post-op yet? You see what was found on me. Adhesions too & fibroids. I am upset because I don't know where the adhesions were. I mean, I know they were on the right ovary. Had the surgery before, but where else. Like I said, he asked me to lay down and looked at the sites and to get some merderma. He did ask how I felt? He didn't mention anything about vacuuming, exercising, etc. When I asked, he said listen to my body and that is it. He did give me another prescrip for pain meds since I didn't like the hydrocodone. I had left the hospital with oxocodone, but he said that you can't call that in. It has to be had written. I barely got my path report ? answered. Thank God that was clean though. Chat tomorrow. I have some ? for u phil446.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2007, 11:57 PM

Seems like hysterectomy is the new tonsilectomy.....ya don't need it so cut it out so it won't cause any problems.

Seems way too common. Maybe they've just gotten better at detecting things.

Anyway, my dh was being a complete jerk today so we sat at home. :burning: I sat all day and finished Harry Potter so it wasn't a day wasted. Ds and dh seem to think I am 100%, dh was a bit shocked when I reminded him no sex for at least 4 more weeks. Well DUH, how many times have I said this? I swear the man doesn't listen to a word I say. He was complaining about there not being clean clothes even though I have asked him like 10 times to get them to the laundry room so while he was trying to sleep I stomped through the room repeatedly taking small loads out and throwing them over the stairs.
He was alot sweeter to me when he woke up from his nap...maybe they forget and need to be gently reminded.
Unread 07-29-2007, 12:06 AM

Hmm this behavior sounds all too familiar I am dealing with it as well.....i keep saying this house is not going to clean itself and I was given specific directions NOT to vacumn for 6 weeks yeah right.....
Unread 07-29-2007, 05:20 AM

crossroads, I wish they would divide our pays up all year round so we could get paid in the summer time but they won't. But i guess i'm one of the lucky ones i make enough to money anyway out of each paycheck. Some of the ladies only make about 8 dollars or so and only work 15-20 hrs aweek. I at least work 35-40 hrs, only cuz we make breakfast too. I go in on the 13th of Aug. to open up kitchen with boss, so we can feed the highschool football players thru Aug. only 3 days about 4-5 hrs. each day. It will slowly get me back in to rythm again. But no heavy lifting at all only light duty i would say to at least the end of Sept. You know our work when the deliveries come in is very very heavy lifting.
Unread 07-29-2007, 06:44 AM

Good Sunday Morning Girls

To answer your question Crossroads: I am about 1hr south of Cleveland, or 20minutes south of Akron whichever you recognize...town is actually Massillon, OH...born and raised here only switched sides of town when we got married 24 years ago all 3 of our kids have/will graduate from my same highschool... My mom & dad (heck they went to the same highschool too) and all brothers and their families all live close by still too...It's nice! I never heard of Fly?

Going to be a sunny 85degree day here...don't know what's up yet, probably the usual, hang out on the deck and cook-out Our Sunday kinda thing to do!!!

Yesterday dh and I went to his cousins for a "cousins only" family reunion about 40 minutes away...we had a blast...what a crazy bunch!!!!!!!!!!Dang, we were gone from early afternoon til into the night...I felt great the whole time...It's been a good week now that I don't ever have to lay down and rest during the day YEAH!!!

Still no signs of hot flashes, night sweats, moodieness etc...I'm happy cause sounds like it's kinda the norm??? Still not lookin into it...leave well enough alone for now!!!

I feel better now 2 1/2 weeks out of surgery than I did during a period??? Go figure...I think I was putting up with more pain than was necessary for quite awhile!!! Need to go figure if I'm close to a would-be period cause I wanna celebrate that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's see, started night before surgery, that would be July 10 so Aug 8th maybe? OHHH nice that is right around my 4-week with Doctor...I go Aug 9th...that cool!

