Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020

Unread 01-07-2021, 11:11 AM
Red face - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020

8-Week Post-Op and feeling okay!

Pros:
Little to no pain. More comfortable at night. Able to walk around for longer periods of time, sit longer with comfort (not as long as I would like/ need regular adjusting) and do light chores/ activities. Nausea has lessened so I am able to eat a bit more yummy foods. I can drive and have sex again. Gentle exercise is feeling strange but needed. I'm able to go out and finally feel human again!

Cons:
Still get tired/ fatigued pretty easily. Lifting/ pushing/ pulling can still be bothersome and cause discomfort. I have gained weight so it can be frustrating at times learning to love my new body. My tummy looks bloated and the scars are very noticeable. I know they will fade eventually. Abdominal/ core work is a no go for me at this point as is heavy or continuous lifting and bending over. I am still having to manage my bowels carefully with meds/ foods/ fluids. I go from constipation to diarrhea easily. This is improving though. I tried having sex once...lots of lubrication...I was nervous/ scared and rightly so. We took it slow and he didn't enter all the way. Unfortunately, it was painful (burning?) and sore. There was a short time when it felt fine. We had to stop though. Thankfully I have a very patient and caring husband. I know it takes time but it was discouraging. Outer play (oral-clitorial stimulation) is fine and feels good but I am still careful as I get sore easily now. I still have inner vaginal pain/ spasms at times. Abdominal discomfort/ pulls are still present but they are less noticeable. A lot of it depends on my activity level. Sometimes I feel bloated and gassy even when it's not gas. That is uncomfortable. Still not sleeping consistently well. Insomnia? Emotionally it's still difficult but it does get easier. I have good days and not so great days. I am grateful for my support system.

Overall I am well and listening to my body, doing what I can, and stopping when I need to. Taking it slow and easy. Patience, I have learned the hard way, is key.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2021, 12:15 PM
Unhappy - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020 Re: 11 Weeks Post-Op / Brown Discharge

Hey Ladies,

Anyone experience brownish discharge 2-3 months post-op? It's almost granulated. It just started today, came out of nowhere. Usually just when I pee and wipe but I still need a liner. Wondering if this is something I should be concerned about.

I do have some pain-discomfort, vaginal and pelvic. Esp when I move in certain ways or do certain activities. Still have nausea and trouble sleeping due to being uncomfortable. Intercourse is too painful so haven't succeeded there. Fatigue is still an issue.

Walking around and stairs are usually fine. Standing upright most of the time. Sitting is much more comfortable. I have physical therapy starting in Feb for pelvic/ vaginal pain and urination issues.

I did speak with a nurse about the discharge who said to give it a couple of days and if it doesn't resolve to call back. To also look out for odor, fever, and other signs of infection.

I leave town on Jan 31st so I'm a bit nervous about it. It feels like all should be well by now. I don't want to go backward.

Thanks!
Unread 01-28-2021, 06:22 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020

Hello ladies. Has anyone started any hormone therapy even after keeping ovaries. I feel out of wack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeychristy View Post
Hello ladies. Has anyone started any hormone therapy even after keeping ovaries. I feel out of wack.
Hi

Both my ovaries were removed but I’m trying without HRT. Prior to hysterectomy I was on HRT due to having hormonal issues peri menopausal. I must admit I had no problems with it & it resolved my symptoms.

Consultant said to try without after op. Have had hot flushes but I’m using a gel cool mat overnight in bed which really helps. I’m also taking Vitabotics Wellwoman 50 plus vitamins which help with tiredness & fatigue, I’ve found they really make a difference.

Hope you get sorted soon. Big hugs x to
Unread 01-28-2021, 09:50 AM

Thanks I’ll try the vitamins first !
Unread 01-28-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeychristy View Post
Thanks I’ll try the vitamins first !
It took me just over two weeks after first starting to take them before I started to feel the benefit. I’m in Scotland, don’t know where you are based if you can buy them where you live.

The gel pad I find fantastic, the flushes wake me up & I couldn’t get back to sleep. I now just grab the cool gel pad, it’s a JML chillmax pillow, I sleep on it & I fall back asleep. I also use “Calm” app which has guided meditation & fantastic sleep stories to get me to fall asleep again.

Hope these help x
Unread 01-28-2021, 10:32 AM

I need the chill max pillow too. I’ll try any of these things if it helps thank you !
Unread 02-06-2021, 06:33 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020

Hello ladies,

I'm three months in and started exercising about 3 weeks ago. Appetite is completely back and I have times where I just can't get enough to eat. Maybe stress related. Haven't been able to lose a pound. Anyone else?

I started work a month ago and it has helped with the insomnia a bit. Just being tired and not being able to just sleep during the day as I want, has helped. Though when I get home I'm exhausted and want to go straight to bed. I try to keep myself up so I can sleep through the night.

My husband and i tried sex for the first time about a week ago.. I had been so nervous I kept putting it off. I was super nervous when it happened I couldn't enjoy anything and I had a bit of vaginal dryness. A few days later and we tried again , the same thing, vaginal dryness Anyone experiencing this? I didn't think this would happen because I didn't have my ovaries removed and wouldn't be experiencing menopausal symptoms but this is one and I also have started experiencing PMS even without a cycle. I thought this would be gone but I guess not.

Everything else has been pretty good. I am blessed. I hope everyone's journey is getting better and better by the day.

Be well and be safe!
Unread 06-06-2021, 11:29 AM
Red face - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020

Hi Everyone!

So, let's see if anyone has this issue but it's been about 6-months and I still have brownish-greyish discharge, kind of like granules every once in a while. It's not daily but sometimes random and often when I'm more active. I've taken it easy the last couple of days after a busy vacay and this morning I had some of that discharge. I'm a little nauseous and have very mild abdominal pain/ pulling. The last two issues are common for me though so it's not necessarily tied to the discharge. The last time I talked to my doctor about this issue I was told it's simply leftover "stuff" from the surgery. That was about a month or two ago. It honestly doesn't make me feel any better especially knowing that the vaginal sling can tear at any time for the first year. Also, no my doctor does not do the silver nitrate treatment. I asked.

Anyone else? Thoughts?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register