Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 88 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

DES is something that our mothers took when they were carrying us to prevent miscarriage. In my case my doctor asked if my mother had taken DES because of my heavy periods and periods in between (starting as a teenager), my mother couldn't find her records but she remembered taking something. That is why my periods are that way and my cervix was like inside out and I had some abnormal pap tests. I also have infertility and wasn't able to get pregnant which could be from the DES. Usually DES doesn't necesarily cause infertility but it could make difficult pregnancies. I was born in 1958 so I know there was about a 20 year span (I think) when women were prescribed this DES drug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 08:48 AM

Thanks Mimi, always good to hear from you.

The leg pains are always a worry, but all medics seems to totally rule out DVT unless swelling or redness.

The pain I had on my right side started with my right leg feeling heavy and numb, so nerve endings could be involved and may well be in your case.

Let me know how you get on Mimi and if it eases or if you end up having further tests. Thinking of you always.

Bopper I agree with you, so hoped I would be progressing better than I am, this pain is really getting me down and we don't know until we have overdone it until we are in pain and its too late.

I have been told I am doing too much but as you say its a thin line.

With this awful raw pain have been in bed all day and relatively comfortable if just on my back propped up but got up 15 mins ago hoping the pain would have subsided and ouch its back as bad as ever.

Not sure what to do really.

I am also thinking how on earth do I go back to work in 3 weeks?

I am 47, there seems to be no difference in our recoveries and age on the whole.

Take care and hope you find a balance with your daily activites.

Hugs xxxx
Unread 08-02-2007, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBahrain
The leg pains are always a worry, but all medics seems to totally rule out DVT unless swelling or redness.
Any leg pain post op needs to be investigated. At three weeks post op I was admitted to the hospital with a deep vein thrombosis. My only symptom was pain. I had no redness, no swelling, it didn't feel hot to the touch. The only way to rule out a clot is with a dopplar ultrasound of the leg.

If the pain is in both legs, it's unlikely that it's a clot, but it's wise to get any leg pain checked out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 09:10 AM

You guys are 2 sweet to each other.

E, just reading all the posts. Your prayers were answered. Thank God.

Law, Crossroads, Deb: You guys are hillarious and your last periods too. I, 2 thought that mine would never stop. I went about 7 days and that had NEVER happened. I had always been about 4.5 days. I told my sister that my uterus was showing her *** because this was the last one. It could've also been the progesterone BC pill I was on too that caused that. Caus it sure didn't help the pain. It did stop one wk before. I had it at my pre-op appt and the nurse said that wouldn't stop the surgery.

Today is my 3 week hystervasary!
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:12 AM

Crossroads,
You are too funnnnny! Your underwear were in a bio-hazard bag. That is a great keeper though. My memories are the watcher pitcher, pictures and video that I will neve turn on AGAIN.
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:18 AM
feeling blue

I am going in today to the Doctor. Tuesday I felt on top of the world. Wednesday, I had no energy. This is the first I have felt like this. I have a discharge that has foul odor. It used to be heavier but since calling the Doctor...it is hardly there. I have been crying at the drop of a hat. I am not normally like this. Is it normal?
I only wish I had no energy right after surgery or I would not have overdone it some of those initial days.
My family is making me go in. I want to cancel. I am a nurse. i should know more about what is going on with me! It is so frustrating!

Simply Me
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:18 AM

Hi all. I've spent a good 45 minutes already here at work trying to catch up on this thread. I still have 6 pages left to read so I will have to do that tonight at home.
I just wanted to let everyone know, that no, I should not have come back to work, at least not full days already. Even though I do have a "sit-down" job. So heed my warning all. I thought I was feeling great and was looking foward to coming back, but now, I've been back 3 days (working on 4 now) and regret it. Day two was end of the month and since I work in the accounting dept, it was a longer day than the norm.
And yesterday someone asked me to go grab an order from the back to bring to the customer up front!!! I asked how big the order was, and when she said 50 t-shirts, I said I'll find someone to bring it up (yeah, E, I work for a large screenprint and emb company, so if you want to do t's..... )
So , dumb*** me, carried the box about 25 feet then sat it down and went to look for someone. I felt bad the customer had to wait (they had no idea that I just had surgery), but I wasn't about to carry it any further.
I know I've been overdoing it and now getting a little nervous. Yesterday I had to leave a little early as I got "sick" and started running a fever. Not feeling all that great today so I will probably not make it all day.
Anyways, I will try my hardest to get the computer tonight (w/ 3 teenage boys, it's hard to get in there) and catch up on all of the "news".
E - I'm praying for you and your family. With the tragedy that happened I'm sure this is a very tough time for you and I'm so sorry.

Love and hugs to all
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:29 AM

Sunny Bahrain, Thanks so much for your very encouraging reply. When I read the posts from so many people who are walking miles and back to work in 2-3 weeks, I have to wonder if I'm babying myself. But I know if I walk even 15 minutes I'm hurting. Of course, I had "the works" -- doctor took ovaries, uterus and cervix -- so I guess that makes a difference. Today it's not so much pain as a stretching sensation and extreme fatigue.

People have been talking about insomnia and mood swings. If you had the hysterectomy done pre-menopause, you can expect these things to happen. When I went through menopause I was waking up every 2 hours. You never get into deep REM sleep and this is not good for you, so talk to your doctor about it.

Hang in there, sisters
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:31 AM

Simply,
I think that it is normal. I am at my 3 wk point today. I believe depending on your exercise/fitness & weight determines how quickly you recover. I don't know if you may need to take an occassional pain pill from dr. or not. I think that you are fine. Also, the surgery plays a role. I had a LSH (prob the quikest recovery) and felt better after about 10 days. Each day has been better. I still get a little twinge or pain now/then, but I am sure you will be ok. It just takes time.
Also, I don't really have any discharge, but itching. My dr. called in 2 diflucan for me. I hope this came from the anti-biotic they put in my IV..........
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Sara,
I am sorry that you are feeling bad. That is y I have decided to take an addl wk off myself, to make it 5 wks instead of 4. My LSH surgeon told me this is a 4 wk procedure. I have a sit down job too and have a few guys that will fuss over me and won't let me do anything. I have some healthy girls that cry, get me a bottle of water to put on the cooler. I don't wait for men and when I want some hot tea (we have the hot side too) I will drag a bottle, lift and flip it over. NOT ANYMORE! We work 4 10hr (off fri) in the summer and I know that I can't make it that long yet. I hated it before the surgery.
Please, be careful, sara. You don't want a hernia and we only just this once to recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register