No one yesterday could believe I just had a hysterectomy...could not believe I'm in regualr clothes! All my jeans & shorts & capris are very low rise anyhow so that really helps with the fit they've always just kinda rested on the hips (which I have none so the waist never has been tight, I even need my belt to the next tighter notch to hold them up LOL I wear my shirts just slightly touching waist of pants...looks better than before cause my incision is waaay nicer looking then my previous one...dh said I was the HOTTEST COUSIN OF THEM ALL! Now that's good incentive!!! He is being so bad, I have these shorts he just loves, my ds and his gf got them on a trip to Cancun they are those jersey type that say "cancun" on the buttt (you now the ones) and he loves to come up behind me and pull them up over the cheeks of my butt WTH, they are so comfy cause they're the kind you can roll the waist real low...oh well MEN!

Well that's my weekend update so far girls...hope you all have a bright healthy day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-29-2007, 07:36 AM

I live in a suburb of Cleveland, Rocky River. I never heard of FLY.

Phillipians: I saw "Holiday", it was cute. We went and saw "No Reservations" the other night, that was very good. A nice clean, fun, romantic movie - no swearing or sex. I think I saw Freedom Writers, if that is the one about a teacher in the inner city. Very good.
It has been great sleeping in, that is going to be the hardest thing about going back to work. I think I will start after my 4 weeks off with just going in the afternoon. Well, I need to get a shower and get to church. I think I am going to be late! (That's not so good since my husband is the pastor), but everyone knows I am recuperating.
Captain Crunch - I think our family has done so much for us that it is normal for them to be a little crabby at times.
Unread 07-29-2007, 08:25 AM

Ok, so on Monday, it's been 2 weeks for me. I had some "problems" and I'd like to share with others.

Right after my surgery, the NURSE had me LIFT up on bars (above my hospital bed) to lift myself into a more comfortable position! If I had known that this was a HUGE mistake to do, I'd have never done it.

This could have torn all my stitches out!!

The pain wasn't as bad as I expected, and I was walking around the next day. I was suppose to stay in the hospital for a total of 4 days, but went home in 2. I did fine the first week, but the 2nd week, I started to bleed. My doctor NEVER told me that this could happen, and I absolutely PANICKED!

I went back to my doctor's office and had one of her partners check to see if everything was ok or not. The bleeding continued for a week straight, and 4 days later, I bled enough to ruin my mattress.

The bleeding has stopped, (I PRAY for good) for the past 3 days now.

My surgery was no picnic as I had endometriosis, and a tumor. My doctor had 2 other surgeons in the surgery room with her to help out. I haven't had any menopausal symptoms yet, and I am a bit scared of what to expect with that next hurdle.

i am so glad a friend found this site for me, and i look forward to reading what others have experienced.

Thank you for reading!

AGE 45, SEVERE ENDOMETRIOSIS AND VERY HEAVY BLEEDING DURING MENSTRUAL PERIODS.
Unread 07-29-2007, 08:34 AM

Hello everyone. It's lonely..........as we all heal we don't check in as often. I am still plodding along w/my 10,000 steps per day. Sometimes I get crampy, but no bleeding for the past week, basically, except when the doc did his little internal inspection last Wed. and then a bit of spotting. I tried swimming for my 10 min. yesterday. It was hard. I just did some treading and tried not to move my legs too much bec. I was afraid. My arms feel the burn today from treading. It was still nice, though. Even though it was tiring I'm glad I tried. Today I have done 3 mi. so far and chugged my water. I am just taking it one day at a time. Hard to believe I was freaking out 3 weeks ago today and that tomorrow is the 3 week anniversary of the surgery. As I said, I still get gassy pains in my tummy and up thru the chest, but I just 'chill,' breathe as slowly as I can, drink little sips of water, rest a sec, and then move on from it. I am going to the bathroom more at nite again. BOOOOO. I still can 'hold it' though more than before surgery.

I know as time passes and we return to our 'real lives' after we totally heal, that we won't be on here very often. I'm thinking of you all and hope you have a good, healthy Sunday. I'm being good about not lifting, etc. Take care everyone! E.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register